It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Site Can't Be Reached

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Same internet connect via Verizon through my phone.

Phone 13 is worst of all.
iPad Pro is a crap experience of refreshes and never loads.
Laptop with a soldered on HD that is too small to accept a Win10 update, works just fine.
Old Mac Mini that is so old it requires an outdated OS and modified browser to even bring Google up, works better than the laptop.

Conclusion, ATS doesn’t play nice with mobile devices. It never really did except for a few years in the sweet spot. As it never seemed to work well at all when I had an Android device. But that was back when you could only update an Android device so many times and then it was a doorstop.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Not to start suggesting conspiracy theories,
but I frequently get "Page Failed to Load" messages.
VPN to load ATS from different countries.

Likelihood of "Page Failed to Load" is proportional to current relations between vpn-country and GAE (Global American Empire). If vpn-country is vassal of GAE, then pages often fail to load. If vpn-country is RoW (Rest of World) (or being sanctioned, or being harrassed by nato, or is interested in the well-being of their citizens), then pages load just fine.

ATS is the only website where I observe this connectivity relationship.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
I guess buying a laptop from an eBay user called hunter. Biden666 may have been a mistake.....

That might be part of the problem. I don't think that one went to the repair shop. Might be a good idea to stay out of any image folders too.

I get the same site can't be reached messages every once in a while using Brave Browser on Android. Used to get the same thing using Chrome, Ad Block Browser, and Duck Duck Go browser. I've actually noticed I get the message more often when I'm on wifi compared to being on the Verizon network. I don't seem to have that same issue with any other websites I frequent.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I just got one when I clicked the "new" button up top after reading the 2nd page of this thread, lol.

The only way I can describe it is ATS is set on some kind of slow mode, it definitely doesn't have priority wherever it is hosted and if you click through it too quickly, you will get a site cant be reached message. Then, you have to wait a few seconds and hit the reload button, then it goes through.

Edit: I get it most often when I click edit right after making a reply and noticing I had a typo.
edit on CST02Sun, 12 Feb 2023 02:47:16 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Seems better now.

Not had that message today.

Just freezing occasionally.

edit on 12-2-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
The problem is this site hasn't been updated in years. Apparently the new owner agreed to let site security lapse as a condition of purchase.

Would this mean that hackers outside the site could come in and play around, like deleting threads they don't like?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
I get this message a lot. Recently the site has started freezing.

I'm on an Android phone.

Is it just me?

Help!

Yes, it happens alot to me as well, even on my data.

Confirmed

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Every device, every browser, every internet connection.

Just loading this thread, had to retry 3 times.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ATS is drifting in and out of consciousness today. Whatever fix was implemented in 2019 to stop this behavior should be implemented again. Good luck!

Fingers crossed! 🤞

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When I make a post today, the normal screen that comes up verifying the post is being applied, never goes away. The last words on that screen say, "Checking your subscribed threads...Column count doesn't match value count at row 1"...and the screen never goes away.

I can open a new tab, and see that my post was applied to ATS as intended...but the original tab still shows the "Inserting New Reply" screen. I let it stay there for 30 minutes, just to see if it would go away. It did not. Had to close that tab, and continue surfing ATS is the new tab.

First time ever seeing this type of behavior. But It's only slightly annoying, compared to the numerous episodes of not being able to reach AboveTopSecret.com at all over recent days.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
As far as I can make out from discussions, the management is making ongoing adjustments to the machinery while the machinery is running. So hiccups are appearing and disappearing.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
today i've been getting redirected to www.abovetopsecret.com... if i type in the site or click on 'myATS'... but 'top', 'new', 'recent', all work fine. weird.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sakiale
One piece of advice that we're getting is to "clear cache" when this happens. I've done it on Firefox a couple of times.

P.S. And this reply has not been added automatically to my Subscribed Threads.

edit on 4-4-2023 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
April 25, 2023

Helpful Hint to all: After composing a post, drag over it and copy it, before hitting the "Reply" button.

Because AboveTopSecret.com has been periodically drifting in and out of consciousness, your page can "time-out", causing what you composed to never be posted.

But in a minute or two when the site comes back, you can easily attempt your post again by pasting it into a new reply window, trying again.

Best of luck!

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   

and you forgot to add

once copied then paste it into 3 other threads

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

and you forgot to add

once copied then paste it into 3 other threads

Sometimes more, if there are 3, 4 or more threads on the same subject!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join