It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge and Wisdom

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   
For in much wisdom is much vexation, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. -King Solomon-

How true that is..

I've always had an inquisitive mind. I've been a student of my surroundings and have always dove deeper into things because I always knew there was more beneath the surface of things. Almost a decade ago now I went on a quest for truth. To learn the truth first I had to learn the lies. I asked my Higher Power (God Almighty. God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Yahweh. Father of Jesus) to show me the truth and to expose the lies. You know how they say, "be careful what you pray for?" Boy, oh boy, is that saying true.

I can't even begin to say what all it is I've leaned. I could fill ten books at least with what I've come to see and understand. For one, and this is a kicker, as I've grown closer and closer to God and the more I've learned about Him, the more I've learned the devil. "The knowledge of good and evil."

I've seen the many many ways the enemy fools us. It's so many, and so many different forms, that it's hard to tell others about all these different directions and tools being used against them. Pride is about the biggest tool, but thats for another of my rants. I've learned that for every single bit of truth I learned, I've learned the 10,000 lies that have buried said truth. It doesn't matter if that's a Spiritual truth, or a worldly truth. A single truth is buried in a mountain of lies.
A couple of years ago, let's just say, "certain events" caught my attention and for the first time I actually started paying attention to the politics that we are buried in. This topic never interested me, but those "events" set of alarm bells and I started to look into these people that are "leading" us. Up to this point I had never really been afraid of things like communism taking over, or that my freedoms and rights would be stripped away completely. I have always known that we had liars running things. I've always known how bad the media lies and is manipulated. Those were a given. But I was wise enough to know not to fool heartedly trust in any of, and how to survive and stay ahead of the lies and manipulation. These lies never really affected my personal life, other than taxes going up and down and different red tapes to get around. But my point is, I was never really in any real worry that the USA might end up like China and become an autocratic, or communist, or part of a one world ideology. I've heard it from many others my whole life, but I never really thought it could or would actually happen. So, this new found worry lead me down a rabbit hole of world history, business practices, other world government practices, biology, ufology, chemistry, rare earth elements etc etc etc. Point is, I've learned a LOT in the last couple of years alone, and all for the purpose of trying to stay ahead of "the end game."

I gotta say, ignorance was bliss.

But I'm not one to stay in ignorance of the things that really do matter.
As a whole, there are millions of things to address, and it's so overwhelming, because, how do you fight off a million different enemies? It's exhausting just thinking about all the possibilities of what tomorrow might bring. (Personally I see a Chinese flag being raised at the White House very soon) Not to mention all the preparation it would take to actually stay ahead of the horrors that are coming (and they are coming).
I'm glad I know what I know, and see what I see, and have learned what I've learned. But, woah.....it's a lot of weight to carry and you can most definitely psyche yourself out with all these possible "what ifs" we are now dealing with, on top of the actual reality we all do see. I have most definitely increased in sorrow and vexation the more I've increased in knowledge and wisdom.

My answer to how will I personally deal with all this, and not lose my ever-lovin mind is--------to be a leaf in the wind. What will be will be. I've come to peace with that. I'll fight every battle I face. I won't stick my head in the sand, or roll over like some coward. But to keep myself from going bonkers with the what ifs, I will do what I first learned on my "quest for the truth," and that is to have have faith and trust in my God. That is what keeps me from getting "lost in the fight."

I'll close with my biggest "vexation." I personally, AOx6179, cannot open the eyes of the blind.
But, I will rely on The One who can...

Thanks for reading. ✌️
edit on 28-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am in the same boat. Everything you said.

Whatever is concealed at the present time is only hidden so we have the gift of revealing it in our life. I don't know when or how, but I know our birthright is inevitable. Our finite human understanding is humbled so we are able to receive the comprehension of the infinite
edit on 28-1-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
I am in the same boat. Everything you said.

Whatever is concealed at the present time is only hidden so we have the gift of revealing it in our life. I don't know when or how, but I know our birthright is inevitable. Our finite human understanding is humbled so we are able to receive the comprehension of the infinite

Very nicely put.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Knowledge brings turmoil, wisdom brings peace. Sometimes the knowledge one accumulated is not bringing peace, usually because they are very cleverly crafted lies to keep you away from wisdom.
The first stepp is knowing you know nothing, and don't ever fill that wisdom with human made knowledge.

The world out there is not responisible for your inner well being.
the quest for truth is more often defined by expectations than actual truth, although do it enough times and you'll start to understand the nature of reality and your contribiution to it.
projection...

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Knowledge brings turmoil, wisdom brings peace. Sometimes the knowledge one accumulated is not bringing peace, usually because they are very cleverly crafted lies to keep you away from wisdom.
The first stepp is knowing you know nothing, and don't ever fill that wisdom with human made knowledge.

the quest for truth is more often defined by expectations than actual truth, although do it enough times and you'll start to understand the nature of reality and your contribiution to it.
projection...

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

This came to mind when I read your post. Your words emulated these (in my mind).

Great view and wisdom in what you said.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

projection...

Pretty much what they said ^

Wisdom actually brings peace, not vexation.
You are responsible for how you choose to react to things that vex you, ultimately it is you that vexes yourself. We have the power to choose how we react to things, nothing can take that power away. It is our opinion and judgement of said things that can vex us.
Be not concerned of things out of your control.

“The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts” ~ Marcus Aurelius

That’s my 2 cents 👍🏻

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 28-1-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

The verse actually says, wisdom brings sorrow. Sorrow and vexation are very different.

I'm at peace, not because of what I know, but in what I believe in. Wisdom tells me I can't help those who do not want to be helped (and that I have to accept that)... i.e. "sorrow."

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179

The verse actually says, wisdom brings sorrow. Sorrow and vexation are very different.

I'm at peace, not because of what I know, but in what I believe in. Wisdom tells me I can't help those who do not want to be helped (and that I have to accept that)... i.e. "sorrow."

Thanks for the clarification, but you still ultimately ‘choose’ to feel sorrow. You have the power to accept what is and try to find a positive/learn from whatever induces sorrow.

“Make the best of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens” ~ Epictetus

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999

Thanks for the clarification, but you still ultimately ‘choose’ to feel sorrow. You have the power to accept what is and try to find a positive/learn from whatever induces sorrow.

“Make the best of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens” ~ Epictetus

That was what I closed the OP out with... acceptance (hence the leaf in the wind metaphor).
And one might be able to choose not to have sorrow at the thought of most of the world is getting screwed one way or another right now, and there is all kinds of death and destruction due to people not being able to work with each other, the direction in which it is all heading etc etc etc etc, but I sure can't. Nor would I want to be able to not have sorrow, and weep for others, and cry out for those who are suffering (again, due to corruption that boils down to greed) because of a select few. If it be unwise for me not to have the compassion or love in my heart to have sorrow for these people-----then I'll just be unwise. IMO to not have these feelings would make me a monster.
But that's just me.
I think I drew a 6 and you saw a 9 tho. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.
And there are two types of "wisdom and knowledge." One is a lie. The other is truth.
So I think we're actually agreeing, but seeing it differently. Either way I appreciate any view or angles or lessons learned (and all that). I certainly didn't obtain any(if I have obtained any) wisdom all by myself. I've learned just as much from others.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Not sure how you equate -

" not lose my ever loving mind " and to being a " leaf in the wind " and " what will be will be "

With

" I'll fight every battle i face " and " I won't stick my head in the sand, or roll over like some coward "

If you truly understood jesus then you would see.the blatant conflict of interest displayed..... regardless keep trying i can see your eyes are beginning to open nevertheless albeit with a squint and a sideways glance.

Hope you can see my words are not a attack but a steering aid.

edit on 28-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
More power to you brother!

Personally, I decided to not concern myself with things I can’t change. Instead I turned my focus on things that are tangible to me. Such as myself. My family. My home. My relationship with God.

The secret to (my) happiness is living as if the world is perfect. Instead of waiting for it to be some fairytale version of what I thought it should be.

I know. Deny Ignorance. Well, I prefer inner peace. I don’t mind being the ignorant one.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

" not lose my ever loving mind " and to being a " leaf in the wind " and " what will be will be "

With

" I'll fight every battle i face " and " I won't stick my head in the sand, or roll over like some coward "

If you truly understood jesus then you would see.the blatant conflict of interest displayed..... regardless keep trying i can see your eyes are beginning to open nevertheless albeit with a squint and a sideways glance.

The problem with that is your steering them down your path. Life is such an individual thing. Not one size fits all.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: snrb123

With

The problem with that is your steering them down your path. Life is such an individual thing. Not one size fits all.

Rubbish.....maybe try rereading the first 3 paragraphs of the OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

With

Rubbish.

I’m ok with that.

Hope you have a good day.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

If you truly understood jesus

I do. And His Holy Spirit who has been my teacher.

I'll fight every battle i face " and " I won't stick my head in the sand, or roll over like some coward "

Matthew 25:14-30 is what I was going for with these statements. My battles are in the service of helping others.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

And you don’t need anyone’s validation to feel that way! More power to you Brother.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

And you don’t need anyone’s validation to feel that way! More power to you Brother.

I never in a million years thought the OP would be attacked and need defending. But I learned. Lol
Thanks brother

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I respectfully beg to differ for reasons of the contradictions I already pointed out.

But I guess its one thing to know and quite another to enforce on oneself.

I certainly hope he is indeed your teacher so maybe just listen a little more intently...hearing and listening are two very different things.

Your on the road to redemption no doubt but here's hoping you make it to the end.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

No he doesn't indeed but the fact you see it that way is basic at best.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join