It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Reporting How Ukraine is Destorying Russian Books in Ukraine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But the invasion of Ukraine will indeed continue to generate a significant loss of life on both sides and quite frankly already has.

This is the part where I can sympathize with criticism of the west. I haven’t seen a valiant effort to provide an off ramp or bring people to the table.

That said, Russia at anytime could just take their ball and go home.

I’ve heard the tropes that NATO forced Russia’s hand, but they kept doubling down and gambling the house and that’s where we got to where we are.

Ukraine elected a leader who ran on getting them into the EU, and when all those efforts came to the final moment, Putin made a back room deal to have it reneged. There’s a lot of speculation on who was pulling the strings of the following disruption. But, in either case, Russia took the opportunity to solidify their Black Sea fleet in Crimea. The world did nothing but toothless sanctions. Russia could have stopped there and kept a bridge, but they wanted a land bridge too.

The largest country by land mass wanted more. The world say idly by. But again, it wasn’t enough.

And now they cry foul when lines were finally drawn and the world said enough is enough. I personally think my nation is too involved, and risks further escalation. But to say it’s not any of our business isn’t completely truthful given our obligation after the Budapest Memorandum which is younger than I am.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

"Destorying"? Books?

Ah. Did you mean to do a Roald Dahl type thread?

Probably not.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Mods will just Keyser Söze him again, i don't know why he bothers.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's not suprising. During war time, propaganda usually goes into full swing. Ukraine is removing books and Russia is trying to convince its citizens that invading Ukraine is a good thing.

www.npr.org...

I wonder what Russian citizens actually think of the war - and how affective Russian propaganda is in convincing citizens that war is needed.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think Putin and the Russian Federation is hoping that's what NATO and the West will do by way of their support to Ukraine aka take their ball and go home.

The thing is they would simply have to kick off again in Poland, so not much hope of that happening to be honest.

Putin wants to see Russia return to something reminiscent of the former USSR, and it's never going to happen never mind even be viable.

An off-ramp is exactly what is needed but that must involve Russia going back home without question, and them not getting to keep any of the disputed territories, sham referendums, or otherwise.

After all, if it was any one of our own respective nations we would not wish to give the rat bastards an inch, because you know a few summers on from now, they are simply going to try and take the mile.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
vNex92, you defend Russia so well on here and really stick it to us Westerners....
Have you ever thought of joining your bits of buddies on the front line?

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I suspect the majority of Ukrainians are simply hostages to these lunatics, who are propped up by more lunatics in the west.

I shake my head.

There never seems to be a shortage of useful idiots on this planet.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think Putin and the Russian Federation is hoping that's what NATO and the West will do by way of their support to Ukraine aka take their ball and go home.

The thing is they would simply have to kick off again in Poland, so not much hope of that happening to be honest.

Putin wants to see Russia return to something reminiscent of the former USSR, and it's never going to happen never mind even be viable.

An off-ramp is exactly what is needed but that must involve Russia going back home without question, and them not getting to keep any of the disputed territories, sham referendums, or otherwise.

After all, if it was any one of our own respective nations we would not wish to give the rat bastards an inch, because you know a few summers on from now, they are simply going to try and take the mile.

You do know that Russians are human too, right? I always find it intellectually pathetic to witness someone trying to dehumanizing their "foe". But you do you....

Russia won't go home until they accomplish what they set out to do. Which, by the sounds of it, is coming to a head sooner than later. Unless of course NATO goes full r*t@rd and decides this is where and when we all die. To me, protecting one of the most corrupt nations on earth is simply not worth nuclear holocaust. Clearly Ukraine is the cash laundromat for the west...or so it seems. Which would explain the interst is having a hand in the idiocy of arming and funding Ukraine.

Personally I don't think "Ukraine" should be allowed to exist as it did for the 30 years or so that it did....in terms of borders. I want ALL the people to remain and be free and prosperous peaceful individuals who aren't under the thumb of Russia or NATO. Wishful thinking.

Ukrainians are Russians and vice versa. They are literally of the same blood. Slightly different cultures. Almost like US and Canada or England and Scotland (over simplifications, but I think you get the point). However, they have a pretty wild, complex and long history together. The BS we see today, in my eyes, is simply remnants of WW2 where the Bandera boys are trying to revive their nazi glory days of when they joined them during Operation Barbossa. And those flames, which took longer than 1945 to die out, are simply fanned by the west now, to excite the cannon fodder. Without the west's involvement, I suspect there would have been no euromaiden and no conflict for the past 8 or 9 years. But again...a bit of an over simplification there too. History, and specifically in that part of the world, is extemely complex.

Do I support this war, or any war? Absolutely not. It was 100% avoidable. But stating that Russia should "just go home" because they are the "bad guys" is an immature and over simplified opinion of an extremely complex situation, which only muddys the waters and is ultimately extremely unhelpful in defusing an extremely dangerous scenario.

But thanks for sharing your opinion...I guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Text The largest country by land mass wanted more. The world say idly by. But again, it wasn’t enough.

I think that basically covers what happend. Russia wanted Ukraines resources and didn't like that the west had influence in Ukraine. So they invaded.

Kind of like U.S. invasion of Iraq. Resources by force!

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I suspect the majority of Ukrainians are simply hostages to these lunatics, who are propped up by more lunatics in the west.

I shake my head.

But some Ukrainians are choosing to fight. So not sure how they are hostages to the west. If anything, they want the west involved so they can recieve arms. I'm sure there are quite a few Ukrainians who just want the war to end regardless if Russia. Although, I can't speak for Ukrainians.

Ultimately it's Russia who is holding Ukrianians hostage as they ultimately decide when the war will end.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

You do know that Russians are human too, right?

I do indeed but their forces are in the wrong postcode.

If they are going to shamelessly tell porkies about mere military exercise being of no concern, and then go on to invade their neighbors, under the guise and false pretense of hunt the Nazi, then they deserve all they have coming.

Personally I don't think "Ukraine" should be allowed to exist as it did for the 30 years or so that it did....in terms of borders.

Thankfully you don't get to make that most heinous decision.

Ukrainians are Russians and vice versa. They are literally of the same blood.

The majority of Ukrainians wish to be free of Russia and her rule.

Same with the other Soviet bloc nations that chose to join NATO, why do you imagine that was again?

Because its not NATO nations they were afraid will invade but Russia.

Do I support this war, or any war? Absolutely not. It was 100% avoidable.

And yet a couple of minutes ago you were telling us all how you "don't think "Ukraine" should be allowed to exist".

How does that work?

But stating that Russia should "just go home" because they are the "bad guys" is an immature and over simplified opinion of an extremely complex situation, which only muddys the waters and is ultimately extremely unhelpful in defusing an extremely dangerous scenario.

Well, you don't deal from weakness, as Putin well knows.

Russia is the one that muddied the waters by way of its lies and illegal land grab.

They are the ones that created the extremely dangerous scenario, and also the ones threatening to introduce nukes to the equation.

Then there is the sham referendums held which logistically are a complete impossibility.

Russia doesn't deserve to gain any spoils of war out of the conflict which they started, they have already raped and pillaged the place by my guess.

But thanks for sharing your opinion...I guess.

Glad to have been of assistance.

edit on 24-2-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I shake my head.

But some Ukrainians are choosing to fight. So not sure how they are hostages to the west. If anything, they want the west involved so they can recieve arms. I'm sure there are quite a few Ukrainians who just want the war to end regardless if Russia. Although, I can't speak for Ukrainians.

Ultimately it's Russia who is holding Ukrianians hostage as they ultimately decide when the war will end.

Are they choosing to fight? I see a lot of men being dragged to the frontline literally kicking and screaming. Total population before the war was 40 million or so. Last I saw its about 20 million now. Where did they all go?

What is the average Ukrainian supposed to do? Vote the war away? Ukraine is 100% an authoritarian dictatorship now. They have banned opposition parties and there is full blown censorship of the media, with severe penalties. That's not democracy. War or not, you don't abandon the basis of your society...in an effort to "defend democracy".

Russia wanted the war to end a year ago. In fact they never wanted a war...but what choice did they west give them, or Ukraine at that? Do you see info from both sides or just one side? Seriously...there is A LOT of info to critically think about here. Simply saying Russia is an aggressor is 100% intellectual bankruptcy and dishonesty. This situation is not that cut and dry.

Let me ask you this...and to be honest, I don't have an answer either....

Why, of all the wars humans have ever fought...why does this one come across as easily, by a long shot, one of the stupidest most idiotic wars ever conceived? Why are we about to nuke the planet over....Ukraine????? A 30 year old pseudo nation.

Are the rah rah rah pro war folks just being taken for a mass psychosis ride that was started with covid? I dunno...but the extreme childish behavior and ultimately the ridiculous blood lust of the hypocrite western "elites" sure makes me wonder ...WTF is going on here!?!

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

WTF is going on here!?!

You talking pi#h and calling Ukraine a "pseudo nation" by the looks of things.

Vladimir is that you?

Ukraine officially declared itself an independent country on 24 August 1991, when the communist Supreme Soviet (parliament) of Ukraine proclaimed that Ukraine would no longer follow the laws of USSR and only the laws of the Ukrainian SSR, de facto declaring Ukraine's independence from the Soviet Union.

edit on 24-2-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wasn’t it Branden who said sending tanks to Ukraine would be the start of wwIII and then the genius sent tanks to Ukraine.

Such a subtle diplomat that US resident.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: vNex92

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

They probably have issues with being invaded and murdered and hence with Russian lies and propaganda?

No one, no nation does propaganda far better than the United States of America just like how your goverment is lying how safe the water is to drink in Ohio.

At least in the US you don’t get 10 years prison for speaking out against government propaganda… unlike in Russia.

True. You can jibber jabber like a jive turkey, no one will listen and nothing will come of it. So at this point what difference does it make?

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

At least in the US you don’t get 10 years prison for speaking out against government propaganda… unlike in Russia.

In most western countries if you speak out you will lose your jobs. At least you wont be thrown in Jail but you wont have a job.

More Russian propaganda… lol.

No it’s not homeboy. That there is true.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Russia wanted the war to end a year ago. In fact they never wanted a war...but what choice did they west give them, or Ukraine at that?

They wanted to end the war but continued sending more troops and fighting? Come on.. that makes no sense..

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Russia wanted the war to end a year ago. In fact they never wanted a war...but what choice did they west give them, or Ukraine at that?

They wanted to end the war but continued sending more troops and fighting? Come on.. that makes no sense..

Not only did Russia invade in the first place, but they’ve also even been targeting Ukraines energy grid for the purpose of freezing innocent civilians into submission… yet some are still convinced the Russians are the poor little victims in this whole ordeal.

It’s surreal how gullible people can be.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

All down to that nice Mr Trump sucking up to Putin off course. Putin had Trump in his pocket.

Not forgetting that Ukraine has to be the evil one, because of Biden's son's connection to them.

It's not rocket science mate.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Not only did Russia invade in the first place, but they’ve also even been targeting Ukraines energy grid for the purpose of freezing innocent civilians into submission… yet some are still convinced the Russians are the poor little victims in this whole ordeal.

It’s surreal how gullible people can be.

Yea I don't get it. It's one thing to critisize western countries for their involvement. It's another thing to put all the blame on the West and justify Russia's actions. Like OP and others are doing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join