It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pair Is Charged With Plotting to ‘Destroy Baltimore’ by Attacking Electrical Grid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Pair Charged

WASHINGTON — Federal law enforcement officials have arrested two people accused of conspiring to “completely destroy Baltimore” in what they described on Monday as a racist plot to demolish the power grid in a predominantly Black city.

Sarah Clendaniel, 27, of Catonsville, Md., and Brandon Russell, 34, of Orlando, Fla., planned to inflict “maximum harm” by targeting five facilities operated by Baltimore Gas and Electric, which serves 1.2 million customers in central Maryland, according to a complaint filed in federal court.

I was riding the bus home today when the news came over the radio about this incident, I was surprised to not see it here on site, so I thought I'd bring it to ya'll's attention for consideration and commentary.

Troubling times we're in, but at least this attempt was stopped before it began.

Still no word on what prompted the previous attacks on power substations last year, or who was behind them.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I say this all the time, but racists are stupid.

Racism is stupid. It's only propagated by stupid people.

CRT, BLM, now these brain-damaged flesh-bags.

*shakes head*

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Could be another "motivated" timed-release prosecution using standard setup with disposable identities. 😎

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

In December, Mr. Russell used encrypted messaging apps to detail his long-term plans to attack the electrical grid, telling a confidential F.B.I. informant that he had recruited Ms. Clendaniel — who had served three years for robbing a convenience store with a butcher’s knife — as a possible accomplice.

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

In December, Mr. Russell used encrypted messaging apps to detail his long-term plans to attack the electrical grid, telling a confidential F.B.I. informant that he had recruited Ms. Clendaniel — who had served three years for robbing a convenience store with a butcher’s knife — as a possible accomplice.

Interesting.

Fishy-interesting.

We go from encrypted msg apps to convenience store robbers.

My Troggy senses are tingling...or maybe it's the vodka...but somethings up...

edit on 2/6/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Interesting.

Fishy-interesting.

Ground-hog day interesting!

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Seems fake. Like another false flag.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I say this all the time, but racists are stupid.

Racism is stupid. It's only propagated by stupid people.

…….

*shakes head*

I agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Interesting.

To be fair, just saying "I wish someone would just cut the power to" whatever area this happens to be is considered long term plans made over an encrypted messaging platform.
I they specified apps, so maybe they mean Facebook... But encryption is everywhere, it's hard these days to communicate without it

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Interesting.

To be fair, just saying "I wish someone would just cut the power to" whatever area this happens to be is considered long term plans made over an encrypted messaging platform.
I they specified apps, so maybe they mean Facebook... But encryption is everywhere, it's hard these days to communicate without it

Yep, encryption is everywhere, but TRUE encryption is nowhere.

We had it on BlackBerry™ until they outlawed it.

Hardware encryption or nothing.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Back in the 70's and 80's I would visit relatives in Baltimore periodically. I could see Baltimore on its way to becoming the next Detroit.

Plotting to "destroy Baltimore" is like planning to vandalize a car in a junkyard. Not much you can do that Nature hasn't done or will do. Best you can do is one or two swings with a sledgehammer, then the junkyard dogs come for you. Not a great idea.

When law enforcement investigates crimes, they can get warrants for DNA, fingerprints, cell phone data, etc. I'd like to see a law where the defendant is required to take an IQ test and it be made public. I want to know if I can't understand their reasoning is because they are idiots, or geniuses. Or maybe they are average, and I'm too far on one end of the spectrum. That's a terrible thought.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Is one of them the person who planted the bombs at the RNC and DNC before 1/6?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Interesting.

We went through a similar thing in the States with software that was called PGP.

The Feds got all over the guy who developed it until he gave them a backdoor to spy on what people were encrypting.

If you want something secure for communicating with someone, look into one-time codes. Awkward but effective.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Interesting.

We went through a similar thing in the States with software that was called PGP.

The Feds got all over the guy who developed it until he gave them a backdoor to spy on what people were encrypting.

If you want something secure for communicating with someone, look into one-time codes. Awkward but effective.

Cheers

We had PGP here too. It was only "pretty good" after all, lol.

One time, dynamic can't be beat.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
Deep State in US is getting desperate.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I remember when I was a kid playing with Legos, GI Joes, GoBots, etc. we usually built a HQ or base first, complete with booby traps, stationary guns and guards.

Our training is complete, we need to keep in mind that places like water electricity and gas need to be manned and defended now.

Crazy world, no excuses for getting caught blind when infrastructure is attacked

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've posted this in other threads, but last July I believe, there was a pdf playbook for white supremacists to target electrical grids to cause mayhem and potentially ignite a race war making its way through the internet. There were also people arrested in I believe January of 22 plotting this same thing. The feds are aware of this playbook. And again any subversive group should be aware there are both feds and snitches within their groups.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
I've posted this in other threads, but last July I believe, there was a pdf playbook for white supremacists to target electrical grids to cause mayhem and potentially ignite a race war making its way through the internet. There were also people arrested in I believe January of 22 plotting this same thing. The feds are aware of this playbook. And again any subversive group should be aware there are both feds and snitches within their groups.

Oh neat. How 'bout a copy?

Maybe we can trace the REAL publishers eh? Guess who that might be 😎

COINTELPRO is alive 😎

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

There is. It is about trying to create chaos..etc...etc...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hey, it was just a Homeland Security report from last year I stumbled upon. Take from it what you will. Some more idiots I guess convinced to commit crimes from the feds. Sure seems to be a lot of dummies out there I guess then.

Here's some info about some of the previous criminals.

DOJ

Playbook info.
DHS
edit on 7-2-2023 by frogs453 because: Added links

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join