It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird stories from my mom becomming a reality for us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've been in countries where people haul little wagons around and collect all the scrap metal they can find. Always older guys who are incredibly thin. Sad thing is how little they make from that activity ... but they still do it. -That- speaks volumes.

Cheers

We used to do this when we were little kids. Go to bar parking lots as that was like a gold mine if you could get there first in the morning. We were poor so we did what we could for a penny/buck.

edit on 6-2-2023 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: RonnieJersey

I was a buyer for a while because I was known to have very high end taste (even though I was dirt poor at the time)

Rich people like what most consider ugly colors. Poor people like flashy colors, middle class like safe colors.

Doesn't matter if one is rich or poor, taste is something you either have, or you don't.
I wait for Patricia Nash to have a sale on her leather handbags, and always get the one I want at a great price, same with Bembien, Isaac Mizrahi, all the great designers. I notice they do not make flashy things, just quality.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Love love love Patricia Nash, but every time I get one of her purses my daughters have their eyeballs on it and of course I give it to them. That is how I am, if my kids like something I will give it to them without hesitation. They take good care of things so I don’t mind.

I will say those leather purses are STIFF as can be.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I’m very sorry to hear that you experienced abuse. I just want you to know that you’re valued and appreciated.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
We used to do this when we were little kids. Go to bar parking lots as that was like a gold mine if you could get there first in the morning. We were poor so we did what we could for a penny/buck.

As kids growing up back in the 1960s, we used to collect pop bottles for the deposit you could get by returing them. I remember having dreams at that age where I would find bunches of pop bottles and get so many nickles my pockets leaked. Sadly, it was always just a dream.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The yolks seem too dry in hard boiled eggs. Lots of salt and pepper makes them taste good. The salt makes your saliva be excreted to moisten the dryness so they slide down better...salt draws fluids out...including fluids from the saliva glands being it has a osmolyte like effect. I initially said osmotic agent, but I guess that was the wrong word, if you salt something it draws water out of cells.

edit on 6-2-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Love love love Patricia Nash, but every time I get one of her purses my daughters have their eyeballs on it and of course I give it to them. That is how I am, if my kids like something I will give it to them without hesitation. They take good care of things so I don’t mind.

I will say those leather purses are STIFF as can be.

Did you see her 'Notley Petals'? Leather rose petals all over the top of the bag, soft as butter, really a beauty!

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When I was very very young, my dad, a religious man who ended up being a pastor, told me stories about the end times and that one day we would all get a mark on us that would allow us to buy things and survive in the world. And without that mark, we would be SOL (of course, worded differently).

He told me these stories in the 70s (yes, Im a GenXer). I believe he was telling me stories from the Bible and then expanding on them with his own thoughts and theories.

I never thought much about it as a kid. Nor in my teen years. Nor most of my adult life. Until recent years. Especially very recently, with people voluntarily putting chips in their hands/arms in order to buy things. Actually watching people do this and *BAM* I was transported back to be that little kid and my dad telling me these stories.

....wish I could remember what else he warned me about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join