It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus to you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I don't interpret it that way. Jesus also said we all are God's children so that makes us ALL a part of God too.

Jesus says -

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

So you see where personal interpretation happens when we look at the supposed words spoken by Jesus when Jesus is referring to God, the Father.

Or is Jesus' not speaking in the third person?
edit on q00000012228America/Chicago2323America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ltrz2025

balance is key, and the path is the destination.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
All this nonsense, confusing the issue

. Jesus is God. Get over it.

You can only sat that by the spirit. Put aside your foolish speculation. Christ himself confirms it. Those who have seen the son have seen the father for I and the father are ONE.

Jesus IS GOD.

That's an extremely narrow way to see it, but must say, seems to "work" for many people. And it was highly effective in times when there was no internet. Now we have access to more information, which opens up the panorama. That's all we are doing.

But I get you. At the end of the day, most of people don't have the time or the interest to look in deep, they're too busy working, paying bills, taking the kids to school, etc. It's understandable. The Jesus path you described is probably the most condensed mix of spiritual concepts that a person in this condition could access to. Something like: "just open your mouth, eat the bread, drink the wine, and ask forgiveness for the mistakes you've made and stfu", while getting b*tchslapped by the local priest or pastor. Kind of a "Spirituality for Dummies, vol.1"...

Good if that serves you to keep on the road, Joneselius. No one, at least not me, should be against it. Keep it in your heart.
edit on 8-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"Who is Jesus to you?"

The Good Son of the God Who created creation so that it creates creativity as recreation times infinity. Seriously, in a world of endless paranormal shenanigans being ruined by not-so top-secret people who think being 100% anti-Christ is funny, people still have to ask in doubt? (I have a Puerto Rican uncle named Jesus, so...) Jesus of Nazareth, also known as the Christ is living proof of love, hope, miracles, life before life, life beyond this planet, life after life. I mean, look at the platypus and other magickal cryptids.
Historically, people tend to choose sides; and I'm just some guy, but as many times as I've gone full-court on pantheons and philosophies, I'm still leaning more towards the general Christian earthlings because, because, beee-caaauuussse... They are happier than most discerning universal design, from terrible to great, so there is a Designer. And Jesus Christ is huggable.
Blah, blah, tr3bs.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
isnt belief in jesus nercromancy ?

or am i lost ?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
All the responses and not one answer from the source himself.

Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus is "I am". The Word of God, that was in the beginning with God, before the formation of the world.

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word WAS GOD.

Ummm...

Still...that's not the question you asked...you asked what Jesus...the spiritual manifestation of..."That which was before the all and above the all"...

Precisely what you just stated...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You are so lost. I hope you find your way back.

originally posted by: zerbot565

or am i lost ?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The star of Bethlehem that the 3 wise men followed is Sirius. Sirius aligns with the three stars of the Orion belt and point to the point in the horizon where the Sun comes up on December 25th, the winter solstice, aka the rebirth (resurrection) of the Sun/Son. To see this, look in google images for: "sirius orion belt sun"....

Most theologians agree that it was highly unlikely Jesus was born in December; more likely in August or September.

[www.gotquestions.org...]

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hes the guy who died for our sins .

But he didnt stay dead so I guess hes the guy who gave up a weekend for our sins

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

The star of Bethlehem that the 3 wise men followed is Sirius. Sirius aligns with the three stars of the Orion belt and point to the point in the horizon where the Sun comes up on December 25th, the winter solstice, aka the rebirth (resurrection) of the Sun/Son. To see this, look in google images for: "sirius orion belt sun"....

Most theologians agree that it was highly unlikely Jesus was born in December; more likely in August or September.

[www.gotquestions.org...]

That is in the case that Jesus (as a person) really existed. To me, the most probable, is that he was a character constructed to tell a story, as a way to share and promote basic lessons among the common people, in times when books were only reserved for the academic elites. So, I don't take the bible as a biographical literal story. Just like, lets say Hercules, or Aladdin, or whatever hero story you find out there. They are characters constructed to promote ideas and values, of courage, love and passion. To incite inspiration.

Then, I don't like to go into the discussion if Jesus really existed as a person or not, because we cannot really confirm it, and it really leads nowhere. Whether Jesus existed or not changes nothing, we only should be looking at his teachings. And then, well, we should question if those teachings are the "real ones", or have been tampered with. But, it's a personal choice. A "What does your heart tells you?", sort of thing...

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerbot565

or am i lost ?

The ancients perceived life in cycles. Because they saw the seasons come and go. Spring would bring life and light, winter would bring death and darkness. Therefore, in their eyes, because they didn't understand the reason for the seasons, they believed that the year (the sun) died and was reborn every year (on December 25th). They also believed that we humans and the universe were connected at a very deep level, like a symphony. They saw death as the rebirth of life. So, your question is badly constructed, but it has some logic. Anyway, necromancy is a very anachronistic way to put it.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

originally posted by: YouSir
At times I have existed in faith...and knew...

At present I do not reside in faith...therefore I am unsure...

Practicing a pure existence...a compassion filled existence...where every waking moment is composed in exaltative prayer...and purity in thought and deed...is the hardest path to traverse...

If I were still walking thus...then I would not spend any time here...on this site...

It's not really about faith, it's the most logical thing in the world. The only thing you only need to "believe" in (with your mind, that is) is if your soul exists or not. But, whatever your mind tells you or doubt, deep down, you know the soul is there, because you feel it. From then on, everything else is simply (meta)physics and logic.

The soul craves for the oneness that it comes from, which is its true home. The action of the soul missing the oneness is what we call love, which is nothing but the desire of unification. But... the soul is also here to experience this dualistic rollercoaster that life on the physical universe is, with its "good" things and its "bad" things (although there is no duality to begin with). This journey is a school and also a playground, and sometimes you enjoy it, and sometimes you just want to go back home.

Ummm...that's an important aspect of the process...however...process is..."for the most part"...achieved through practice in one or more of the proven spiritual paths that humanity has developed for the express purpose of said...

There are actually no individuals that I'm aware of that have never been exposed to any of the current spiritual paths...that then assumed the requisite purity of purpose required for the soul to recognize its part in the process...

If you are aware of any...I'd like to meet them...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Your first sentence belies the fact that you have absolutely no idea who Jesus is or why He came, or why it was prophesied that He would come, or why such prophesies existed at all, or why it was the Jews who were chosen as the vehicle for those prophecies, or why the Jews even existed in the first place.

My advice would be to humble yourself & ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you - if you are humble & ask sincerely, He will reveal Himself to you very plainly, but your motivations are key. Believing that you already know the answer ensures that you won't ever know the real answer.

To answer the question in the thread title, He is my Lord & King - Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God - my Saviour, my brother & my friend.

Next...?

edit on FebruaryWednesday2302CST10America/Chicago-060007 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Strange this thread shows up this morning, last night I watched a movie about a news journalist turned preacher, named Lee Strobel who sets out to prove Jesus is a hoax when his wife becomes a Christian. He goes on to write a book called “ A case for Christ” after his research leads him to the conclusion Jesus/God can’t be debunked, after interviewing medical doctors, psychologists, etc. even one of the atheists he interviews makes the case that at least 500 people reported seeing Jesus alive after he had been crucified. It’s an interesting movie, link below.

As for myself, there’s more to Jesus then meets the eye, lol, human eyes anyway. It’s an act of Faith to believe one way or the other. I’ve always figured there’s no way to bluff God if he exists, so the agnostic path is the most truthful way I can approach it. Call it God, Source, Devine Creator, from my experience there is a Synchronicity to life that is bigger then most understand, lol including me !

From a practical perspective, the folks that seem to hate Jesus/God aren’t very nice people generally speaking, some are downright awful. My values seem to line up better with Christians, so IDK ?

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...that's an important aspect of the process...however...process is..."for the most part"...achieved through practice in one or more of the proven spiritual paths that humanity has developed for the express purpose of said...

There are actually no individuals that I'm aware of that have never been exposed to any of the current spiritual paths...that then assumed the requisite purity of purpose required for the soul to recognize its part in the process...

If you are aware of any...I'd like to meet them...

The "process", that is "the rituals and traditions", are simply there to accompany your experience along the path. If you read the Upanishads (which is probably the most developed metaphysical study that we have access to -it condenses around 5.000 years of thought from Indian spiritual masters-), they actually tell you that the "process" is completely unnecessary to reach brahman.

The connection to brahman is right there, ever-present, at your reach. The "process" is just designed to help people "walk" into the path, with music and loving - peaceful settings. They are designed to calm your mind and your environment, in order to make it easier to listen to your heart. It is the connection to the heart (not the "process") which connects you to brahman.

Then, purity is just a human construction. Someone, something, convinced you that some things are pure and other impure, but there is no such thing. That belief that you must attain something "pure" only creates anxiety in you, and makes you feel that there is something wrong with you that you need to fix, or you need to escape. That's the A-brahman-ic, western, way of seeing it. This is why the people from the East always hgate reading what the westerns end up believing about their philosophies. So, no brother, everything is where it is supposed to be and doing what it supposed to be doing. Otherwise the universe would collapse.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sorry for this post. I tried to edit the previous one and accidentally clicked in "reply". It seems like you cannot delete posts. New here.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I'm pretty sure I met Yeshua in Rome. Poor fellow, totally stuck and suffering.
To me it's more of a cautionary tale what not to do, when dealing with the supernatural.
I don't want to die like that, only to be completely reinvented by my enemies (SPQR) who use me as vehicle of their power, to create the first spy network in European history.
And now a lot of those who call themselves Christians would be just bizarre in J.C.'s eyes I'm sure. For one he was decidedly Jewish. Proud and observing, even a little stricter but also a little more creative than the norm of his collective but still a great magician.
Naturally there is a prize to pay.
He has to watch now how he who went by the name 'Yahweh Is Salvation' is put inbetween God and the people. There are some who can't imagine a God without putting a /Jesus behind it.
That's very sad. Because I mean lesson 1 with Moses and the golden cow was if anything also a cautionary tale about the jealousy of the one true God.
Same God. Jesus = human ie different than God.
So Yeshua had his downfall, where he failed, right there in his name.
An ironic almost poetic truth nobody ever talks about.

edit on 8-2-2023 by Peeple because: that was a great mistake

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Jesus is a figment of your imagination.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Jesus, if he existed, could not have been a "jew". First, his entire teachings and even concepts as the "messiah" contradicts much of the "jewish" cosmovision.

Uncomfortable truth: There was no such thing as Jewish people 2.000 years ago. If you look at the archeological remains of the oldest "synagogues" (which is a Greek word, which already tells you that apparently these "jews" didn't have a name for their holy temples), you won't find any "hebrew" language there, all you can see carved around is written in Greek and there are zodiacal wheels all over the place.

The written language that some "scholars" call "paleo-Hebrew", is no such thing. It's Phoenician alphabet, the written language of the Canaanites. Just google it and you'll see. Why this "language" is assigned by the media to the "Hebrews" when it is clearly Phoenician in origin and dates back several millennia before any potential "Hebrew" would have existed... is up to you to figure out. The Hebrew language as we know it, appeared, mysteriously, during the middle ages. Far far after the Jerusalem siege... strange, isn't it?...

The people living in Canaan 2.000 years ago were Hellenistic Canaanites, worshiping different deities from the pantheon of EL-ohim, the Phoenician godhead. Yahweh, who was one of the many children of EL, ended up condensing the beliefs of many other deities, including Baal, Set, Sin, Iah, Marduk, Moloch, Enlil. Just as these other deities, Yahweh clearly had a wife, Asherah. This is why in the Old Testament, Yahweh himself asks for human sacrifices in his name (which was very common among Canaanite deities) but people, somehow, always miss that part of the bible...

Exodus 13:12-13

12 that you shall give over to the Lord whatever opens the womb, and every miscarriage that opens the womb of an animal which will be yours, the males belong to the Lord. 13 And every firstborn donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, and if you do not redeem, you shall decapitate it, and every firstborn of man among your sons, you shall redeem.

I don't see Jesus supporting child sacrifice....

And please, avoid accusing me of anti anything, half of my blood is from what you would call "jewish" origin and have hate against no other human. But facts are facts. And propaganda is propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join