It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Negative Space' as a Concept Explaining Flat Earth Truth & NASA Misdirection..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I saw a video on TikTok yesterday. Some Flat Earthers decided fire a rocket some 250K feet with a go pro on it. To prove that the Earth was flat. Plot twist. They proved it was not flat.

Oops.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Can any of the flat earth believers give the flat earth theory behind gravitational time dilation?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Take two sticks and an assistant with you to farm country.

Jam one stick in a field.

Drive a few miles, jam the other stick into a field. making sure it's above ground the same distance as the first stick.

At the same time of day, both you nd your assistant will measure the shadows derived from those sticks.

Your measurements will be different.

Those different measurements prove that the earth isn't flat.

Your Welcome.

------------------

Flat earth makes a great debate topic if you're on the flat earth side of the debate, you'll have to learn to baffle with BS, great skill honer. That's why it was created as a debate topic for the debate team of a university originally (I can't remember the whole story).

SnF just for making people think.

edit on 2/6/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I’ve been looking into it for seven years now and came to the conclusion that we are not on a globe and not rotating.
There’s so many videos out there that point to the earth being a plane and that the sun, moon and stars are closer and smaller, rotating above us.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: offensive

Do you have said telescope?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Similar to take a picture pf the Grand Canyon from its depths and take a picture of a moon crater from its or let's say Earth. reply to: MykeNukem

edit on 6-2-2023 by TINCOAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And the sky screaming so what...a reply to: lambros56

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Drive a few miles, jam the other stick into a field. making sure it's above ground the same distance as the first stick.

At the same time of day, both you nd your assistant will measure the shadows derived from those sticks.

Your Welcome.

------------------

Flat earth makes a great debate topic if you're on the flat earth side of the debate, you'll have to learn to baffle with BS, great skill honer. That's why it was created as a debate topic for the debate team of a university originally (I can't remember the whole story).

That same experiment can be done using a model of a much smaller sun, and having it much closer to the earth. In this case, the shadows would appear the same as in your globe earth model.
So - IF the sun were much smaller and much closer, then this experiment would also work on a 'flat' earth.

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think the waters above are an attempt to explain where rain comes from.

a reply to: cooperton

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Can any of the flat earth believers give the flat earth theory behind gravitational time dilation?

Can you? Give any theory behind gravitational time dilation?
edit on 6-2-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
I’m still waiting for an explanation on how an eclipse occurs on the flat earth. Most flerths I’ve asked get immediately defensive.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Technically it's a short story. Clarke's "The Sentinel' was the work used as the basis for the film. The subsequent novel was co-written with Kubrick as part of the film's production.
edit on 7/2/2023 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: Lack of coffee confusion

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   
That doesn’t necessarily mean the earth is round, what if the sun is not what we are lead to believe it is?
Just saying. It only confirms the shape of the earth if our presumptions about the sun are correct.

a reply to: MykeNukem

I see Emanuel has posited a similar argument.
edit on 7-2-2023 by Dalamax because: acknowledgment

edit on 7-2-2023 by Dalamax because: Editing

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

originally posted by: and14263

Can you? Give any theory behind gravitational time dilation?

The theory is that massive objects distort space time... Space and time being interlinked and not separate entities.

The distortion results in the invisible force of gravity.

Just as the invisible force of gravity can be measured well enough to support the theory (albeit not accurately due to massive objects being all around us), the effect on time can also be measured.

Atomic clocks are used. These experiments show that time goes faster the further away from the massive object the observer is. Link to famous experiment.

GPS satellites account for the effect of gravitational time dilation by adjusting for a dilation effect of 0.00006 seconds.

Of course, as with most science of this nature, it is just a theory. But it is a theory that is used to implement accurate GPS and supported by experiments.

What is the flat earth theory on gravitational time dilation?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss
I think it’s more realistic to think that the theory of a closer, smaller sun and moon that are the same size cross paths in our sky creating eclipses.
It makes more sense to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Your Welcome.

------------------

That same experiment can be done using a model of a much smaller sun, and having it much closer to the earth. In this case, the shadows would appear the same as in your globe earth model.
So - IF the sun were much smaller and much closer, then this experiment would also work on a 'flat' earth.

You're welcome.

But then the directionality of the shadows is different, which would immediately tip us off, and prove the earth was flat.

That isn't what happens in our real-world experiment though.

You're welcome, again.

I didn't post what I posted to debate.

I believe the earth is roughly a sphere.

If you don't, all good, you do you.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
no really, chime in @FlyinTheOintment lol
What was your quest-ion?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
I think the waters above are an attempt to explain where rain comes from.

a reply to: cooperton

The clouds are within the expanse, below the waters above. I believe the waters above are a plasma field of water (scientifically accepted as the ionosphere), which contribute to the homeostasis of the clouds. There's already a proven connection between the ionosphere and the formation of tropical storms

www.sciencedirect.com...

"The paper discusses the issues of the disturbances allocations in the ionosphere that are associated with large atmospheric events"

These were also the waters that contributed to the global flood, as well as water from vents connected to the depths of the earth

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

The clouds are within the expanse, below the waters above. I believe the waters above are a plasma field of water (scientifically accepted as the ionosphere), which contribute to the homeostasis of the clouds.

And there is no proof of your “plasma cloud” in the way you need it to be. Not in visual observations. Not the way geosynchronous satellites can receive and broadcast from 22,000 miles above the earth. Or the way GPS satellites work.
edit on 7-2-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The one thing that really piques my interest at the moment is that if we go by the model they tell us it is, how come when we look at buildings from a very very far distance, they don't look to be leaning away but rather still look like they are standing straight up? one would think the further away it gets, the more noticeable the lean woould be. anyone got any ideas why? trick of the eye? physics of light? earth is flat? i honestly don't know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join