It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you go about detecting an ancient, advanced civilization?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Looks like you're up to a good start with one excellent docu series, next may I suggest watch 100 more on a wide range of subjects, recommend several youtube channels, "Ancient discoveries" "UAMNTV" "Zohar stargate" + many more, some series may be more drama than reality but they give you good data.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The thing I get out of Hancock is "look". Look for yourself, academia look, stop coming with the doubting Thomas syndrome ei, "if I can't touch it, it don't exist". Not far from me are old Roman ore pits, but after just 2000 years they look like small depressions in a forest.
Why must we put our form of civilisation (technology) on ancient civilisations. There may have been civilisations wholly better than ours, without electricity, nuclear power etc. etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

If there only was an ancient organism, with vast networks expanding the entire globe, that has had and information feedback loop with humans since the beginning, and this organism would have some means to communicate with us.

It could tell us a thing or two i bet.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Like fungus?

a reply to: XipeTotex

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Dont know about communication with humans but fungus grows something called "hyphae" in long threads and forms a network called a "mycelium".

These networks can transfer water, plant nutrients, and it's even been speculated that they send information.

One of the largest organisms found on the planet, in the pacific northwest Cascadia, is a fungus known as "Armillaria solidipes" which spans 5.5km or roughly 2,384 acres.

frontenacarchbiosphere.ca...#:~:text=Surprisingly%2C%20this%20title%20is%20held,be%20over%202000%20years%20old.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Bloodlines and genetic 'memory' are extremely interesting ideas. If one is just wanting artifacts these ideas won't help, they could, but not for profit, while architecture is important I feel the language and culture evolution of these civilizations would still be here..growing and changing,

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I remember being by a campsite by a river in western Australia and noticed, that the hills were all pyramidal it did not look natural at all but like some weathered constructions. In fact, the whole outback seemed spooky. In the past, with greater rainfall, the whole lot would have been accessible by boat. The present civilization is not sustainable, but apparently, the past great civilizations were not either. Great civilizations still have to be defined As what makes them great. My one thought would be that the biosphere and the technosphere must never come in contact, as they are incompatible.We missed this one and will have to have a massive clean up.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If solid evidence was to be found I expect it would likely come from under the oceans that cover 70% of the planet.
Great OP openminded!
Sorry it devolved into a cat fight….

Sigh…

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Pollution in ice cores
Quarrying/mining
Plastic in all sediments (we'll be identifiable for the rest of eternity in the rocks)
Rapid, otherwise inexplicable, changes in climate
Rapid changes in vegetation
Sudden changes in size/appearance/distribution of domesticated animals
Sudden changes in size/appearance/distribution of domesticated plants
Sudden appearance of other animal and plant species in remote areas that should not be native to those areas (rats have spread to almost every corner of the world, for example, via ships)
Sudden disappearance of non domesticated animal species

(Sudden in geological terms)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I remember being by a campsite by a river in western Australia and noticed, that the hills were all pyramidal it did not look natural at all but like some weathered constructions. In fact, the whole outback seemed spooky.

This is another good reason to talk to any locals before just wandering off. Some sites do have some bad mojo. You might even find some ancient aliens is some parts. This does not mean they are going to play nice.

If I did find some aliens, or they found me, I hesitated before putting my motorbike helmet on, they won that one. Maybe it would of made a difference or maybe I am just trippin? Anyway, that moment I remember left me with a good vibe, some hope and some direction that we are all struggling with, aliens included.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
recent thread similar topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd recommend the book 'Timeless Earth' by an author named Kolosimo for those interested in the subject

I wonder if evidence is buried under the ice in Antarctica. there's a theory that it was Atlantis, before the ice age / continent drift / polar change

top topics

<< 1   >>

join