It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One year in, no end it sight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon announced a new package of long-term security assistance for Ukraine on Friday, marking the first anniversary of Russia’s invasion with a $2 billion commitment to send more rounds of ammunition and a variety of small, high-tech drones into the fight.

The announcement comes just days after President Joe Biden made an unannounced visit to Kyiv and pledged America’s continuing commitment to Ukraine. Biden told President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his people that “Americans stand with you, and the world stands with you.”

In a statement Friday, the Pentagon said the aid includes weapons to counter Russia’s unmanned systems and several types of drones, including the upgraded Switchblade 600 Kamikaze drone, as well as electronic warfare detection equipment.

Link

No cooler heads to prevail.

While here at home we still have rampant inflation, environmental disasters, open borders and of course, a trail of corruption coming to and from Ukraine for over a decade. The same guy signing the checks is in the very middle of all that corruption.

What's worse? It wont matter in the near term and accentuates that there is no intention of peace but to carry on with this war and death of the plebs.

The latest aid package uses the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative to provide funding for longer-term contracts to buy weapons and equipment. Unlike the presidential drawdown authority that the Pentagon has used repeatedly over the past year to pull weapons from its own stocks and quickly ship them to Ukraine, the USAI-funded equipment could take a year or two to get to the battlefront. As a result, it will do little to help Ukraine prepare for an expected new offensive in the spring.

edit on 24-2-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I disagree , one year in and the guy who started the war is considerably weaker due to the failures of his military commanders and the rise of Yevgeny Prigozhin , China don't support his war and have published their desire for a cease fire and peace plan.

I think one year on there is an end in sight but it wont be soon , unless events take an interesting turn.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I disagree , one year in and the guy who started the war is considerably weaker due to the failures of his military commanders and the rise of Yevgeny Prigozhin , China don't support his war and have published their desire for a cease fire and peace plan.

I think one year on there is an end in sight but it wont be soon , unless events take an interesting turn.

Just curious, what sources do you use for your beliefs?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I crack up at the idea that "we" put such a numbskull in charge of our military and foreign affairs.

Ukraine just needs to give the Russian majority lands back to Russia and deal with it. I am amazed so many of us are willing to have our young men and their young men die just so Ukraine can continue to launder money to criminals of the highest order.

Sorry, I have advised both of my sons that if there is a draft I am perfectly fine with them disobeying it. This is the most ridiculous "war" I think we have seen since WW1.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

But sadly by doing this, we've only sealed our status as the world's bully. In short.. Our truck has really big tires!

WE are the evil, pressuring other countries into submission at every chance, using every dirty tick, every false flag...

I really despise what MY country has become.

"Why don't you move then!"

Because it's MY country. It's just infuriated and occupied by idiots at the moment. Unfortunately all from Russia and China. Yes, I'm referring to the current administration and the left leaning liberal agenda.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Interesting.

Because the land is still held. That being the Donbass all the way to Crimea.

Meanwhile the aid is beginning to dry.

Tell me, what does the timetable look like for a Ukraine victory?

Please, by all means.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Do I need a source for my belief , the evidence has been played out before us for the last 12 months.

Prigozhin is at war not only with Ukraine but also the Russian defence ministry , the failures of the Russian military started in the first week of the invasion.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Just here to give ya a SnF.

Tired of arguing with Russophobes.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
OhOhbutwhatabout:

China releases 12-point peace plan for Russia-Ukraine war

China's 12-point plan blames Western governments' 'Cold War mentality' for Russian invasion

The People's Republic of China has called for a cease-fire between Russia and Ukraine, releasing a 12-point "peace plan" on the one-year anniversary of the invasion.

China's position paper calls for an immediate end of violence in Ukraine and a return to dialogues with the aim of ending the conflict through diplomacy.

"All parties must stay rational and exercise restraint, avoid fanning the flames and aggravating tensions, and prevent the crisis from deteriorating further or even spiraling out of control," the peace plan states. "All parties should support Russia and Ukraine in working in the same direction and resuming direct dialogue as quickly as possible, so as to gradually deescalate the situation and ultimately reach a comprehensive ceasefire."

Is this controlled opposition or a red herring ? 🐇

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Indeed, reminiscent of arguing masks, vaccines and immigration.

Whats different is that by being the main source of all this aid, we "could" use it as leverage for peace talks, cease fires, etc etc. but na.

We're going to continue to not only keep the bodies stacked, we are supporting Ukraines govt entitlements and overhead.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

But sadly by doing this, we've only sealed our status as the world's bully.

By "we" I guess you mean America when in reality it isn't America who started the war nor is it America who are the only country standing up to the aggressor , the UK has been at the forefront of the European response.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My fear is that Putin is sandbagging and saving the 'good stuff' for last. He could be doing the same as the US; getting rid of obsolete equipment to make room for the next generation of death machines.

That, or it's a rabbit hole and he's just playing his scripted part to usher in fun times.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have to think, who in the hell gave China this kind of leverage.........?

Hint (it's the US...)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Indeed, reminiscent of arguing masks, vaccines and immigration.

Whats different is that by being the main source of all this aid, we "could" use it as leverage for peace talks, cease fires, etc etc. but na.

We're going to continue to not only keep the bodies stacked, we are supporting Ukraines govt entitlements and overhead.

Yessir.

And look at Xuen's post above, it looks like China is more interested in peace than anyone else, lmao.

Completely agree that the leverage the US has, isn't being used for peace, but to make more war, it seems.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"One year in, no end it sight"

As i said a few months ago, the two Young Global Leaders will extend this wag the dog war scenario as long as it is needed as an excuse for all the of course negative effects of the "elites" Great Reset.

Be prepared for this war show lasting until 2030!
Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Some years ago, before all the current unpleasantness began, I read a news item to the effect that the Jews had earmarked Ukraine as their backup homeland. If I had known what was coming later, I would have saved it. Now, we see the whole country being depopulated, either by emigration or genocide in the eastern regions or young women being trafficed or young men being sent to the meatgrinder. Zelensky will kill the country before he makes peace, and then he'll be off to ZOGland with his cut of all the American aid.

America, GB, the EU and NATO make up the "axis of weasel."

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

By "we" I guess you mean America when in reality it isn't America who started the war nor is it America who are the only country standing up to the aggressor , the UK has been at the forefront of the European response.

Ukraine is the aggressor. Do you even recall that Ukraine has been making war on its eastern citizens since 2014? Russia's patience ran out.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

Ukraine is the aggressor. Do you even recall that Ukraine has been making war on its eastern citizens since 2014? Russia's patience ran out.

Do you recall Russia taking Crimea from Ukraine and Russian backed troops shooting down an airliner , the problems in the East were promoted by Russia and fought by Russian backed Wagner units.

Ever heard about Russia's actions in Chechnya ? , or the false flag apartment block bombings in Russia that facilitated that war ?

Ukraine has a right to defend its territory as any country has to defend theirs.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

That is what Russian propaganda says.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just more money for the Machine.

They dont make tons of money by finishing wars, which is why they tied our hands and didnt allow us to do what we were trained to do in Iraq and Afghanistan

Putting an end to things within 6 months to a year doesnt make billions like 20yrs of conflict

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join