It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you die

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When it happens everyone remembers you for a few days

A week after your co workers move on and forget you

a month after your friends forget about you and move on

Even your wife and kids 3 months later will be watching a show and begin to laugh .

Everyone moves on and this is how fast you are forgotten .

Live life for yourself and not the ones that will forget you in a few months .

Truth .

Not sure why this hit me the way it did but seeing a black hole rip a galaxy apart . I Got to ask why do any of use matter in the scheme of things we can all just be gone like every other extinct species on this and every planet .

If the Universe can Kill at will without reason Why is it wrong if we do it ? So many questions . We do not matter after we are gone When something takes out Earth we are gone and forgotten not even a memory .
edit on 24-1-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

It's all a matter of morality and truth.

The truth is, you're nothing!

The you that you think you are doesn't actually exist, and nothing matters. You're nothing. So is everyone else.

It's like cockroaches. Cockroaches are everywhere. They are as automatic, mechanical as creatures can get.

You turn the light on in the kitchen, and the cockroaches scurry underneath the fridge. We all know what the cockroaches are doing together under the fridge. They're breeding. Turn the light off, and the cockroaches come out.

What cockroaches aren't doing is having a mid-life crisis, going "oh how am I going to feed my offspring!, what if mrs cockroach is going to cheat on me with another cockroach!, what do the other cockroaches think of me!? One of them said "Hi Fred" the other day whilst passing me by. Doesn't he know my name after two days? I'm Bill! I feel so unloved!".

When you die, you go back to being an infinite consciousness, at rest, in a void of nothing, as space and time doesn't actually exist.
Until such time, you are this finite consciousness being, living in an illusion of space and time, and all around you are other finite conscious beings (other finite versions of the true infinite conscious being you truly are and all come from).

You should watch a movie called "These final hours".

edit on 24-1-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe, but maybe not. I guess it's our choice to believe this or not believe it,,,,or maybe not. Maybe there is no choice at all, maybe there is only the ''thought'' that we have any say in the matter at all.

And maybe, the capacity to even think the word ''maybe'' could be a key to opening up the capacity for choice. Maybe finding two possibilities in our minds at one time then going with either one rather than leaving it all up to chance could mark us as something different from the cockroaches of existence. And maybe not. Maybe it's all delusion after all.
I'm going with maybe and going with maybe means maybe I have a choice and if I do, I choose being more than a cockroach.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Why is the OP so sure there is nothing else after we die. Why do you believe there is no heaven, reincarnation, or continuation of the simulation?

I can understand doubts but a hardcore belief that nothing else exists is just stupid. Even if you are the science type of person, you just have to read some advanced physics theories to have doubt that nothing happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Why is the OP so sure there is nothing else after we die. Why do you believe there is no heaven, reincarnation, or continuation of the simulation?

I can understand doubts but a hardcore belief that nothing else exists is just stupid. Even if you are the science type of person, you just have to read some advanced physics theories to have doubt that nothing happens.

I never said anything that we might not go on in a different form . Lets say reincarnation is the key :I'm Kinda leaning this way"

We still do not remember anything from past lives - I die here on Earth but I'm reborn on a distant planet as a grasshopper .

Let say our Earth gets eaten by a black hole we are totally forgotten and matter none in our reborn life .

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

And when I die and when I'm dead, dead and gone
There'll be one child born and a world to carry on, to carry on

I'm not scared of dying and I don't really care
If it's peace you find in dying, well, then let the time be near
If it's peace you find in dying, when dying time is here
Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there
I hear that's it's cold way down there, yeah, crazy cold way down there

And when I die and when I'm gone

My troubles are many, they're as deep as a well
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell
Swear there ain't no heaven and pray there ain't no hell
But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell
Only my dying will tell, yeah, only my dying will tell

Give me my freedom for as long as I be
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me
And all I ask of dying is to go naturally, only want to go naturally
Don't want to go by the devil, don't want to go by the demon
Don't want to go by Satan, don't want to die uneasy
Just let me go naturally

There'll be one child born, there'll be one child born
When I die
There'll be one child born
When I die
When I die
When I die
When I die

Written by: LAURA NYRO

edit on 24-1-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You sound extremely depressed and I wish you the best.

In regards to reincarnation there is a plethora of evidence that this is the case, though obviously not the rule.
For the exception to reincarnation check out OOBE books.
This means there are a myriad of 'after life' systems going on.
It also means that reality is not what we are trained to think it is.
We coexist with the 'dead' and we are also all a part of the universe in a molecular, quantum and spiritual level, outside of time.

In regards to 'people moving on fast after you die' that is obviously the most subjective thing I have read in a long time.
I still think about my dad weekly and he died over 5 years ago.

Cheer up! You are an eternal soul, in some form, somewhere , forever, and outside of time.

Edit to say this part was a bit worrying, hopefully it was misconstrued 'If the Universe can Kill at will without reason Why is it wrong if we do it ?'

Are you condoning killing other people?

Are
edit on 24/1/2023 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
In regards to 'people moving on fast after you die'
that is obviously the most subjective thing
I have read in a long time.
I still think about my dad weekly and . . .

Edit to say this part was a bit worrying,
hopefully it was misconstrued
'If the Universe can Kill at will without reason Why is it wrong if we do it ?'

Are you condoning killing other people?

Ditto
I was about to say the same thing.
As for
memories they are kept near and dear.

edit on 24/1/23 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Not to worry I'm not nut's lol

Just looking at a bigger picture where we do not matter here today gone tomorrow forgotten in months here on Earth forgotten instantly in the universe .

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Who I was does not matter.

What matters, what lives on after I have passed, is what I have done to make a difference while I lived.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think about this at least once a day probably. Mainly because of un answered questions, anyone who may miss me is resilient so no worries there, and Im simply a break in case of emergency gadget. So life is easy to understand in the now. But I will admit that the prospect of dying and not having certain questions answered solidly, bothers me. A lot. They are matters of Justice and direct culpability, I accept that the only answer I have in the now is…..to be figured I guess. But our choices do matter..in the now, even if it wasn't directly our choice for the now to be playing out like it is…only thing that fell here last night was snow..no bombs or rockets, family is safe, warm, full..id be ok at this point with the great unknown by default, can't have everything..answers shmanswers.

Loose quote..Eliminate the impossible and whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Well, the infinite possibilities crowd murks this water up,
The comfort and peace I experience are not of my own making..those things are luck and the grace of other people. The negativity in my personal sphere is self created..up to a point, thats where the question arises and a choice has to be made , fight or fight harder, if you dont have it right now this instant, how important is it really?
edit on 25-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Would it be something you would care about when you died and do you need to worry about it while alive?

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Cockroaches could be sentient and have all the time in the world to think, as food is no problem. They all sleep and dream I bet they dream that they are human, and also have a fictional name for their species like us.. and go to the pub and have holidays on tropical Islands. I bet they meet hula girls, who are really dreaming cows, who would never go out with the rich tourist if they knew they were really dating a cockroach. There is an infinite amount of ways of interpreting electromagnetic waves..... So we might be dreaming cockroaches who in the dream think we are human.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

I’m not OP, but there is no genuine, empirical evidence that there is anything like ‘heaven’ or reincarnation or an afterlife after you die. There’s anecdotal, but not much else. And no one dead for 2 months, 2 years, etc, has returned.

True, there’s theories about how consciousness might continue in some quantum fashion after we die. But again, it isn’t fact, only theory.

People talk about the soul and spirit, but where does the soul exist? If it’s part of your entity body, then would it diminish for people in accidents who lose limbs? If it’s just in the brain, what happens to people who suffer strokes, aphasics, learning disabilities? Will they also have the same issues when the end up in the afterlife? How could they be someone different when they die, if their mind(s) are incomplete or damaged now?

And because of those endless possibilities, i can’t see how there is an afterlife. At least, not how religious or spiritualists describe.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm a Christian, but once I was an atheist & felt very similarly about how none of us matter in the grand scheme of things.

What I discovered, was that after I hit rock bottom, spun out as a drunken, homeless teenager in the south of England, I prayed that God would reveal Himself, and show me a better way to live, and that's exactly what happened! In fact, my prayer was answered the very next day, in an unequivocal, very clear manner..

I had basically prayed out of desperation, my life was falling apart: "Lord, if you're real, please show yourself to me & I will serve you for the rest of my days.." The following day, I was drinking vodka in the town centrce, slumped in a doorway, and a well-dressed, middle aged black lady walked past me. Suddenly, she stopped, turned to me, and said, "You've been praying. God answers prayer - come with me!" And so I immediately jumped up, mind blown, and went with her. She took me to a local evangelical church, where she introduced me to the pastor & explained to him what had happened. He then spoke with me about the gospel of Christ, about how we can be reborn as a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come, and so on. I decided there & then to fulfil my obligation (as per the content of my brief prayer) & dedicate my life to the Lord's service. The pastor then shared a portion of scripture with me, which he said God had impressed upon his mind when we were praying, which reads as follows:

"..the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon and said, “The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor.”

Judges 6: 12

You can read more about this incident in my thread which I composed recently, which can be found HERE. It was an incredible blessing.

I truly hope that you will accept this truth - God loves & cares for you, because He is infinite in scope & power, and therefore has the infinite resources, time, and space in His heart to care about you, even though individually we are tiny on a universal scale. An infinite, eternal God has plenty of time for you, believe me. He will reveal Himself to you if you enquire with a humble heart, persistently, and wait patiently for Him. I was blessed to have it occur the very next day, but sometimes it can take a little longer. Watch for the signs that He is answering your prayer; coincidences, 'chance' meetings with Christians, and so on. Give it a try, ask Him to reveal Himself to you - but be sincere, make sure you have counted the cost - if He does reveal Himself, would you be willing to commit your life to His service? There is no greater adventure in all the Cosmos, I assure you.

Godpseed, FITO.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Even your wife and kids 3 months later will be watching a show and begin to laugh .

Truth .

Not sure why this hit me the way it did but seeing a black hole rip a galaxy apart . I Got to ask why do any of use matter in the scheme of things we can all just be gone like every other extinct species on this and every planet .

If the Universe can Kill at will without reason Why is it wrong if we do it ? So many questions . We do not matter after we are gone When something takes out Earth we are gone and forgotten not even a memory .

Maybe true for some, but for me there's nothing worse than losing a loved one or the fear of losing a loved one.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
In the face of the infinite universe, we are nothing.

Our existence will fade. We will die and the universe could care less. An asteroid could wipe us out tomorrow. That’s how much we mean. Not much to be reincarnated to if what you were or had is gone for good.

We think we are important. We think we are god’s chosen. We created that self fulfilling prophecy.
Religion is the oldest form of control.

The world we live in was created on lies and held together by targeted control and fear.

Hope keeps us going.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I want my friends and family to remember the fun and crazy times on a occasion. I don't want them thinking about me every second of every day. Hell, they don't do that now, why would I want them to do that after I die.

Life has stages. You are born, you learn to talk and walk. You learn the mechanisms for traversing the world. You live through the stage of raging hormones. Leave home. Make a new home. Might have kids. Work, work, and more work. If lucky you retire and reminisce. The end.

I hope and pray they will remember me when they need to remember me. In those special moments. Other than that, a couple times a year is fine with me.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Truth .

If people aren't sat in a corner crying about you, that doesn't mean they've forgotten about you. You can still get on with your life and remember people who you've lost.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There are those of us who have experienced departed loved ones coming for visits, whether real or not, it's another reality so there will never be true 'good-byes' only a shift from this reality to the next.

Then there are those that explore their family roots and may perhaps remember stories of grandparents or greatgrandparents and remember that way.

How do we not know the universe won't repeat making us, chromosome by chromosome for eternity? Perhaps a black hole ripping apart a galaxy is required?

Laughing is good for the soul and if one's departed loved ones are watching, won't they join in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join