It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

save the planet kill the whales.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
6 whales washed up dead in on new jersey shores.

the powers that be want a wind farm off the east coast from maine to north carolina.
not even a usa company.
pave paradise, put up a f'n wind farm. don't it always seem to go? you don't know what you got till it's gone.

i don't think i need a link, anyone who isn't living under a rock would be aware
of what this green crap push is doing to the lobster and crab/shellfish and fishing industries.

let alone our way of life. elec cars, stoves, lol. what a joke.

back in the day, we could deal with the occasional tree hugger. basically a harmless critter.

but now they have gained power and that changes everything.

i want to super glue the wef morons to a windmill hook their genitals up to the generator and hope a cat 5 comes along.

how many more species will be killed in pursuit of saving them?

i didn't know what form this would fit so i put it here.

rant over for now.

thanks, i feel much better. lol. doesn't help anyone in real life tho

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is so sad, that I think even Mother Earth is starting to shed tears this new morning of more "stupid thinking " of these idiots that occupy my land.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yep. There's nothing "green" about the green movement. Here in my state in Aus they're planning on damming the only blue water valley in the state. A pristine rainforest valley of waterfalls and many protected species [platypus etc.]. All to build an unwanted and unneeded pumped hydro storage facility. So much for being a protected national park..... And to top it off, the residents of the valley only found out that they're about to be drowned under 60m of water, when they heard about it on the local news.....

Link
edit on 20-1-2023 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

What is the company that did this?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I used to have a t-shirt in college that said, "Save the plankton, kill a whale".

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Yep. There's nothing "green" about the green movement. Here in my state in Aus they're planning on damming the only blue water valley in the state. A pristine rainforest valley of waterfalls and many protected species [platypus etc.]. All to build an unwanted and unneeded pumped hydro storage facility. So much for being a protected national park..... And to top it off, the residents of the valley only found out that they're about to be drowned under 60m of water, when they heard about it on the local news.....

Link

that's a damn shame.

and it's happening all over the world.

3 gorges in china, Aswan in egypt too.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I used to have a t-shirt in college that said, "Save the plankton, kill a whale".

save a tree
eat a beaver.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

save a tree
eat a beaver.

so you heard about the beavers in Kentucky ? Man just can't live with the intelligence of nature.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

What is the company that did this?

either dutch or norwegian from norwegia.

they are still surveying the ocean floor, nothing has been built yet that i know of.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

save a tree
eat a beaver.

so you heard about the beavers in Kentucky ? Man just can't live with the intelligence of nature.

there was a beaver dam in canada that was like 23 miles long. people saw it from a satellite photo of the area and sent people to see what it was.

they said it took over 100 years to build.
of course not every little stick was placed by the the furry little guys. once there is enough in there anything can be caught up floating down river.

it took an effort to un jam.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The same dingbat ignorant eco-tards that push these costly inefficient windfarms are the same ones that push for the destruction of hydrodams that have proven to be safe , economical , renewable and reliable for over a century

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

The same dingbat ignorant eco-tards that push these costly inefficient windfarms are the same ones that push for the destruction of hydrodams that have proven to be safe , economical , renewable and reliable for over a century

the idiots may not know it, but them dams need to be clean out by scuba divers every year. I know because ...
edit on 0100000034012023-01-20T20:01:34-06:00013401pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)
them big flat heads at them dams can swallow a diver with now problem on the Mississippi River.
edit on 0100000052152023-01-20T20:15:52-06:00155201pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Tyrannical government is the worst enemy the environment actually has. Look at the mess China has made of itself, and what it does in nations it moves into. Look at the horrors Venezuela's regime has created of its countryside. Look at what the USSR did.

In freer nations, people demand a cleaner place to live and they have the voice to get it, but tyranny doesn't care because it doesn't have to.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Tyrannical government is the worst enemy the environment actually has. Look at the mess China has made of itself, and what it does in nations it moves into. Look at the horrors Venezuela's regime has created of its countryside. Look at what the USSR did.

In freer nations, people demand a cleaner place to live and they have the voice to get it, but tyranny doesn't care because it doesn't have to.

you've seen the "red" river in china, right?
well it all goes to the ocean
we are all fkd in a way
the ocean salt these days even taste weird

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe whale oil is finally making a comeback?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

You know what saved the whales? Capitalism and the discovery of how to effectively use fossil fuels, namely petroleum. Oil saved the whales.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You know what saved the whales? Capitalism and the discovery of how to effectively use fossil fuels, namely petroleum. Oil saved the whales.

I'm sorry...

I forgot the "sarcasm" tag at the end of that...

M'bad...

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

but it now known to have pcbs in it

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

but it now known to have pcbs in it

Yup... It's from all of the plastic straws they have eaten.

Soylent Lamp-Oil is the only, totally green energy solution... it's only a matter of time...

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

6 whales washed up dead in on new jersey shores.

the powers that be want a wind farm off the east coast from maine to north carolina.
not even a usa company.
pave paradise, put up a f'n wind farm. don't it always seem to go? you don't know what you got till it's gone.

i don't think i need a link, anyone who isn't living under a rock would be aware
of what this green crap push is doing to the lobster and crab/shellfish and fishing industries.

let alone our way of life. elec cars, stoves, lol. what a joke.

back in the day, we could deal with the occasional tree hugger. basically a harmless critter.

but now they have gained power and that changes everything.

i want to super glue the wef morons to a windmill hook their genitals up to the generator and hope a cat 5 comes along.

how many more species will be killed in pursuit of saving them?

i didn't know what form this would fit so i put it here.

rant over for now.

thanks, i feel much better. lol. doesn't help anyone in real life tho

Here's an interesting article from 2013:

"Could oil and gas exploration be harming whale populations?"

"Matthew Huelsenbeck, a marine scientist from Oceana, an international organisation focused solely on ocean conservation, says an oil and gas exploration technique known as air gun blasting, whereby a series of blasts are let out every ten seconds for a period of days or weeks at a time, can be extremely damaging for whales.

"For marine mammals that have highly sensitive hearing, seismic testing is like being in a war zone," he says.

This can lead to temporary or permanent loss of hearing, abandonment of habitat or force the whales to move into shallow water, where they get stranded and die.

Huelsenbeck says a new report recently released by the International Whaling Commission details an incident in Madagascar, where 75 melon-headed whales died in 2008 after ExxonMobil used a sonar mapping tool, an intense version of a Multi-Beam Echo-Sounder (MBES), which was used with other seismic technologies to search for offshore oil and gas. The scared whales moved into a shallow lagoon, where they died of exposure.

"This study is one of the first to show that disturbing marine mammals with sound can have fatal consequences," says Huelsenbeck.."

www.offshore-technology.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join