It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporters barred from signing copies of new book by Ron DeSantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Found this at the online news outlet Guardian:
www.theguardian.com...

I know that the Democratic Party top brass and those Republicans who muster the courage to oppose Ron DeSantis' policies have likened the way that Ron DeSantis governs Florida to dictators like Mussolini, Batista, Castro, and Hitler, saying that the educational policies engineered by DeSantis remind them of indoctrination efforts by totalitarian regimes in the educational sphere. I know that Donald Trump floated the nonsense about patriotic education in which he claimed that schools, universities, colleges, and other academia were defaming the founding fathers of the US as well as several national heroes all the while teaching schoolchildren and students that the US is evil and racist. Ron DeSantis feels he has the right to force educational institutions to shun African American studies because a number of black activists have lionized the very Fidel Castro and Che Guevara whom he knows were monsters, but the barring of several Trump supporters from a ceremony for signing copies of DeSantis' new book The Courage to be Free could be a another signal that the Trump-DeSantis alliance that in recent months has been fraying could finally be breaking down because DeSantis during his 2018 gubernatorial campaign did not resort to Trump's habit of name-calling. I'm not sure if any members of the organization Moms for Liberty were among the pro-Trump people barred from the ceremony for signing copies of DeSantis' book.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

My first reaction to this thread: As far as I know, as a sovereign citizen, I can decide to sign whatever I want to sign, and no person or so-called 'authority' can intervene in that.

This is all just useless words and gestures, IMHO. Screw anyone who tells another person what they can or cannot sign!

EDIT TO ADD:

My second reaction to this thread: in the article, they were just stopping people who were wearing " Trump " regalia at a DeSantis event. That is a bit of a difference.
Is the issue being over blown and mis interpreted?
edit on 1-3-2023 by Fowlerstoad because: .

edit on 1-3-2023 by Fowlerstoad because: ..

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Uh What?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a scripted stunt operation to make both look bad 😎

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Diabolical! Make the two biggest group of the great unwashed hate each other, and then neither gets the nomination.

This Ronna McDaniel standing off to the side with Jeb! twisting her Snudely Whiplash 'stache.

And when you take the nomination, they'll have to vote for you as the only "electable" one ....

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow that is so sanctimonious.
I don't get the in fighting.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Have they made a list yet of what African American history studies DeSantis is shunning.

Everything I saw him shunning, had nothing to do with African American history at all.

What DeSantis was shunning appears to be a a bunch of pork barrel stuff that was thrown into the studies, because they would have been severely questioned if they attempted to provide the studies under on its own merit.

The battle here is not with African Americans, it is with the LGB.......

But you will never get the truth from the media. Only what they want you to think, believe, and do.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ron DeSantis is a “tyrant”, the far-right activist Laura Loomer said, after she and other Trump supporters were barred from a book signing staged by the Florida governor.

“They told me to say anybody wearing Trump has to go right now,” a uniformed officer said in video posted online by Loomer, a failed congressional candidate, conspiracy theorist, Islamophobe and rightwing political gadfly.

“DeSantis people are in there telling me to come out to tell you guys not to be here while he’s here,” the officer said.

Loomer said: “Governor DeSantis, he always talks about how he’s in favour of free speech. So do we have a first amendment right to be here, to rally in support of President Trump?”

“Right you do,” said the officer. “But not now.”

Loomer asked: “DeSantis’s people told you that we have to leave?”

The officer said: “Yes.”

Wowzers, yeah.

Tensions are starting to run higher with Biden being so vulnerable in the upcoming presidential election.

Infighting? Well, when it comes to grabbing absolute power, there is definitely competition among peers. DeSantis is trying to build his career and Trump is trying to hang on to the absurd glory of his. There's quite an age difference here, young lion versus old lion fighting to see who leads the pride.

You can really boil down human behavior to behavior in the animal kingdom. When I say boil down, I'm not talking about the skull of that dismembered Hong Kong model, hair intact, found in the soup pot recently when they started discovering her body parts, a meat cutter, and arresting her ex husbands family. I mean it figuratively. Survival of the fittest also plays out among competitive peers who otherwise should be friends. Supposedly, this is what makes capitalism great.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This country is so full of political madness.

For any 2 or more individuals with different ideas, there is a third idiot out there that makes it their self righteous calling to inject venomous bile into things they do not understand and are really none of their business. It just has to #ing stop.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Trump supporters barred from signing copies of new book by Ron DeSantis

Looks like the GOP is tearing itself apart between the MAGA and the RINOS. MTG and Santos should be able to mend the fences with pillowman sewing up the loose ends.

“Ron DeSanctimonious”

edit on 1-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
This country is so full of political madness.

For any 2 or more individuals with different ideas, there is a third idiot out there that makes it their self righteous calling to inject venomous bile into things they do not understand and are really none of their business. It just has to #ing stop.

People have to grow and evolve politically then, see past the simple divisions. That third idiot, there's tons of those here on the forum, it's perfect that you mention that. Not sure specifically what you're talking about in particular, if it's gatherings like in the OP's article or threads on the internet.

What type of specific scenarios are you talking about with the third idiot?

But people are going to believe what they want to believe, and there's no prize for making threads except good feels when you see a bunch of people agreeing with you (as you know they would, because the vast majority of posters on the forum are in your camp already).

But this goes for liberals too on other forums, twitter threads, etc, just the same thing everywhere. This forum is a big step up from Fox news comments.
edit on CST01Wed, 01 Mar 2023 13:55:51 -060000000003b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

It is just the nature of some people to bud their noses in where they have no chips in that game, or think that more controversy will breed the chaos they like to create. The media is a prime offender, but lately they are coming out of the woodwork every time there is a controversial political viewpoint that it understood in it's principles by the masses, but they have to come in and try to cloud it up. It is noise for the sake of noise and I am fed up with it as I imagine most others are as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I doubt DeSantis himself told them to leave.
It was probably some college volunteer and he probably had no clue any of it was happening.
It may have even been the 'cop' himself.
And that was a mall guard, not a police officer. lol

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

fyi 3.3.2023

DeSantis supports this Florida bill that will require "bloggers" to register, if they want to write articles critical of state leadership, including Gov DeSantis himself.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... tate-government-officials-including-ron-desantis/

Kind of eerie, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Found this news item about a pro-Trump caravan attacking a book signing event for Ron DeSantis event on Long Island, New York:
www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: shaemac

fyi 3.3.2023

DeSantis supports this Florida bill that will require "bloggers" to register, if they want to write articles critical of state leadership, including Gov DeSantis himself.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... tate-government-officials-including-ron-desantis/

Kind of eerie, isn't it?

Wow that is a clear violation of the first amendment. They already did something like this in the UK. Criticize officials and go to jail.

This is quite counterintuitive to the fabric of American liberty.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well that settles it.

I'm voting for Biden because; Book signing.

new topics

top topics

join