It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Appart from the historical figure I can't comment on for lack of 1st hand experience, I think it's a rather comon archetypal....

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
A popular Jewish radical, said to be the son of a carpenter from out of town, who got into trouble with the authorities in Jerusalem, was tortured and then executed. He had a reputation as a miracle-worker and did not deny the claims of divinity that some of his followers made on his behalf.

This led to the formation of a posthumous cult around his reported words and deeds and his gory death. The cult eventually grew to become the state religion of the Roman Empire and, after that empire fell, became one of the principal drivers of the rise of Western civilization. It is today the most popular religion in the world, though it is divided up into a multitude of sects that have often been at war with one another.

Have I left anything out?

That would be the CNN version of the accounts.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
With all the discussion here about Jesus (Yeshuah) It makes me ponder why the world system makes such a fuss over everything concerning this man. Think about what I am saying here.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
With all the discussion here about Jesus (Yeshuah) It makes me ponder why the world system makes such a fuss over everything concerning this man. Think about what I am saying here.

Because the true path to spirituality is dangerous for the status quo. It's a "tool" that, correctly used, can free humans from their slavery. That's why the favourite sport of all organized religion has been going into crusades and jihads, permanent war. On one side, the spiritual teachers tells you "do not kill", next day your priest/rabbi is ordering you to go and kill some dirty apostates or heretics... like Biden telling you "build back better", while he destroys everything in his way...

And I'm not saying that Jesus is the ONLY path towards real spirituality, but I think it can be a good one, if understood correctly, and separating him from the rest of the biblical brainwashing propaganda. The fight over "Jesus", is the fight over who controls the narrative. Who appropriates the symbol Jesus and uses "him" to push their political agendas. The same as with Mohammed, or with Moses, etc. The US presidents do it all the time, specially when they quote Lincoln, you know that they are about to fck things up.

edit on 8-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I was speaking move about how Jesus and christianity has been portrayed in the media but You also make some valid points. a reply to: ltrz2025

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Just remember that the media is the propaganda tool of the powers that be. They will never give you the truth, their objective is to bury it as deep as possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Was it pope pious (?) who spouted about the profitable myth of Jesus? I like Itrz2025’s musings and feel it’s definitely a reiteration of something learnt from the Jewish captivity.

When the brightest young men were sent to the best schools to be educated and therefore more likely to assimilate into Babylonian culture.

a reply to: bluemooone2

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
When trying to make sense of all the madness going on these days, Religion is one flavor in this chaotic soup.

With the people that say Jesus died for our sins, like WTF? Jesus did not die so I could steal a candy bar or do many of the messed up stupid stuff I done growing up. He died because he pissed off the money changers at that time and did not have an army to back up his new way. I have spent many hours as a kid looking at that man nailed to a cross. The message it sends is don't screw up.

I do see Jesus as a great healer with the testimony of the chapters that have gone public. As for why some healer 2K years ago would talk about the revelations of today comes across as a self fulfilling disinfo campaign by those controlling the publication of the bible. I know I would not be here today if it was not for the work done by the Vatican. When looking into the history of the Vatican, it was the first one to use the corporation as a legal instrument to limit legal liability for those that raped, pillaged and plundered the good word of the Lord around the globe. When dealing with the barbarians of back then, maybe it was not all bad?

When trying to find just what exactly is Jesus all about, two rules surface, love life and love your neighbor. It's not always easy to find this place with what the world does throw at us at times.

I see it more that Jesus lived to give us direction and hope. Despite how bad, twisted and wicked this world can get at times, it is not always like this with a small percentage giving the rest a bad name. As long as most of us try to do the right thing as best we can things will continue to rock and roll in some way. As we are all children of god.

If there is some kind of everlasting life, then I see it with my deceased ancestors that helped build the world we have today.

Anyway, this is my brief current take on the Jesus thing. So what is yours?

Pride of intellect showing, I pray for you

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Everything to me. New days, nights, trials, troubles and blessings....
"Thank you, Jesus..for Today. That I may help someone along the way. To give Praise and Glory to His name". Amen.*

With Heart, believe in whomever you personally believe in as your Guide or Savior. It's all ok. God knows our hearts.

God bless, Jesus Saves.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lowballer

I don't see it as pride of intellect because while we are given intellect we still seek answers and we are reminded in scripture that we are defective and have no equal power to God, so therein lies the humility.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
With Heart, believe in whomever you personally believe in as your Guide or Savior. It's all ok. God knows our hearts.

Indeed, all the paths that lead to the heart are the correct paths.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ltrz2025

A child of the 60's, we hippies learned early there are a lot of religions and different "gods" people believe in. And those people can be just as adamant theirs is "the way".

Realizing that Gods Mansion has many rooms, and there is/are more than one path....my Catholic-Methodist-Gnosticism.....only brought me personally, closer to my Savior.

God knows our hearts......

God bless

edit on 02233928America/ChicagoWed, 08 Feb 2023 08:39:39 -060039202300000039 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ummm...that dude there...in the book...you know the one...

"Split a piece of wood and I am there. Lift a stone and you will find me."

Oh...wait...that's not in..."the book"...that's in that other book...

From..."The Gospel according to Thomas"...

Still...that's not the question you asked...you asked what Jesus...the spiritual manifestation of..."That which was before the all and above the all"...who was borne and birthed by a lactating...territorial...mammalian...predatory...animal...is to me...on a personal level...

My honest answer is...I'm not quite sure...

If I have belief...then I have doubt...for I believe a thing to be true...but am unsure...

If I have faith...then I have Gnosis...knowledge not gained by thought...or study...or contemplation...an innate knowledge coded into the soul...unlocked by the Holy Spirit...

At times I have existed in faith...and knew...

At present I do not reside in faith...therefore I am unsure...

Practicing a pure existence...a compassion filled existence...where every waking moment is composed in exaltative prayer...and purity in thought and deed...is the hardest path to traverse...

If I were still walking thus...then I would not spend any time here...on this site...

Perhaps I'll reach such a state again...perhaps I might find faith again...after all...it's only a matter of choice...then I could answer your question...and give it the honest consideration it deserves...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: ltrz2025

A child of the 60's, we hippies learned early there are a lot of religions and different "gods" people believe in. And those people can be just as adamant theirs is "the way".

Realizing that Gods Mansion has many rooms, and there is/are more than one path....my Catholic-Methodist-Gnosticism.....only brought me personally, closer to my Savior.

God knows our hearts......

God bless

Indeed, God's Mansion has infinite rooms and paths, and they all lead to the same place. The only true choice we have to make is if we follow the path in, or if we stay in a corner sucking our finger.

Regarding the hippies... there is a reason why the US government and Hollywood proposedly distorted the image of the hippies to discredit them, trying to make them look as these dirty drug addicts who were just trying to get into everyone's panties. Probably, the hippie movement (with all its different layers, of course) was one of the most genuine movements that the US gave to the world. Good to see that it still survives in some.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Ummm...because the world looks at the example of Christ...and finds that..."And few there be that find it"...and that "Pick up your cross and follow me"...was not just an exaltation on leaving behind the material gains of this world...but of leaving behind those inner practices which befitted existence in that physical world...

These are the bramble filled paths that few ever do honestly tread...because it's an almost impossible and hard road...

Rejection of the path of most resistance...for the path of least resistance...

That's why there's so much fuss and rejection...humanity is too busy being...human...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
At times I have existed in faith...and knew...

At present I do not reside in faith...therefore I am unsure...

Practicing a pure existence...a compassion filled existence...where every waking moment is composed in exaltative prayer...and purity in thought and deed...is the hardest path to traverse...

If I were still walking thus...then I would not spend any time here...on this site...

It's not really about faith, it's the most logical thing in the world. The only thing you only need to "believe" in (with your mind, that is) is if your soul exists or not. But, whatever your mind tells you or doubt, deep down, you know the soul is there, because you feel it. From then on, everything else is simply (meta)physics and logic.

The soul craves for the oneness that it comes from, which is its true home. The action of the soul missing the oneness is what we call love, which is nothing but the desire of unification. But... the soul is also here to experience this dualistic rollercoaster that life on the physical universe is, with its "good" things and its "bad" things (although there is no duality to begin with). This journey is a school and also a playground, and sometimes you enjoy it, and sometimes you just want to go back home.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Personally?
I see Jesus, along with Budda, Mohommed, and probably others, that I can think of right now, as a man.

A great man, with great ideas for how we should live and treat each other, (that we have managed to misinterpret, and skew) but all just great men.

We just took their teachings, (mostly Jesus & Mohommed) too far, too extreme, as we always do. (As a whole, humans)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
All the responses and not one answer from the source himself.

Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus is "I am". The Word of God, that was in the beginning with God, before the formation of the world.

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word WAS GOD.

How can you not grasp this?

Your sins are forgiven, take up thy bed and walk...

All this nonsense, confusing the issue

. Jesus is God. Get over it.

You can only sat that by the spirit. Put aside your foolish speculation. Christ himself confirms it. Those who have seen the son have seen the father for I and the father are ONE.

Jesus IS GOD.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

im still having a hard time understanding how many jesuses there is in the bible and whos the real one ...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join