It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green comet will pass by Earth for first time in 50,000 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: AOx6179
Biblically speaking, I'm not sure about a green comet, but your question brought the star wormwood to mind; the star that falls from the sky. But that's later in the revelation prophecy. The prophecy on the "star called wormwood" is it strikes the water and makes the water undrinkable on most of the earth.

I think I got that right. I shot from the hip with my answer and I'm half asleep. Lol
Good question tho. I'll look more into that one for ya.
aaa reply to: lostbook

Addition: 10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. (Revelation 8:10-11, ESV)

So third trumpet. So about halfway thru the whole prophecy.

Apsinthos is wormwood in Greek. It means bitterness or calamity. It's used throughout the Bible to indicate calamity or destruction.

I'll throw this in the mix for discussion:

Rev 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The word pale in Greek is Khloros.

Which means GREEN.

It's actually a pale green (green/yellow).

Think of it like this. What colour is Chlorine? This is where Chlorine get's its name from.

Look up the word prasinos. It's another word in Ancient Greek. In modern Greek, it's prasino.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Biblically speaking, I'm not sure about a green comet, but your question brought the star wormwood to mind; the star that falls from the sky. But that's later in the revelation prophecy. The prophecy on the "star called wormwood" is it strikes the water and makes the water undrinkable on most of the earth.

I think I got that right. I shot from the hip with my answer and I'm half asleep. Lol

Addition: 10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. (Revelation 8:10-11, ESV)

Apsinthos is wormwood in Greek. It means bitterness or calamity. It's used throughout the Bible to indicate calamity or destruction.

Rev 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Which means GREEN.

Think of it like this. What colour is Chlorine? This is where Chlorine get's its name from.

Look up the word prasinos. It's another word in Ancient Greek. In modern Greek, it's prasino.

It almost looks like en emerald green to me, but more yellowy than emerald.

Cool addition

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Which means GREEN.

like absinthe.

it's green, has wormwood, needs sugar. drink enough of it and you'll be flying through the solar system too! might even want to cut off an ear.

going through some boxes, i found a skull bottle i picked up in france that had absinthe in it.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to: MykeNukem

thanks for raising the question about χλωρος and green-horses.
You gave me a puzzle to look into.

from "The Interlinear Literal Translation of the Greek New Testament ..." by George Ricker Berry, Ph.D. ©1897 :

6:8 Καὶ εἶδον, καὶ ἰδού, ἽΠΠΟΣ ΧΛΩΡΌΣ, καὶ ὁ καθήμενος ἐπάνω αὐτοῦ ὄνομα αὐτῷ, ὁ Θάνατος, καὶ ὁ ᾅδης ἀκολουθεῖ μετ` αὐτοῦ · καὶ ἐδόθη αὐτοῖς ἐξουσία ἀποκτεῖναι ἐπὶ τὸ τέταρτον τῆς γῆς ἐν ῥομφαίᾳ καὶ ἐν λιμῷ καὶ ἐν θανάτῳ, καὶ ὑπὸ τῶν θηρίων τῆς γῆς.

[And i-saw, and behold, HORSE GREEN, and the sitting(one) upon him name to-him the Death, and the hades follows with him : and was-given to-them authority to-kill over the fourth of-the earth in sword and in famine and in death, and by the beasts of-the earth.]

from the "Cambridge Greek Lexikon" ©2021
(somewhat abbreviated) :

χλωρός, ά, όν The adj. embraces both green and yellow.
1. (of woods, plains, mountains, or sim.) green; (of leaves, plants, grass); (of wheat, wheatfields, i.e., unripe); (of wood, i.e., living).
2. (of flowers) blooming; (of cheese) fresh; (of limbs) youthful; (of blood in a hero's veins) full of life; (of blood, as an offering) freshly spilt.
3. (of honey, sand, beads of frankincense) yellow.
4. (of steel) pale, shining; (of tears, dew, drops of wine) glistening.
5. (of persons) pale, pallid (from fear, sickness, or sim.); (of fear, a personif. Death-mist).
6. (fig., of affairs) colourless, dull.

so in conclusion folks: don't concern yourselves about Green Horses. It's the Green/Yellow/Pale Death-Misty Horse we have to worry about. Nothing to see here, please move along.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: trombleforth

A lot of the recent postings here have deviated from the physical side of comets, as I attempted to do, to the prophecies and ancient beliefs about comets. It is easy to discount basic facts and reports if one simply assumes comets to be natural objects, wonderous on their uniqueness, but nevertheless, only natural things. Actually, that is exactly what science would have you believe. Do they know the truth, or are comets being treated like the UFOs of deep space, meaning; "Yeah, we see those things all of the time, but don't accept them as being important to anything physical, or even more so, our views on reality."

Let us suppose that in times past the appearance of comets had a genuine meaning and bearing upon human life at that time because they were literally "signs of the gods," meaning the ships of the gods. Then we can appreciate that they seemed to disturb humanity in unlikely ways.

Accept the whole package, comets are repurposed natural asteroids that travel between stars at hyper velocities but slow to fit natural parameters of physics as then come into the sun.

OK, you say, but do they have real meaning to us? Are they here for a purpose? Your best answer/clue on that multiple prong question is best found if you accept UFO abduction accounts as legitimate and get from them that the ETs are here to guide us to a better understanding of who we are and our destiny...which is maybe questionable at this point.

The coming of the UFO in numbers since we started messing with the nuclear materials is reason enough for our occasional visitors to want to "right" the ship of humanity that is currently sinking. We cannot be allowed to become a threat to the cosmos. There is a general cosmic law and our Star Wars mentality is a growing danger.

Let's add this up: Comets are unique bodies that defy much of what we expect from nature, but our scientists tell us not to worry.... Yet, they don't, as with UFOs, want to tell what they know to be true. The historical data, myths and prophecies have meaning, are tell-tail signs of what was and what is to be.... The powers-that-be want you to be aware of none of that and they deny even the possibilities of connections of the old with the new. Lastly, the world is slowly sliding into a multi-sided turmoil that will end current humanity and allow for the NWO/The Reset/the Wokeness we keep hearing about.

Finally, the larger world governments know exactly what will be happening, and they can do nothing but attempt to control their own dismantling of our world as they have been commanded to do by the real Masters of the Universe.

Ending on a positive note, Earth is getting a new improved model of humanity!

edit on 9-1-2023 by Observer19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

they saw what they believed to be a star fall from sky (wormwood)
from people living hundreds maybe thousands of years ago

could have been a meteor, or SATELLITE leaking toxic rocket fuel, or radiation
since many military ones use nuclear thermal batteries

now,... if,, the earths magnetic field shuts down, will satelites fall??

prophecy says dragons tail scoops up stars that fall to earth
so,,, maybe a chinese missile satellite kiiller? or other space weapon,
since real stars are much more massive than earth....

or could those stars be nuclear missiles and warheads looking like falling stars?

thousands of starlink satelites very close to earth could fall
or
SPACEJUNK with lots of leftover toxic fuel falling to earth?

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why can't people let a fancy rock sighting be just that, a fancy rock sighting

There's always gotta be the possibility of an epic reason behind the event.
Don't let me stand in your way though, actually find myself chuckling at all
the bs you guys come up with

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Does this mean it will be visible without a telescope on Feb 1?

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicMysteries

That's what it's saying, yes. We should be able to see it with the naked eye when it passes by Earth Feb 1. I recommend binoculars if you have them.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
1918 was after a vaccination program as well if IRC. a reply to: Dumbdowned

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicMysteries

If you have very clear skies and good eyesight, you may be able to see it as a very faint star .... Not exactly the most spectacular comet of recent years!

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16742769695997&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Some more info on the comet.

The comet has been steadily gaining brightness and will make its closest approach on Feb. 2, when it comes within 26.4 million miles of the planet — 110 times the distance to the moon. From the Northern Hemisphere, the comet is likely to be faintly visible to the naked eye.

But you don’t have to wait until February to spot this visitor. The coming weekend may offer favorable viewing opportunities with a pair of binoculars when the new moon creates darker skies.

The comet is known as C/2022 E3 (Z.T.F.) because astronomers discovered it in March 2022 using a telescope on Palomar Mountain in California called the Zwicky Transient Facility (or Z.T.F.).

C/2022 E3 (Z.T.F.), for example, is now glowing green because ultraviolet radiation from the sun is absorbed by a molecule in the comet called diatomic carbon — that is, two carbon atoms fused together. The reaction emits green light

I did not know that. Cool!
www.chemeurope.com...
I provided a link to diatomic carbon.
And lastly:

Comet C/2022 E3 (Z.T.F.) made its closest approach to the sun on Jan. 12, and the comet is now steadily brightening as it swings toward the Earth. While the comet won’t pass us until Feb. 2, it is already nearly visible to the naked eye — an encouraging sign for viewing opportunities, said Mike Kelley, an astronomer at the University of Maryland and the co-lead of the solar system working group at the Zwicky Transient Facility

edit on 20-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The excitement builds!

How to Watch: www.foxnews.com...

Who reported it 50,000 years ago?

Maybe we really were more advanced in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join