It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Botox is Being Encouraged so much

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just a little rabbit hole.
I heard a weird theory on Botox and plastic facial surgery.

According to face reading, your face is a map to your life, your energy and your power, and your future, your fate!
Certain feature mean certain things.

For example, growing up in an Asian household, we believed big meaty noses = Wealth. (Especially male)
The bigger the nose the better. Noses = wealth, and knowledge…..

Notice what a lot of people are always getting “fixed” noses.
Essentially chopping off their wealth and power and knowledge.

Another popular thing is to have botox put in areas that are created by smiling. Scientist are now discovering that people may not feel or their brain may not calculate that emotion as well when the muscles aren’t activated.

So in essence getting rid of all that is good in favor of a frozen face with a small nose…

Dae

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Just a little rabbit hole

There are so many little rabbit holes! Its a wonder how we all get through the bloody day! I think these little ones are the most successful types as they layer on top of each other and become a web of chains stopping you to becoming successful/content/productive/kind etc.

Makes me think about lead pipes and aggression and how it was taught to me that this was just human error, like mercury poisoning discovery after using it to line some hats. But check this study out "Is There a Relationship between Lead Exposure and Aggressive Behavior in Shooters?"

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This study has shown that blood lead levels ≥ 5 µg/dL and aggression scores are significantly higher in study participants who used shooting ranges compared to those using archery ranges. Frequency of use of shooting ranges was significantly associated with higher blood lead levels as well as aggression scores in shooters. Multiple studies have shown an association between shooting and high blood lead levels [3,5,36,37]. Erle et al. (2017) conducted a study assessing aggression in target shooters at shooting clubs compared to basketball players [38]. The study showed that target shooters self-reported more aggression and this increased over time compared to basketball players. Target shooters also had greater aggressiveness and more negative thoughts that occurred after target shooting [38]. A meta-analytic review assessing the effects of weapons on aggressiveness concluded that exposure to weapons such as guns increases aggressive thought, hostility, and aggression [39].

(bold mine) makes you think! I also remember a study done in a few UK prisons. They took away all sugary food and drinks and replaced with water and well balanced meals, and aggression went down by a significant percentage (something big like 30%). The stopped the study and aggression went back to normal and the Government said they would look into it. ho hum!

I do like uncovering the smaller rabbit holes as they can be more manageable, like as simple as don't do Botox or screen as much adverts as humanly possible from your life (my personal fave!).

I like this OP, has an ole ATS vibe to it

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Because ageing is considered a disease and people feel they need to cover it up in case the young are infected!

That’s actually mostly true not just sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Because ageing is considered a disease and people feel they need to cover it up in case the young are infected!

That’s actually mostly true not just sarcasm.

So true.
But some of us know that "Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many." .
Mark Twain .
edit on 1/29/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Is that the lip injection stuff? Who in the world thinks injecting that pus into your lips makes you more attractive. Talk to MANY a person about this and everyone agrees, you look diseased with fake lips like that. It’s grotesque and disgusting not to mention the insane ego it takes to have the desire to do that to yourself just to think you look younger. Also, many people have facial pain after that. Hey ladies, you can’t beat aging, and that # makes you look like an egomaniac and a diseased wacko

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Essentially chopping off their wealth and power and knowledge.

The definition of unnecessary medical procedures.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If I ever got Botox, it would be to have them drop it down on trigger points to prevent migraine. In my case, most of it would be along my neck and base of my skull where the main trigger points for my migraines are.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Have you tried a daith piercing to relieve your migraines?

My friend suffered for years and tried everything and the doctor eventually suggested a daith piercing.......she had it done and she never gets migraines now.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Talking by experience, yes I have used botox and many other facial anti-aging enhancements, yep they work darn they work, but one of the things about botox is that if you are a latina like me, we do a lot of facial expressions you can imagine, I always end up with the headaches, plus the numbness of the botox do not last more than a month and half for me.

Yep is a waste of money if you are a person that love to do facial expressions all the time.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I honestly haven't done Botox because I have issues with the idea of needles from *that* let alone the idea of the kind of spear needed to pierce my cartilage. Not to mention the jury is out on how effective they actually are.

I have a fairly stable existence where I am at. I still get migraines, but they are much less frequent and controllable now. I can tolerate them and keep going when I need to.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Botox prevents micro expressions. Which is an integral part of human connection and communication. I can usually tell if someone uses botox without a minute or two after meeting them.

Disconnected is the best way to put it.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If I ever got Botox, it would be to have them drop it down on trigger points to prevent migraine. In my case, most of it would be along my neck and base of my skull where the main trigger points for my migraines are.

Long time migraine suffer here.

Two things you may want to look into

Magnesium Oxide & B6

And, this one is going to sound weird, but HRT.. especially progesterone
it has eliminated migraines for a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Botox prevents micro expressions. Which is an integral part of human connection and communication. I can usually tell if someone uses botox without a minute or two after meeting them.

Disconnected is the best way to put it.

I will never get it & I have friends that are providers that specialize in it.
I’ve seen what happens.
You look good and “freshened” up at first. Then with continued use it goes straight downhill.
Your skin becomes like a balloon, needing more and more each time. Each time making you actually look older!
Muscles atrophy and cause other weird deformities, thus needing more and more.
The human face has those muscles for a reason. Then the “look” happens…..Cat face!

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I disagree with your first part. it never looks good, it always looks fake and desperate. please show me a before and after where botox made an improvement in anyones face

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have had Botox just in my forehead area. because I have really bad wrinkles between my eyebrows, and they make me look angry no matter how I feel...

At some point I read an article about that connection between 'emotion' and facial muscles that you describe, so the next time I got the Botox, I made a mental note to notice whether I 'felt' any different -

- and I can report that it is true! I definitely got less irritated/angry about things when my muscles couldn't make the 'angry wrinkles'!

Unfortunately, it's just too expensive to keep up - you have to get it every three to four months...
So, now I'm looking into some kind of facial tape that you wear at night to keep the frown lines away

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy

I disagree with your first part. it never looks good, it always looks fake and desperate. please show me a before and after where botox made an improvement in anyones face

I have a friend that is in the medical field and is a botox provider.
I watched her over the course of years.

She is an absolute natural beauty. She started injecting herself. She looked amazing, she already had looked younger for her age. It make her look much younger for a year or so.

Then……it was more and more. She completely f upped her face. Exaggerated cheeks, chin, lips, eyebrows. All of it. So sad. Now she just looks like a swollen cat.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Creates conflict and confusion among others, as the reduction in the ability express oneself through facial expressions to others is a serious problem.

It does both ways.

The bigger issue is the inability of one who has removed their ability to express through facial expressions is damaging those who who have frozen their face, as they no longer have access to those expressions if they cannot express them. A form of suppression. A form of mental, emotional and spiritual self destruction.

To say nothing of injecting oneself with actual poison and the mental gymnastics needed to voluntarily do this. Vanity is a helluva spiritual drug.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I have not change in my mood either when am with botox, I even have tried the synthetic version to see if it can last longer, but not good results either, no change on mood or weird thinking.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I see it, all my friends have become addicted and look fake and plastic, I always try to keep as natural as possible i am no addicted to botox and fillers, but I love the new treatments like Morpheus 8 and lasers.

Morpheus 8, make your skin tighter and firmer, is amazing, but is very painful even with the one-hour pre numbing application plus the gas during the procedure, but ask me if is worth it, yep it is.

I tried the fillers in my lips once, never ever again, I see women that looks like fish lips with soo many fillers in them, I did no like the bumpy feeling and in reality, I did not need it to begin with.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The bigger the nose the better. Noses = wealth, and knowledge….

Jeebus !!

And I thought I had a big nose because air is free...

Proof that I know a lot of stuff and must be rich !

I'll be at the bank first thing on Monday
So, how exactly do I deposit my nose for cash ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join