It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing belief in Aliens....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'll probably get blown out of the water on this. But, after years of believing that an extraterrestrial being existed on our planet, I'm beginning to sway the other direction. I have been a member of this site since last August. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I do have a lot of interest in whether Aliens exist. However, after reading MANY posts on this site, I have an issue with the existence of Aliens.

How could it be that:

1) All the governments in all the countries of the world, who by the way can not agree on any single issue, can collectively agree to cover up (or try to cover up) the existence of Aliens to their people. (based upon many posts on this site regarding government coverups).

(and if that is not the case)

2) How did all the 'races' of Aliens (Greys, Nordics, Reptialians, Yellows, Purples and Pinks) collectively agree to only work with a few select governments to hide their existence (and I would like to know how they came to that decision), even though, as posted many times on this site that the different Alien races do not get along.

Maybe the 'waters are getting really muddy' for me, but I'm beginning to think Aliens are just an excuse for us to blame things on we really can't explain, and they don't exist at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Losing belief in Aliens....

I'll probably get blown out of the water on this. But, after years of believing that an extraterrestrial being existed on our planet, I'm beginning to sway the other direction. I have been a member of this site since last August. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I do have a lot of interest in whether Aliens exist. However, after reading MANY posts on this site, I have an issue with the existence of Aliens.

I have the same issue at times really.

How could it be that:

1) All the governments in all the countries of the world, who by the way can not agree on any single issue, can collectively agree to cover up (or try to cover up) the existence of Aliens to their people. (based upon many posts on this site regarding government coverups).

Well, governments might be told by the aliens them selfs to cover it up or else y'know...that's the general believe...

2) How did all the 'races' of Aliens (Greys, Nordics, Reptialians, Yellows, Purples and Pinks) collectively agree to only work with a few select governments to hide their existence (and I would like to know how they came to that decision), even though, as posted many times on this site that the different Alien races do not get along.

We know so little about their cultures and it's only open to speculation really, we simply do not know.

Maybe the 'waters are getting really muddy' for me, but I'm beginning to think Aliens are just an excuse for us to blame things on we really can't explain, and they don't exist at all.

Well, You might be right, we definitly can't explain UFO's, Abduction phenomena, cattle mutilations, crop circles and ancient mysteries.

However, all these seem to have a common trend of being blamed on aliens, some of these events might simply be something else, however, it's certainly plausible that aliens visit us.

and the Roswel Incident was such a blatant cover it, there is simply no logical explanation besides an alien craft having crashed there, the official reports simply don't match up!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Roswell does intrigue me, and I agree it is a blatant coverup, but after spending time on this site, I could believe that the ship that crashed at Roswell was a German craft and the U.S. Government covered it up believing that the American people would not be able to handle the thought that Germans were able to get that close to the US right after the war.

I did watch a show on the National Geographic channel last weekend. Something to do with traveling between the different galaxies. I believe they said that for 1 pound of mass, it takes 1 billion pounds of energy to move it at the speed of light. Based on that, I would think that even if we did get a visit from Aliens, it would not be very often or they would need one heck of a ship.

I would think earth would be more like a wayside with a sign that says, next way stop 176 million light years.....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Muckwa, I deeply sympathize with your position. But in the first place, you should not hold any fundamental "belief" in alien life. You have to know something is real for yourself first, before you can then start thinking and exploring its nature to learn about what it is like. If you are only just starting out on the basis of all the propaganda and gossip going around among humans ABOUT the aliens, no wonder you are fed up. Humans can talk talk talk all they like, but the only ones who really know the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the aliens, are the aliens.

Don't give up on the aliens, because I think you've probably surmised enough to know they are real, and they are real. But feel free to walk away from all the talk about them. Hold out for your own truth about them.

Originally posted by Muckwa

How could it be that:

Only the leading govts agree together to hide what they know about the aliens and what they are doing about the aliens. The smaller govts do not have much say and are beholding and controlled by the leading govts. The way the govts cover up things is by disguising the truth with lots of untruths, and threatening and discrediting anybody who knows the truth if they dare step out of line to teach others the truth. As long as people are generally unknowing, prejudiced, politically correct, fashionably dressed and socially popular, they will tend to believe whatever their appointed professionals tell them to believe, and will never trust any individual who actually claims he knows the aliens.

All of the alien races now work together and are trying to be known by the people of Earth, but it's not enough just to be known, they need to be "truly" known, and when they show themselves too much too fast all at once, what happens on Earth to information is not the truth. What actually happens is first hand sightings cause the wrong beliefs about the aliens, due to the rampant propaganda and idle gossip.

This is not a new problem. Every new world of life, like us, has to discover other life. But all the initial ideas and perceptions the new race becomes invested in are based entirely on their own way of thinking. And we humans are one of the most stubborn, self-misguided races known anywhere!

If the leaders of a world actually welcome open contact, then all the people get to start hearing the truth off the bat, and have lots of time to get used to things. But if the leaders of a world lie and hide and cheat and capitalize off of the suffering of their people and only want violent technologies from the other races, then we have a problem of hiding crimes.

The alien races are not officially welcomed here, so they have to sneak in to meet only with their own related people who are personally willing to take on the hardship, who are subsequently dangerously put in harm's way of the govts who are against the aliens. But it's the only way we can educate the masses of people about the visiting races, and about all life in the Universe, and all the possibilities available for a more peaceful, clean, healthy, better way of life for all the people on our planet.

If the waters are getting muddy for you, then you see the professional interference is working. Just think normally and naturally about other life. We are only one race of many races of people. And all of the races are only as different from each other as we are from any of them. All of the other races visiting Earth have advanced with each other's help, and so will we. We just have to get by this money, power, control, gossip, dogma, sheep thing and start learning how life is managed throughout the rest of the entire Universe, and then implement some of it for our own survival too.

[edit on 4/7/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How could it be that:

Governments and big business of this planet want to continue to exist, do they not? If the public became aware of other ways of life, better or more advanced than how we currently live, how could it be ensured that the public would not immediately throw out their old earthly vestiges of our most likely more primitive government, economic systems, religions, and products for the new ideas and technologies from beyond? Nobody who is currently in control of this planet who are part of the rich and powerful would want this situation to occur. They were and are dinosaurs and they would become extinct and they will not stand for it. Which is something all governments of the world can agree upon. The basic issue of control over the masses is the issue here.

For the most part of recorded history of this planet, primitive socities who come into contact with more advanced cultures have almost always adopted the methods of the more advanced culture through one reason or another. Though a lot of that has been through violent imperialism here. Anyway, even without violence primitive cultures have and still are disintegrating in the face of our modern earthly lifestyles. Our governments recognize this and know that history will repeat itself if and when ETs with vastly superior lifestyles become known to us and they are doing everything in their power to prevent or stall such an event from taking place.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I believe that we are not alone in the universe

However, I do believe that we are alone on this planet.

It would be nearly impossible for all the worlds governments, who disagree on so many things as you said, to keep such a info a secret.

How many other civilizations in the universe are sitting outside with their telescopes peering into the great dark sky wondering the same thing that we are?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
One should not have beliefs. One should have ideas. It's easy to change an Idea, but changing a belief, well that's a little more complicated.
Most of what you will read on the internet will be only partially true. That is because it come from people with only partial knowledge.
Some of what you read will be completely false. That is because it comes from people with absolutely no knowledge.
Until they land and introduce themselves to us, aliens will remain only a concept to be considered. No matter what others tell you.
I am 45 years old and i have never seen anything that can't be explained.
I've never seen a UFO, or ghost, or bigfoot, or aliens, or...whatever.
I don't deny the possibility of the existence of those things.
Enjoying the intelectual proposition of something existing does not constitute belief. An it rightly shouldn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Muckwa, I feel the same way. I'm 'losing faith' too. Seems like it all started with the ABC Jennings special. I knew it was totally biased, but for some reason I've just lost interest & belief since then.

Anybody else get brainwashed by the propiganda?

Maybe I just need to spend a little more time on ATS...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
EARTH SISTER, thanks, your words are very insightful.

Only the leading govts agree together to hide what they know about the aliens and what they are doing about the aliens. The smaller govts do not have much say and are beholding and controlled by the leading govts. The way the govts cover up things is by disguising the truth with lots of untruths, and threatening and discrediting anybody who knows the truth if they dare step out of line to teach others the truth. As long as people are generally unknowing, prejudiced, politically correct, fashionably dressed and socially popular, they will tend to believe whatever their appointed professionals tell them to believe, and will never trust any individual who actually claims he knows the aliens.

I can only think of Suddam Hussein, who, when he learned that the US was invading his country, couldn't he have called Bush and said, "if you don't stop, I'm going to blow the lid on the Alien visists." I can't believe every little country falls into step with the bigger governments.

Unfortunately, I believe based on beliefs and not by touching, hearing, or feeling. I have seen some things I can't explain, but no the less they are not tangible. BUT, you are right, I shouldn't get too involved in all the 'talk' as it only makes things more unclear.

Our governments recognize this and know that history will repeat itself if and when ETs with vastly superior lifestyles become known to us and they are doing everything in their power to prevent or stall such an event from taking place.

Firth, how could ET's with a vastly superior lifestyle not be able to out play our governments and make themselves known to the peope of this planet.

Thatoneguy

How many other civilizations in the universe are sitting outside with their telescopes peering into t100he great dark sky wondering the same thing that we are?

I agree with you 100%!!!!

Freddieb
I',m 48 and have on 3 different occasions in my life have seen something that would be UFO related. While I can't prove any of it, I still believe!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Firth, how could ET's with a vastly superior lifestyle not be able to out play our governments and make themselves known to the peope of this planet.

Since I am part of the unknowing earthly public and am in the dark on such a question, I cannot give you any actual reason only speculation just as I did above. My only explanation is that they are non-violent and will not try to overpower our own military power who is using force to keep them out of the public eye. This is fairly evident in that they haven't just come in and taken over the planet yet through force despite decades if not longer of UFO sightings. Also with our media outlets being government controlled, any peaceful attempts at contact through them will also never make it to the public's eyes or ears.

Its my opinion that any space faring race of beings must have eliminated from itself the desire for violence or else it would not have survived long enough to become space travelling. In the very short time of technological industrialization of this planet weapons capable of wiping out all life on earth have already been created. Technology and violence is such a lethal combination that I suspect intelligent species that reach our point either destroy themselves or remove violence from their way of life simply for survival's sake. A non-violent approach to technology probably allows for extended technological development which allows for eventual extreme long distance space travel.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Its my opinion that any space faring race of beings must have eliminated from itself the desire for violence or else it would not have survived long enough to become space travelling. In the very short time of technological industrialization of this planet weapons capable of wiping out all life on earth have already been created. Technology and violence is such a lethal combination that I suspect intelligent species that reach our point either destroy themselves or remove violence from their way of life simply for survival's sake. A non-violent approach to technology probably allows for extended technological development which allows for eventual extreme long distance space travel technological development.

Frith, point well taken!!!! thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Frith, I agree and very well said.

I will add that our visiting races cannot overly or directly interfere, or fight between our govts and people, because we are one race, a whole of humanity. And this is our own mess to deal with, the other races can only offer help and give it to the degree we accept it. Most things are accomplished through individuals who actually make the changes, most without anybody ever knowing that alien life had anything to do with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
I will add that our visiting races cannot overly or directly interfere, or fight between our govts and people, because we are one race, a whole of humanity. And this is our own mess to deal with, the other races can only offer help and give it to the degree we accept it. Most things are accomplished through individuals who actually make the changes, most without anybody ever knowing that alien life had anything to do with it.

Any examples of changes that alien life had to do with it, that you could share?????

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't believe in aliens either, but I don't actively disbelieve (i.e. dismiss) the notion that aliens have visited here. I simply find the evidence to be inadequate for belief, just like most religious beliefs.

Anyway, what's more interesting to me is all the literature on this stuff. I find things like the Lacerta Files to be fascinating. In my mind, it's modern day mythology (BTW, I speak in terms of the sociological meaning of mythology, not the ones most people are familiar with, and if you're still confused, click the link). UFOlogical mythology has replaced magic with unfamiliar technology and science. It has replaced deities with aliens. Of course, these are reasons that many also believe that religious belief is based on ancient alien encounters, but, of course, such a belief is difficult to verify due to lack of evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
All of these disbeliefs are normal as nothing here can be tangible, toucheable or even proven. It is a place were many different people seing and viewing the world through a different eye come to speak about it. Very few are ready to believe in all of this, They want to believe, Searching for truth that there is only in your heart. There are not always aliens everywhere. There is not always a conspiracy going on. This is is the hype that everyone succombs to. As you see that there are not many real unexplained stories you might see your faith going down.

But I do believe that in this post you have not really questionned yourself but more the beliefs of the people in this forum. If I where to investigate if humanity was ready for such an event as first contact. Here is where I would try to get the anwsers. So know this; As on any place on earth there is truth and there are lies. Only you can deceipher them.

Aliens exist. YES , Aliens made contact with the human race at roswell : YES
Aliens are everywhere No. But they are in our society at certain key momments. Whether you decide to believe or not is your faith. But do not confuse people trying to be interesting and people who are hungry for the truth.

If you believe in such a story then you know that at the rate this forum is growing, and the way the underground media conveys information, The truth is comming out. If the governement is hiding something, Wich I know they are (betchi) then this will not stay in any way hidden to the public for many more years. We should see that happen

As I was once told our race is being controlled by its greed, its lust, not from its love. But everything always ballances out, And the day it comes out not only evolution will it bring (probably power struggle and decades of war for power that no one really has) But you will see humanity come out of centuries of greed and manipulation and war to satisfy the powermongers.

So either you choose to believe or not. That is your heart. But do not believe because someone told you so. Know in your heart.

May the road ahead bring the truth you need

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
Frith, I agree and very well said.

Well I´d take it further, there are no "space-brothers" or "space-sisters" that will help us in the coming hard times. While there is a sort of "galactic council", they will not interfer with whats been happening and will happen.

This is set up for our benefit, so we can overcome our issues on this planet. We need to take control of ourselves, and by that I mean each individual for themselves (not easy at all). As it is now we are being controlled.

It may seem that I´m proclaiming doom, but actually, I feel hope. I feel convinced that for us to "grow" this is the way its gotta be.

My only concern is what will happen if we don´t wake up. What will happen in a longer time perspective, when this Earth/NWO starts to pose a threat to other species. There could be a chance they might be forced to attack the system thats been set up here.

Offcourse, this is what I believe.
Read up on Swerdlow, if you think it "rings" in you.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think it has less to do with all these types of alleged alien species working together with a select group of nations. We don't really 100% know about any proof of certin alleged races, except for the Grays. I'm quite convinced that the grays are a legitimate alien race we can bank on visiting this world resolutely.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It is natural that you lost your belief in the subject, because you know that you will never get what you want. You know that you are not a match for such a great issue, because you are too little for that.

Also, I believe that you have nothing good in order to recieve what you want, so how do you expect to get it? Have you done anything for it? I don't find any single reason to give you what you want, no matter how hard I try. You claim that it's yours, but it isn't. And somewhere deep inside you can feel that. It could have been yours, if you did the tiniest movement towards it. But you have done nothing good.

Anyway, if you feel that you have done something good, feel free to comment on it... perhaps my mind is not clear to remember. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How could it be that:

Good question. Would it help to know that many countries have had officials go on record as claiming that UFOs do indeed represent craft from other than an Earthly origin? Officials from Mexico, Brazil, France (see the Cometa report), etc. have claimed this...just to name a few.

Well, first off, we really don't know if there are such a multitude of races. The majority of evidence points to only the grays being involved with the government, and mostly this seems to be the US and Russian government. This would make since as these were the two major superpowers for the duration of the modern UFO phenomenon. Why go to the Mayor when you can bend the ear of the President, if you catch my drift?

We don't even KNOW that they are cooperating with the governments. It's fully possible that each want secrecy for different reasons.... Any government of course has MANY reasons they'd want to keep alien visitation under wraps....from an inability to fulfill their roles as protectors, to protecting any technology derived from such beings' crashes, etc.

Regardless of any of this, we still have a mountain of evidence pointing to such visitation, regardless of who's covering up what and why, and that evidence cannot just be ignored because we don't like the implications of it.

For me, accepting alien visitation isn't a belief, it's a logical conclusion based on evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KpxMarMoTT
But I do believe that in this post you have not really questionned yourself but more the beliefs of the people in this forum. If I where to investigate if humanity was ready for such an event as first contact. Here is where I would try to get the anwsers. So know this; As on any place on earth there is truth and there are lies. Only you can deceipher them.

Aliens exist. YES , Aliens made contact with the human race at roswell : YES
Aliens are everywhere No. But they are in our society at certain key momments. Whether you decide to believe or not is your faith. But do not confuse people trying to be interesting and people who are hungry for the truth.

Kpx,

I'm not questioning the beliefs of the people of this forum. I think it is more, how can everyones belief be correct? They can't. We actually have people in this forum who argue about whose Alien race is smarter, meaner, has better intentions, more involved in the government, has better technology, etc. None of it can be proven, we (I) just have to accept that everyone is going to have a story and I will have to wait until something proven happens.

Thanks by the way for stating 'Aliens exist' and not specifically Greys, Nordics, Reptilians, etc.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join