It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover how to make electricity ‘out of thin air’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Real monies, precious metals, and fossil fuels completely rule this world so none of this free energy nonsense is ever going to happen in real life because all humans are naturally corrupt to the core of their bodies and souls! ❌🚫

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

Judging by the amount of microplastics and pollution we're all immersed in, I'd reckon our old gears of corruption will not be the only factor in that equation.
And this wouldn't be the first time money only thought it had all the (free) power of the world. The cat is essentially out of the box now, innit? Who's going to put it back in, and how? Do you know cats? It's going to be a long night!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Read that caption again slowly. He wasn’t sitting there while powered up. The picture was done as a double exposure.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Almost as if Tesla was on to something. a reply to: Insurrectile

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Lots of breakthroughs in the scientific world, especially with energy. Love how Biden suspended Trump's Alaska Oil and the other day brought it back.

Anyway. It's no surprise, these breakthroughs. Pretty sure its all cyclical. Looking back, all civilizations failed. So, what are the odds after 4.5B years, we succeed?

So why not, Let it all hang out, go to work, collapse the US economy, and release the kraken of free energy.

originally posted by: Insurrectile

[...]The enzyme, called Huc, proved to be “astonishingly stable” and remarkably efficient at creating “energy from thin air”, according to the researchers.

“Huc is extraordinarily efficient,” said Dr Rhys Grinter from Monash University.

“Unlike all other known enzymes and chemical catalysts, it even consumes hydrogen below atmospheric levels – as little as 0.00005 per cent of the air we breathe.”

Experiments revealed that it is possible to store purified Huc for long periods at freezing temperatures or up to 80 degrees celsius without it losing its power to generate electricity.

Early applications of the “natural battery” enzyme Huc include small air-powered devices, serving as an alternative to solar-powered devices.[...]

More good news it is then?

I dunno about you, but my head went to flying cars right away.

Just imagine Huc meeting Reddmatter in all our applications within 10 years or so? Room temp superconducting energy out of thin air... one of those inventions has enough revolutionary potential to change our world already, this is flabbergasting.

So what's the supercharged vision you're breating out of thin air reading this? I wanna know everything about it!

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   
For one if this is true, it is awesome. It sounded plausible. However we have flying cars, they're called helicopters. How many people do you trust to fly one?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Machshev
For one if this is true, it is awesome. It sounded plausible. However we have flying cars, they're called helicopters. How many people do you trust to fly one?

Flying cars for the public will never happen.
Just look at the road statistics for any state.
Thousands of accidents a year due to drugs, alcohol, bad judgement,stupidity and pure mechanical failure.
Cars falling and crashing in a heavily populated area should be the first clue.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Didn't Nikola Tesla discover this back in the 1930's ?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

[...]The enzyme, called Huc, proved to be “astonishingly stable” and remarkably efficient at creating “energy from thin air”, according to the researchers.

“Huc is extraordinarily efficient,” said Dr Rhys Grinter from Monash University.

“Unlike all other known enzymes and chemical catalysts, it even consumes hydrogen below atmospheric levels – as little as 0.00005 per cent of the air we breathe.”

Experiments revealed that it is possible to store purified Huc for long periods at freezing temperatures or up to 80 degrees celsius without it losing its power to generate electricity.

Early applications of the “natural battery” enzyme Huc include small air-powered devices, serving as an alternative to solar-powered devices.[...]

More good news it is then?

I dunno about you, but my head went to flying cars right away.

Just imagine Huc meeting Reddmatter in all our applications within 10 years or so? Room temp superconducting energy out of thin air... one of those inventions has enough revolutionary potential to change our world already, this is flabbergasting.

So what's the supercharged vision you're breating out of thin air reading this? I wanna know everything about it!

Is this how we blow the world up by accident?

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm new to posting/replying so my comment isn't directed at you other than to say thanks for this thread!

Nikola Tesla was murdered and almost all his work, stolen. If scientists are just now learning what Tesla already knew decades ago, ok. But it seems more like "they" are now "allowing" discoveries.

Thomas Edison is the reason for a LOT of the energy problems we are facing around the world today.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: purzelbaum

Hey Insurrectile..if you see this, I was replying to the thread when I wrote that comment above. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: purzelbaum

You are welcome, Purzelbaum! And welcome aboard btw.

Tesla did come up a lot, indeed. However, I wouldn't blame Edison for a more systemic problem we see in all relations of capitalist exploitation. Karl Marx strikes again...

Some more juicy details:

[...]Laboratory work performed by Kropp shows that it is possible to store purified Huc for long periods. "It is astonishingly stable. It is possible to freeze the enzyme or heat it to 80 degrees celsius, and it retains its power to generate energy," Kropp said. "This reflects that this enzyme helps bacteria to survive in the most extreme environments. "

Huc is a "natural battery" that produces a sustained electrical current from air or added hydrogen. While this research is at an early stage, the discovery of Huc has considerable potential to develop small air-powered devices, for example as an alternative to solar-powered devices.

The bacteria that produce enzymes like Huc are common and can be grown in large quantities, meaning we have access to a sustainable source of the enzyme. Dr. Grinter says that a key objective for future work is to scale up Huc production. "Once we produce Huc in sufficient quantities, the sky is quite literally the limit for using it to produce clean energy."

Newly discovered enzyme that turns air into electricity, providing a new clean source of energy

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That photo is unfortunately a double exposure so not real.

Walk through a powerstation with the electricity on and im pretty sure the electricity would jump from the transformer (which itself is the path of least resistance) on to the person.

I personally still dont think wireless power transmission through the atmosphere in the scale that tesla wanted is possible. But im not electrician or scientist and am happy to be disproven.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Nikola Tesla likely already knew about all how to make electricity ‘out of thin air’

Powers that Maybe didn't want that kind of energy.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

A flurry of articles in the MSM from 8 to 10 March. Since then, crickets.

🦗🦗🦗

Cheers
edit on 27-3-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join