It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green comet will pass by Earth for first time in 50,000 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: AOx6179

Image of the Comet taken on 28th December by twitter user Michael Jäger.

twitter.com...

Very interesting. How good of a telescope did he have to see this? I'm guessing nothing from home.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I found This , it seems he uses a RASA 8 telescope , a nice piece of kit looking at his Galaxy images.

He's Australian so I guess he lives somewhere away from light pollution.

edit on 6-1-2023 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Saw hale bopp from a airplane at about 30k feet. Very cool to see the tail clear as day....

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Image of the Comet taken on 28th December by twitter user Michael Jäger.

twitter.com...

Very cool.

Also an excellent pic for an amateur!

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wonder if I could get it with my ETX 125

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I would think so , reports say it should be visible to binoculars so a telescope would be better.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Another green comet story:

After a rogue comet which hides the presence of a UFO passes by, trucks and other machines come alive and begin killing people. The story takes place at the Dixie Boy truck stop where honeymooners, Connie (Yeardley Smith) and Curt (John Short) and several other travelers have gone to try to escape the carnage.
stephenking.com...

Who made who?

edit on 1/6/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Classic movie E-Shadow! I remember watching that when I was young.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Greatest Band In History - The only band I can't name a bad song -
edit on 6-1-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Another green comet story:

After a rogue comet which hides the presence of a UFO passes by, trucks and other machines come alive and begin killing people. The story takes place at the Dixie Boy truck stop where honeymooners, Connie (Yeardley Smith) and Curt (John Short) and several other travelers have gone to try to escape the carnage.
stephenking.com...

Who made who?

A very good AC/DC soundtrack and album.

Ride on..

edit on 1/6/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chuckles55
But do we need to be in steel rooms with no ventilation when it comes by, or at least not look at it so we won't go blind?

Or turn into zombies.

Are you referring to the 80’s movie Night of the Comet? Cuz I lurve that movie!!

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well, I call them cometships and won't spend the time to explain that theory at the present time. But big rocks can make decent deep spaceships.

I do want to make a statement about this more or less official "50,000-year orbit" it supposedly has. Think in terms of such a motion being no-way roundish as we tend to think of "orbits." Think of one of those little, round toothpicks. Picture one of the pointed ends of the toothpick. That is one end of the passage, the perihelion, where the sun is at. Next, think about a motion that is 50,000 years long, so long that the incoming and outgoing sides of that "orbit" are so straight that any observation along their length, both the coming and going would have to concede that they were as straight as railroad tracks and no determination can be made about how long in time and distance they can be.

Determinations about the orbit can only be made as the comet come into our system, as the comet sets up its approach and departure from the sun. That is all scientists have to judge upon. Those determinations mean little about the distance/time of the motion. The perihelion is a chosen course as the comet pilot, knowing his job, sets about inserting the comet deep into the sun's gravity well with the desire to have the body exit the sun's forces on a heading that takes it exactly back the way it came in.

As natural objects, there is no way that long-period comets would ever have such slim and exceedingly precise motions. Those ain't orbits. It is all a lie to hide the truth from you. (Short-period comets are another matter entirely.)

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observer19

Well, I call them cometships and won't spend the time to explain that theory at the present time. But big rocks can make decent deep spaceships.

I do want to make a statement about this more or less official "50,000-year orbit" it supposedly has. Think in terms of such a motion being no-way roundish as we tend to think of "orbits." Think of one of those little, round toothpicks. Picture one of the pointed ends of the toothpick. That is one end of the passage, the perihelion, where the sun is at. Next, think about a motion that is 50,000 years long, so long that the incoming and outgoing sides of that "orbit" are so straight that any observation along their length, both the coming and going would have to concede that they were as straight as railroad tracks and no determination can be made about how long in time and distance they can be.

Determinations about the orbit can only be made as the comet come into our system, as the comet sets up its approach and departure from the sun. That is all scientists have to judge upon. Those determinations mean little about the distance/time of the motion. The perihelion is a chosen course as the comet pilot, knowing his job, sets about inserting the comet deep into the sun's gravity well with the desire to have the body exit the sun's forces on a heading that takes it exactly back the way it came in.

As natural objects, there is no way that long-period comets would ever have such slim and exceedingly precise motions. Those ain't orbits. It is all a lie to hide the truth from you. (Short-period comets are another matter entirely.)

The orbit your describing, is that like a rubber band stretched out type of line? I'm visual and was trying to make sure I was visualizing that correctly.
Also, per your view, could it possibly be an alien visit or fly by?
And one last question about the 50,000 year orbit. Don't they track comets like haley's comet with the same mathematics and with that formula be able to decipher a time of orbit prediction? Because I get that all of it is still just predictions we made. Nothing is absolute in our knowledge of the cosmos. We know too little to really know anything for sure. It's ever changing. But I did wonder about how space and time bend as well. Like how light bends in space and supposedly, as they are saying now, that the universe is actually flat, that it's the light that bends it into the oval shape we're seeing. I wondered if that would and could effect the mathematics of figuring out a comet not seen ever apparently, or a record of at least.
But I believe you're saying it's extra terrestrial, more than just a random rock flying through space. I'd like to hear a little more on that theory. Or a link to some info about it.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Isn't there something about a green comet in propheecyy

I would think that's the comet that came close around 2019 and may possibly impact around 2029-2030. The direction our world is heading with all the pedo child grooming bs, 2030 seems about right

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymatic

A gaming community no doubt would make jokes about this comet as tiberium.

Tiberium/tiberiun.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observer19

An interesting take on long period comets or interstellar visitors...
I tend to agree with you on how wrong it seems for scientists to come up with an enormous orbital period calculations to conclude as if with conviction that it travelled a long way to get here. Anything they say about these interstellar objects should be taken with a grain of salt.

There are quite a few possibilities how they ended up here. A moving planetary body could've easily bumped into the little icy rock pushing it toward our solar system or if it's really a spacerockship then there's definitely a reason for being here.

I always had a bad feeling about these rare type interstellar comets because comets are like snowballs of frozen gases, rock, and dust that continue to release toxic material even as they're quite distant from the sun.

Is it just a coincidence? that covid omicron appeared to have gotten weaker last year as many scientists had predicted then boom now the newly infected getting really sick again the number started growing rapidly since late last year in US China and Japan so is this just a omicron variant causing the dejavu all over again or there's something else new here?

I did a little research on 1918 spanish flu and yes indeed there were 2 incoming comets just prior to the start of pandemic that year.
And same again with covid, a long period comet was discovered a few months prior to the first breakout of virus in China.

It's widely known by the ancients that comet is a bringer of bad omen. They believe it'll bring plagues, floods, draughts, famine, diseases and such.

Science experts will view anyone's theory like mine as nonsense or just another psuedo science prayer worshiping but there really is comet involved in every pandemic if you do a little research on it.

edit on 8-1-2023 by Dumbdowned because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned

Mybe it is the sign of Serving the Karma indeed. Have you been notified about Saturn moving into Aquarius in Astrology?

Is that just plain coincidence or truly Divine?

The Comet can then be the activator of every individual's karma, wherein each of us will experience realities that could be different from other people (which could then be further explained by timelines merging and transcending, you know the future of 5D?).

According to what I have read so far from different prophecies, there will be signs and lots of major events did happen in the universe that we have had observed so far (e.g., Planetary alignment, Betelgeuse on the verge of Nova, red skies, green skies, Comets).

To connect them in such manner, is this the Manifestation of the Divine Justice?

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here are some of the Could Be's:

-Disease much more than Covid-19, wherein people cannot enjoy pleasure when has the ability to do so [sore throat, stuffy nose, devastated sex organ]
-Climatic Change [erratic, unpredictable, worst of the worst]
-Political disturbance [impending wars, irrational leaders, injustice]

POSSIBLE EXPLANATION:

Accordingly, the rampant climatic change, or Mother Nature being unpredictable could be one of the signs of the shifts in the realm that is happening right now. Indeed, onboarding the 5th Dimension is imminent. There are lots of YouTube videos that are saying that the Rapture is happening now.

In the end, reality will be experienced differently by individuals accordingly.

Divine Justice

Divine Justice

Divine Justice

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Isn't there something about a green comet in propheecyy

You are correct, it is referenced as "Wormwood" in the Book of Revelation.

The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many died from the water, because it was made bitter.

But why green? Well, wormwood oil, which has been used for millenia is a very deep and dark green color.

Aaaaaaaaand, mic drop.

ETA: And what does wormwood oil do to water? Makes it bitter. 2nd mic drop

A third of the waters became wormwood, and many died from the water, because it was made bitter.

edit on J06123 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

This is actually a good interpretation and takes a keen eye to notice because we have to understand that we are reading the bible in TODAYS tongue, where-by it was written in yesterdays tongue.

To us, we see the word "Green", but in the creation of the text, the word that would represent "Green" now, represented "Pale" then. We always have to go back to the root texts in Hebrew and Greek.

After all, Hebrew and Greek are the only two languages created with the thought of God, what better way to solve a esoteric question?

First and last letters of Greek/Hebrew.
Alpha-Omega - I AM
Alef-Tov - I AM

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join