It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Botox is Being Encouraged so much

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Interesting theories.
I have not thought much about why beyond narcissism and people refusing to look their age as they age.
Luckily, I still look way younger than I am. Genes more than likely.....because I love the sun and still lay out in it. But still take care of my face....maybe my natural freckles hide things too.

I have batted around in my head if I would ever get botox or lip injections. I admit this. I have thought of minimal work. I have never done it. I am a GenXer by the way.

But I look around at the women doing it and it seems as if it makes them look OLDER not younger. And of course, they all go overboard and look stupid.

I love seeing the lines on people's faces. I think one of the most sexiest features on a person's face (men and women) are crowsfeet and smile lines around the mouth. And that is one of the first things people get injected.

What is truly disgusting.........are the women in their 20s doing it. Yes, in their 20s. And now men. MEN. MEN!!!! I think one of my brother's is getting it done. I am no longer close to him, but I saw recent pictures and was taken back. Gross.

The fashion industry/sex industry/hollweird has caused all of this.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dae

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Just a little rabbit hole

There are so many little rabbit holes! Its a wonder how we all get through the bloody day!

I like this OP, has an ole ATS vibe to it

I have been away from ATS for a long time. And being back has become a horrible distraction. I am down so many rabbit holes again - I have not seen the sky in ages, it seems.

And JAGStorm always creates the best topics. She needs a special official tag under her name for this.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: JAGStorm

Talking by experience, yes I have used botox and many other facial anti-aging enhancements, yep they work darn they work, but one of the things about botox is that if you are a latina like me, we do a lot of facial expressions you can imagine, I always end up with the headaches, plus the numbness of the botox do not last more than a month and half for me.

Yep is a waste of money if you are a person that love to do facial expressions all the time.

Im not Latina and am as white as they come, but my face is in a constant state of expressions. I have a hard time w/ poker faces. lol

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

April 15th, 2002 ...22 yrs. Been a "thing" w jetset since. Hardly new....
Best

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dae

I belong to a gun club and the guys that belong to it are very mellow. It may be that most get tranquility from being out in nature though, or eating Lake Superior fish and wild game more often...those things tend to have mellowing effects on personality. Got a Wild game feed to go to in February there. I have belonged to the club for over thirty years and haven't met any loose cannons there yet. Strict gun rules for members and hardly any fights ever break out.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There is a new trend for women to cut off the end of her eyebrows and make them more straight…..

Again I think there are some evil powers behind these “trends”

Chinese face reading says:

Length Long Eyebrows: People with long eyebrows are righteous, helpful and like to make friends. If the eyebrows are longer than the outer canthus, it indicates the blessed life with wealth and rank. The longer the eyebrow, the longer longevity it suggests. Long and beautiful eyebrows indicate the early success.

Short Eyebrows: People of short eyebrows are restrained, have few friends, poor conjugal relations and poor fortune, and tend to live a poor life. Women with short eyebrows are harmful to their husband and lead a bad marriage.

www.yourchineseastrology.com...

Teach your kids not to follow these trends! Their hair is a gift from their parents!

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

edit on Thu Jun 15 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Tbh, I still have no idea why men do botox treatment. I mean, I thought only women cared too much about their appearance, but not men. It seems like there's something wrong with this world. Anyway, just my 2 cents to update this thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Eh, I haven't done it. I have a round face shape which used to always make me look younger than I was which I didn't like at 20 but it becomes a good thing when you get older. Luckily no wrinkles yet. My sister-in- law who is the same age as me, did get botox for forehead wrinkles but has since decided to just embrace herself as she is. I certainly don't care if a woman decides she wants botox or a face-lift. That's on her. However the emphasis on looking young is a shame.

My daughters tell me that the reason I look much younger than I am is because I'm unproblematic. It may not appear so on ATS, but I can't stand drama, am usually happy, and am a "live and let live" kind of person. I compliment strangers, show kindness. Maybe the kids are right. I certainly have seen women my age and younger who are the type to complain, envy, etc and some look really bad for their age.

Anyway. I'm very curious at these young girls and all the surgery and fillers and now getting their buccal fat removed. As I said, these rounder cheeks keep me looking younger. If they are removing that fat in their 20s, what's going to happen in their 40s, when the face loses some fullness naturally? And how is all that surgery going to hold up? If they keep having to get more and more, they will end up looking like that cat lady socialite.

I was just thinking about this today. Maybe it was just a bad picture but it was of Kimberly Guilfoyle. I used to think she was really pretty, but yikes, the lips, the mean looking frozen face, I was thinking, why did you do this?

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Anyway. I'm very curious at these young girls and all the surgery and fillers and now getting their buccal fat removed. As I said, these rounder cheeks keep me looking younger. If they are removing that fat in their 20s, what's going to happen in their 40s, when the face loses some fullness naturally? And how is all that surgery going to hold up? If they keep having to get more and more, they will end up looking like that cat lady socialite.

I too have a round baby face. Madonna is a perfect example of what can happen…scary!

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Oh geez yes! Forgot about that. She's just about unrecognizable. It's sad really, but I guess it's not my business and if they are happy.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I thought botox was a subject of ridicule? Vain rich lids making themselves look ugly cos a conman told them that for a few million dollars they will look younger. Bit like the emperor's new clothes. But with nasty side effects.

Botox = stupid. Simple as.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There is definately something to what you are saying. Smiling activates the emotion, the emotion activates the expression. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Masks and botox. Both kill smiles.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The puffy lips is the WORST. I think of the back end of an orangutan when I see them.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

The puffy lips is the WORST. I think of the back end of an orangutan when I see them.

Growing up in an Asian household we were taught small lips were the most beautiful. Women wore makeup in a way to minimize their lips, kinda weird to see the opposite happening now.

I would never get lip filler, I think it looks terrible and one you puff it up it’s like a balloon, you have to keep doing it because your lips get all stretched out. It’s not the worst though. I’ve seen people get the distance from their nose to their lips shortened, and it is the most unnatural looking thing ever.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   
[snip]
edit on 19-6-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's not only Asians that believe in the nose thing. I have friends from Mexico, they flat out said that people with large noses are considered much more intelligent than those without. The wife actually made a comment about my 'strong' nose, along with the comment so I didn't even have a chance to be offended lol.

If you look throughout history, many of the leaders had very 'strong' noses and believed in big noses.

Napoleon:

Napoleon was said to believe that a large nose meant that a person had a large brain, and therefore he would not promote any soldier to the rank of officer unless they had a large nose. He even wrote about this decision, saying “When I want any good head-work done, I choose a man with a long nose.”

Cleopatra
Cyrano de Bergerac

Unfortunately, today's society is more hooked on appearance than brains, so cute and beautiful are in and big noses aren't.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Someone bumped an old thread. Funny.
BOTOX? I'd be too scared to even try it.
Purposely injecting poison like that. Nope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join