It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge and Wisdom

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: AOx6179
a reply to: CthruU

If you truly understood jesus

I do. And His Holy Spirit who has been my teacher.

I respectfully beg to differ for reasons of the contradictions I already pointed out.

But I guess its one thing to know and quite another to enforce on oneself.

I certainly hope he is indeed your teacher so maybe just listen a little more intently...hearing and listening are two very different things.

Your on the road to redemption no doubt but here's hoping you make it to the end.

Nice judgement, "brother." Good to know youre an authority on where my relationship with our Lord Jesus is.

Thanks for sharing tho.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: snrb123

And you don’t need anyone’s validation to feel that way! More power to you Brother.

I never in a million years thought the OP would be attacked and need defending. But I learned. Lol
Thanks brother

So you think it was an attack.

You know I've watched your threads your actually quite intelligent.....it really surprises me your so narrow minded on this one. No surprise though considering your journey thus far with violence.

You'll get there........or you won't........" what will be will be" ehhh. "lol"
edit on 28-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I respectfully beg to differ for reasons of the contradictions I already pointed out.

I certainly hope he is indeed your teacher so maybe just listen a little more intently...hearing and listening are two very different things.

Your on the road to redemption no doubt but here's hoping you make it to the end.

Nice judgement, "brother." Good to know youre an authority on where my relationship with our Lord Jesus is.

Thanks for sharing tho.

Matthew 25:14-30 is my explanation for the words that tripped you up.
edit on 28-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

My apologies, this was meant to be added to my reply above.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing tho.

Come on "brother" your better than this.... are you not?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing tho.

Did you not come up in here casting judgement on where I'm at with God?
Like you are some authority on this for others? If you are filled with Gods Word then you know, you and I should not be arguing and casting judgement out at each other, especially in front of those who may be considering handing it all over to Christ (which is my target audience when I write these rants). Those who are seeking Truth..

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:23 AM
link   

And you don’t need anyone’s validation to feel that way! More power to you Brother.

I never in a million years thought the OP would be attacked and need defending. But I learned. Lol
Thanks brother

So you think it was an attack.

You know I've watched your threads your actually quite intelligent.....it really surprises me your so narrow minded on this one. No surprise though considering your journey thus far with violence.

You'll get there........or you won't........" what will be will be" ehhh. "lol"

Enlighten me then. I may of misunderstood your motive or lesson. You might need to further indulge in what you actually meant then. Cause yeah, I took that as an attack.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

I think the issue is seeing conflict and enemies.

There's another servant in the bible who lost an ear. Did he deserve to lose that ear?

I saw the same contradiction and thought similar things which is ok, non of us are perfect but we can get better.

Sad to see good vibes going bitter.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I think the issue is seeing conflict and enemies.

There's another servant in the bible who lost an ear. Did he deserve to lose that ear?

I saw the same contradiction and thought similar things which is ok, non of us are perfect but we can get better.

Sad to see good vibes going bitter.

Me too

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing tho.

Like you are some authority on this for others? If you are filled with Gods Word then you know, you and I should not be arguing and casting judgement out at each other, especially in front of those who may be considering handing it all over to Christ (which is my target audience when I write these rants). Those who are seeking Truth..

All I did was.try to drag you in hindsight kicking and screaming down the road a little further.

Truth be known you became defensive, insulted and offended at what should be quite obvious to one who claims to be on the path to enlightenment such as yourself.

I have no problem with you and your buddy there running me down because the truth no matter how hard to see is the truth and I have no doubt in time you will see it.

Furthermore I never said I was filled with gods word - but thanks for the implementation no less.

You replied to your buddy laughing out loud at me etc so really is this the pot calling the kettle black here......think so.

Anyway clearly you'd be alot more comfortable with me minding my own business and not interfering with your self diagnosed pedestal rantings so I'll be like a "leaf in the wind" and blow away to the applause of the blind.

Good luck "brother".......

I did try.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
For the sake of the thread and everyone observing.
I can see the contradiction now. I wanted to say, "I won't bury my talents of gold in the sand" but didn't think most people would get the reference. I was trying to say, that I wouldn't let these sorrows and vex's stop me from trying. I will face battles and I won't run from wherever the wind blows me.

I appreciate the feedback. I realize I word things weird sometimes. Makes sense in my head but sometimes only there. Lol

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. He just recently found God and tried to tell me because I don’t follow religion that I wasn’t where I needed to be yet and it echoes what you said here.

You’ll get there eventually, he said, don’t worry.

Well for me, I’m already there. Just like the OP. He is where he feels like he should be. Who are we to tell someone where they are on their individual path?

All the while I tried to tell him. My path is not your path. When people understand that the destination is the same but the path is different the world will be a better place. Peace Brother.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing tho.

All I did was.try to drag you in hindsight kicking and screaming down the road a little further.

Truth be known you became defensive, insulted and offended at what should be quite obvious to one who claims to be on the path to enlightenment such as yourself.

I have no problem with you and your buddy there running me down because the truth no matter how hard to see is the truth and I have no doubt in time you will see it.

Furthermore I never said I was filled with gods word - but thanks for the implementation no less.

You replied to your buddy laughing out loud at me etc so really is this the pot calling the kettle black here......think so.

Anyway clearly you'd be alot more comfortable with me minding my own business and not interfering with your self diagnosed pedestal rantings so I'll be like a "leaf in the wind" and blow away to the applause of the blind.

I did try.

I apologize for making you feel that way. I admit I got defensive. It honestly looked like and attack to me.
Regardless of anything else, how things looked, how things got twisted, I take responsibility for my part in that.
And this is sincere.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing tho.

I did try.

Meant not to “laugh out loud” at you. I didn’t think I did. That’s the problem with text. It loses all emotion. My words should be taken as if they are spoken super calm and collected. That’s just who I am. No harm intended! Just discussing opinions. Have a good day brother!

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. He just recently found God and tried to tell me because I don’t follow religion that I wasn’t where I needed to be yet and it echoes what you said here.

Well for me, I’m already there. Just like the OP. He is where he feels like he should be. Who are we to tell someone where they are on their individual path?

All the while I tried to tell him. My path is not your path. When people understand that the destination is the same but the path is different the world will be a better place. Peace Brother.

Whatever you reckon.

I'll refrain, you are exhausting already.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Whatever you reckon.

Words of wisdom! These, I agree with.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

A bad enemy does a good Christian make!

I like things to be open for interpretation...

It's difficult to not see conflict no matter what cloth you're cut from. From what I gather even the Buddha had anger issues once upon a time.

When aspirations meet reality surely we're supposed to fall short? Growing pains I'd reckon.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing tho.

I did try.

I apologize for making you feel that way. I admit I got defensive. It honestly looked like and attack to me.
Regardless of anything else, how things looked, how things got twisted, I take responsibility for my part in that.
And this is sincere.

No need for apologies.

You never made me feel anyway.

What you have done is opened those eyes a little further now and for that I thank you sincerely.

I'm not here to be better than anyone else or smarter, I'm here because many are called but few are chosen and if possible I'd like to help a few more get the nod..This site is a rare insight into souls let me tell you.

It takes a big soul to say what you did above.

It takes a much bigger man to get hit emotionally than in the face and still turn the other cheek - i think you can be such a man so I tried as I said and in the end you got there.

Now learn to make it knee jerk and not after a few rounds and we're getting somewhere.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999

a reply to: Albert999

The verse actually says, wisdom brings sorrow. Sorrow and vexation are very different.

I'm at peace, not because of what I know, but in what I believe in. Wisdom tells me I can't help those who do not want to be helped (and that I have to accept that)... i.e. "sorrow."

Thanks for the clarification, but you still ultimately ‘choose’ to feel sorrow. You have the power to accept what is and try to find a positive/learn from whatever induces sorrow.

“Make the best of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens” ~ Epictetus

That was what I closed the OP out with... acceptance (hence the leaf in the wind metaphor).
And one might be able to choose not to have sorrow at the thought of most of the world is getting screwed one way or another right now, and there is all kinds of death and destruction due to people not being able to work with each other, the direction in which it is all heading etc etc etc etc, but I sure can't. Nor would I want to be able to not have sorrow, and weep for others, and cry out for those who are suffering (again, due to corruption that boils down to greed) because of a select few. If it be unwise for me not to have the compassion or love in my heart to have sorrow for these people-----then I'll just be unwise. IMO to not have these feelings would make me a monster.
But that's just me.
I think I drew a 6 and you saw a 9 tho. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.
And there are two types of "wisdom and knowledge." One is a lie. The other is truth.
So I think we're actually agreeing, but seeing it differently. Either way I appreciate any view or angles or lessons learned (and all that). I certainly didn't obtain any(if I have obtained any) wisdom all by myself. I've learned just as much from others.

That’s not what I meant at all.

You should definitely have compassion and love for everyone. But choosing to weep over things out of your control is pointless, the people all over the world suffering don’t know you’re doing it. You are just making yourself feel bad for no reason.

Some of the wisest men in history would agree.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Whatever you reckon.

If you were even half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous.

Dangerous is the key word here no2

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Whatever you reckon.

If you were even half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous.

Dangerous is the key word here no2

Hope you have a better rest of your day brother. 😊

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join