It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green comet will pass by Earth for first time in 50,000 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

It has a full orbit of around 50,000 years, according to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, meaning that the last time it came so close to Earth was when Neanderthals roamed the planet

50,000 years...That's pretty notable.

The comet will be at perihelion, its closest to the sun, on Jan. 12 and at the closest to Earth on Feb. 1. 

I believe this to be the most rare comet to ever fly by Earth (that we know of, at least). But I could be wrong. This is the rarest that I remember in my lifetime.
Pretty cool!

Will be watching the sky's for this.

edit on 5-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Isn't there something about a green comet in propheecyy

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Never heard that one.
Perhaps you are thinking of the Hopi's Blue Star Kachina ?

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Biblically speaking, I'm not sure about a green comet, but your question brought the star wormwood to mind; the star that falls from the sky. But that's later in the revelation prophecy. The prophecy on the "star called wormwood" is it strikes the water and makes the water undrinkable on most of the earth.

I think I got that right. I shot from the hip with my answer and I'm half asleep. Lol
Good question tho. I'll look more into that one for ya.
aaa reply to: lostbook

edit on 6-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

Addition: 10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. (Revelation 8:10-11, ESV)

So third trumpet. So about halfway thru the whole prophecy.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
But do we need to be in steel rooms with no ventilation when it comes by, or at least not look at it so we won't go blind?

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hope there will be something for us from it.

May Allah help us in skyrocketing things through. Alhamdulillah.

Hmmm, it truly is tiring to keep on going without feeling anything for you are in a state of wakefulness. That even if you wanted to just leave, it is not permitted to do so.

This child really hopes that God will bring something for His people with that green comet. Subhanallah.

May Allah bless the journey of those in Truth, those seeking the Truth, those embodying the Truth, those who are with the Truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I saw Haley's comet and the Hale-Bopp comet in my life,so far.

I'll definitely be wanting to see this one.

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
Biblically speaking, I'm not sure about a green comet, but your question brought the star wormwood to mind; the star that falls from the sky. But that's later in the revelation prophecy. The prophecy on the "star called wormwood" is it strikes the water and makes the water undrinkable on most of the earth.

I think I got that right. I shot from the hip with my answer and I'm half asleep. Lol

Addition: 10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. (Revelation 8:10-11, ESV)

Apsinthos is wormwood in Greek. It means bitterness or calamity. It's used throughout the Bible to indicate calamity or destruction.

I'll throw this in the mix for discussion:

Rev 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The word pale in Greek is Khloros.

Which means GREEN.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Are we talking about a hale bopp type of comet or more of a little dot?

I haven't looked into it yet

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Are we talking about a hale bopp type of comet or more of a little dot?

I haven't looked into it yet

A little dot - which unless you're under very clear skies and know exactly where to look, you'll likely not be able to find ...

Nothing like Neowise in 2020 which was the last easy to see comet

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well it seems like now is as good a time as any for everyone to perish . Timely, in fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Who wants to be the first to make a new suicide/UFO cult based on this comet? :|

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I immediately thought of “Night of the Comet” a 1984 flick when I heard “green” comet. The earth passes through the tail of a comet….and it kills almost everyone. The people that are exposed but don’t die turn into zombies.

edit on 6-1-2023 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Wow, that's creepy...!

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

Wow, that's creepy...!

Yes it is, lol.

It's also known as "The Fourth Seal" and the "Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse"

I'm not saying that's what this is, it's just the first thing I thought of when I heard "Green" and posters mentioning prophecy.

Make of it what you will.

edit on 1/6/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Image of the Comet taken on 28th December by twitter user Michael Jäger.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: AOx6179

Apsinthos is wormwood in Greek. It means bitterness or calamity. It's used throughout the Bible to indicate calamity or destruction.

I'll throw this in the mix for discussion:

Rev 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The word pale in Greek is Khloros.

Which means GREEN.

Wow, great input! Very interesting..

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

In Revelations, one of the Four Horses of the Apocalypses is the "Pale" Horse.
Pale, in this regard, means a kind of sickly green.

ETA: Sorry MykeNukem, after replying to Lostbook I continued reading and see you have already hit on this.
edit on 6-1-2023 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join