It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty something year olds I have a question

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv
You were bringing around 200 pennies. Looks like you were looking for people to troll.

I just hope that made you feel better about yourself, my young friend. I know it's all you think you have. There is a better way tho..
edit on 29-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As a young adult, I think you just encountered someone that you would classify as an asshole. Assholes have a wide age range. Sounds like you just encountered someone that is unprofessional. I was raised to always be professional at the workplace and to treat people with respect, maybe this person didn't get the memo..

Phones and social media definitely play a big role I think. Public education is hit or miss across the country. Our culture is pretty messed up, but its definitely not only young people.

If you wanted to classify it as a generational issue, us young people could also list a lot of issues with the older generations. Greedy baby boomers are why we are in an economic crisis. Then you have the insane woke millennials that want to destroy tradition and culture. Fun times.
edit on 29-1-2023 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
As a young adult, I think you just encountered someone that you would classify as an asshole. Assholes have a wide age range. Sounds like you just encountered someone that is unprofessional. I was raised to always be professional at the workplace and to treat people with respect, maybe this person didn't get the memo..

Phones and social media definitely play a big role I think. Public education is hit or miss across the country. Our culture is pretty messed up, but its definitely not only young people.

If you wanted to classify it as a generational issue, us young people could also list a lot of issues with the older generations. Greedy baby boomers are why we are in an economic crisis. Then you have the insane woke millennials that want to destroy tradition and culture. Fun times.

You are absolutely correct. Assholes come in every age, as does a poor work ethic. No doubt.

I'd like to ask you some questions. This is something I'm getting a lot of. Do you feel excited about what your future holds, or does your future look completely bleak? Simply put, what's your hope for the future, or do you not have any hope for a good life as you grow old yourself? Do you see anything positive about the future your bound to face?

I wonder how far gone it feels for your gen. Or do you see a good path in front of you?

Added: when I was a young man in my early twenties I saw a world of opportunities in front of me. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and a good moral compass, and that's the opposite of what I get to deal with. I'm wondering what the perspective is from someone who is more grounded, like you, and in this age range.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Elders that forget what it was to be young and not in accordance with the old sh1theads that constantly try and lecture you because: experience. They will always be in that situation, glad I heeded the advice of my dad to never forget what it was to be young, obviously I'm not struggling like other at my age.
im not getting them either, but the old sh1ts from my time could never ever with their old mindset understand us, and that's orolly how it's suposed to be.

The experience you think you have is for a world that is no more, getting old sucks, but being the old sucker is worst.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Agreed

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

I agree that getting all worked up about something like that is unnecessary.

But what kind of Maniac walks around with 200+ pennies on them?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I agree that getting all worked up about something like that is unnecessary.

But what kind of Maniac walks around with 200+ pennies on them?

A bag of change I keep in my car. I put my loose change in there in case I need it (like tonight). I was down to the pennies.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
a reply to: M5xaz

Thanks again. That has been very helpful. I get tunnel vision sometimes. That's why I brought it to ATS. I knew y'all would hash that out and give several angles.

How did you like that one reply that mentioned that some people think they might not have souls. Man, that's pretty bleak huh?

Oh, and I was wondering, do you think you got any replies from twenty somethings? It appears to me that you did not rather just got a bunch of replies from us old fogies.

But she payed for your two dollar purchase? Seems like some good ''conflict resolution'' to me. How do you think you might adjust how you approach twenty somethings after her generosity?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This is a sincere attempt to understand the minds of our young adults.

Things like telling me you can't accept $2 in pennies to pay for something.

Sorry dude , you need help.
You're the offender in this case.

Take your pennies to a bank and
get two bucks .

Ask yourself: "If everybody did what I'm
doing, would it be a better world?"

Love is kind.
You showed no kindness.
You were more like the scribes and Pharisees
with your "legal tender " .

Repent!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 29-1-2023 by RavenSpeaks because: spelling

P.S.
How about putting 200 pennies in the church offering
every Sunday ? They would probably excommunicate you!

edit on 29-1-2023 by RavenSpeaks because: add more

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: AOx6179
a reply to: M5xaz

Thanks again. That has been very helpful. I get tunnel vision sometimes. That's why I brought it to ATS. I knew y'all would hash that out and give several angles.

How did you like that one reply that mentioned that some people think they might not have souls. Man, that's pretty bleak huh?

Oh, and I was wondering, do you think you got any replies from twenty somethings? It appears to me that you did not rather just got a bunch of replies from us old fogies.

But she payed for your two dollar purchase? Seems like some good ''conflict resolution'' to me. How do you think you might adjust how you approach twenty somethings after her generosity?

It was a good act imo. I figured it was more for her than me. She probably just didn't want to count them. That was my take.
And that's what this thread is about. Adjusting my own approach by obtaining insight into how they feel and what they're going thru as whole.

Sue me for caring about them and not just throwing my hands up, with the, eh..not my problem, it's just the "new norm." I'm not afraid of battling the hard things. This is a tough one. But I don't want to just give in and to the same mentality my own age group is. Because I do remember what it's like to be young. Their future matters to me too.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

This is a sincere attempt to understand the minds of our young adults.

Things like telling me you can't accept $2 in pennies to pay for something.

Sorry dude , you need help.
You're the offender in this case.

Take your pennies to a bank and
get two bucks .

Ask yourself: "If everybody did what I'm
doing, would it be a better world?"

Love is kind.
You showed no kindness.
You were more like the scribes and Pharisees
with your "legal tender " .

Repent!!!!!!!!!!

So, to be clear, it was wrong of me to use the pennies because their debit machine was down? And that was how I made the offense and was the aggressor?
edit on 29-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Not legally wrong , but rude/gauche.
Love is kind.
Love bears all things.
Love seeks not it's own.

And who carries around 200 pennies?
Did you go home and get the pennies after the debit
machine went down.?
Be honest. God Knows!

Oh and for Christ's sake!
Couldn't you have just gone to another store?

edit on 29-1-2023 by RavenSpeaks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Not legally wrong , but rude/gauche.
Love is kind.
Love bears all things.
Love seeks not it's own.

And who carries around 200 pennies?
Did you go home and get the pennies after the debit
machine went down.?
Be honest. God Knows!

Oh and for Christ's sake!
Couldn't you have just gone to another store?

Again, a bag of change I keep in my car. I throw all my loose change in it in case I need it. Like tonight. Times are tough so I've used up all the silver coin and was down to the pennies.
I could have, but I live out in the country and it is about twenty miles to the next closest store. It's only three miles to the one I go to.

Why is this such a trigger for you? Notice, I'm still being respectful even tho you're not.
And again, to be clear, it's rude/unsophisticated to use pennies if that's all ya got? And because I wanted to use those pennies that was an unkind act? Someone I should repent of?

edit on 29-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: Added last line

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:45 AM
link   

A bag of change I keep in my car.

Dude in the bible named Judas carried a money bag too.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   

A bag of change I keep in my car.

Dude in the bible named Judas carried a money bag too.

Wow. So now I'm a betrayer of Jesus Christ because I keep a bag of change in my car? School me....don't hold back.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
What a luck that i didn`t have to experience here in Germany, yet. A luck for the twenty something years old kids of helicopter parents. The thing i ask myself here all the time is: How can they (supermarket employees for example) be that nice and kind all the time, getting a very low wage, having to deal with a-holes all the day, they have to do alone what 20-30 years ago 5 employees did and still they are still nice and courteous, smiling. Every day.

I guess i didn´t have to experience such a behavior by myself yet because these snowflakes are rare in real life because not viable "in the wild". If such a snowflake tries to eff up the wrong customer who even secures their job through his purchase, his money, then they must be able to bear the echo. And they aren´t.

Because the generation of helicopter parents told these kids that they are always right, always the best in everything. If they are bad in school these parents try to sue the teacher or school instead of telling their kids simply to learn. At around an age of 18 they kick these kids out and let them loose in the normal world, where things are a little different than in their formerly known helicopter parents bubble. Such people can be happy if they come home with only a black eye and nothing worse. In nature they would be nothing more than simple prey. Big mouth but nothing behind it.

I am pretty sure if you confront them they instantly will have a nervous breakdown because there is no helicopter-parent sound around, no parents available who normally solve all the problems for these kids. Nobody around who tells them that they are right, always and ever. It´s not even their own fault, they didn´t teach themselves to grow to something like this. It´s their parents fault. And the fault of the times we have to deal with, all that MSM re-education BS, rainbow flags and unicorns everywhere, praising their "child soldiers" like Greta Thunberg who "fight for the right thing" and all that BS that is going on right now.

What a luck that these helicopter-parent kids really are that rare that i hadn´t to meet one with that behavior yet. Maybe they are that rare because after their first nervous breakdown "in the wild", in the real life/world, they are done forever anyway, ready to be send back to their parents (or even a psychiatric facility) because they are completely useless in the real world, in the normal society.

In nature they would disappear from the screen because they are eaten by the predators immediately. Maybe something similar happens to them, they are chewed through by the real world and then spat out like a piece of chewing gum which no longer has any taste, ready to spend the rest of their lives stuck under someone's shoe...

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Why is this such a trigger for you? Notice, I'm still being respectful even tho you're not. And again, to be clear, it's rude to use pennies if that's all ya got? And because I wanted to use those pennies that was an unkind act? Someone I should repent o
O.K. Then how about using some wisdom?
Be honest, tell the girl you're a pauper and all you have is pennies.
Then maybe she would be more accepting of the situation.

She probably thought you were just being a jerk, when you
were actually just desperate.

How could she Know?
And then you're confused as to her "attitude"?

Pray for the wisdom of Solomon, son!

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Why is this such a trigger for you? Notice, I'm still being respectful even tho you're not. And again, to be clear, it's rude to use pennies if that's all ya got? And because I wanted to use those pennies that was an unkind act? Someone I should repent o
O.K. Then how about using some wisdom?
Be honest, tell the girl you're a pauper and all you have is pennies.
Then maybe she would be more accepting of the situation.

She probably thought you were just being a jerk, when you
were actually just desperate.

How could she Know?
And then you're confused as to her "attitude"?

Pray for the wisdom of Solomon, son!

You're funny.
So, it matters if I'm poor? I am poor. Does that further my need for repentance? And you're also saying that, I have to plead my case to the merchant as to why I only have pennies, and then if she allows that or sees is as just, then, and only then it would be okay and not something to have such aggression about? As long as she understands my full situation?

(Notice I'm still being polite)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

Also, have I offended you somehow in another post?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

You're funny.

Yep, I even make myself laugh!
Oh ,hey, It's just "my two cents" guy.
I know I can't judge. Who can?

And hey, maybe you were actually supposed
to use those 200 pennies. Maybe cause some butterfly
affect that would save the world from some
calamity. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Who knows man. Why ask why about anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join