It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Has a Soul Around You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Everybody has one, or nobody does.

...People that lack a spark in their eyes. People that didn’t seem completely right.
People that lack humanity…

If you look closely you'll find a lot of people skirting burn-outs and depression (more than 50%, a 2 out of 3 probably), which is imho why they appear to engage less with their environment. And that comes more out of too much sensitivity for the world/society we created and not a 'too little' or 'no' of anything.

Aside from it being a despicable road to go down, a superiority that can't be proven or disproven and will eventually only lead to you declaring everybody else as 'disposable'.
I wouldn't go there.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Your perception sounds more advanced than mine in our everyday normal state. The only thing I did was to meditate for three months (practically non stop whilst on leave) to lower the noise level of my mind. Which allowed the subtle communications that would otherwise be lost in the minds background noise, to be heard at a conscious level. I believe it is our normal state. Nothing special about it at all. Thing is, the world is incredibly noisy. Its hard to keep the mind at rest in a garbage bin of noise. Perhaps in the mountains of Tibet it be far easier.

I would strongly suggest that you should try attain those higher states of awareness.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
people around you that are soulless who would they be.
I bet you can instantly pick out at least a few immediately!

Described as,
Having carnal priorities where
others have spiritual priorities.
Opposites of each other, that often
end badly, as in predators and victims.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I thought it was ridiculous

until I really thought

Really thought?

about people around me

Yep - point outward instead of looking inward...

who I would consider soulless…

Yep - must be them that are souless? - right? No-way that it could possibly be you?

PS: no offence - food for thought
edit on 2-1-2023 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I find it interesting that people are taking offense to a simple question.
Calling it “despicable” or “disproven”.
OF course it is, some of you have no imagination whatsoever? Perhaps some of “us” ponder things more than “others”…
The meaning of life, the afterlife, humanity, etc.

The Bible says only so many will go to heaven… Maybe it’s because there are only so many real souls?

Anyone see Westworld… perhaps more reality than fiction?

No need to get your panties in a bunch if you have dead non sparkling eyes, maybe getting offended is all you’ve been programmed to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Well my post was the humanist approach. You seem to be offended by beging called one of everybody.
That's not 'deep thinking' what you're doing, like ever in anything you post on ATS, it's always nothing but outrage about your fellow humans.

Soooo it you want to go to heaven and the Bible is your code, I'd say you might want to work on that, humility, love your next etc....

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

I have had those sorts of experiences but in general try to keep my awareness of those levels rather dampened. When I focus to much on what is going on around me, it is very painful and it is a pain I have lived with for most of my life. I have practice and intuition that I can rely on when I am looking for insights but can very easily become distracted or feel overwhelmed by too much information. Balance is a lesson in this life for me, so I do my best to try a keep grounded most of the time.

No rush however, I feel having a healthy relationship with higher states comes gradually as someone practices responsibility with where they are at.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   
6 years ago, i was diagnosed as "Borderline Personality Disorder".

the diagnosis really helped clarify the narrative of my entire life... BPD is largely the failure of a person to develop a centralized identity, and so also the inability to connect the consequences of a person's feelings and actions to that identity.

in other words, i am not able to feel love towards others nor to receive love from them. i do have an objective sense of right/wrong, but when i do the right or wrong thing, i get no feedback from my "soul"... i feel neither good nor bad.

i am actually okay with the description of myself as having "no soul". it seems unfair to me that i have been such a profound failure in life, but it makes sense. i would be absolutely fine with disappearing into the void when i die, because a void is all that i have ever been.

but i definitely think you should not be so flippant about identifying others as not having a soul. seems pretty dangerous what with your other fingers pointing back at you. up to my mid-thirties i had convinced myself that i was a member of the elite few, until one day i realized that i was certainly not.

"soulless" is a wrenching condition, and probably a very common one too.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

You poor puppy. I assure you, you too have a soul. Emotions aren't a requisite for that. Even though I'd assume it's a survival mechanism, you walled yourself in very early, but if there is a metaphysical judge, he'd know that about you, heck I'd even go that far and say it's part of your assignment.
But I don't really want to bother you with my beliefs.
What I really want you to know is:

If a trait is a virtue or curse,
Is only decided by how we use it.

It might turn out as huge advantage in this day and age where everybody stumbles around from puddle of outrage to the trap of self-righteousness to the pit of hostility.
But you're still
One of us

Born and raised
Human of Earth

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Ego death

I posted something about this a few days ago in another thread. So I'm going to copy/paste the relevant part into here

The thoughts you are describing are part of a common process that takes place within various forms of spiritual catharsis, rites of illumination, or ascension

It is part of awakening to an understanding of the primary truth, which is that "self" is the only knowable "Truth" in this world

And that others are only ever knowable as relative truth, to this primary truth

I'll explain the basics of it:

The primary truth is:

The only thing you can ever know for certain in this world is that you exist
Everything else is up for debate

Personal belief is not the same as knowing

You are then taught to understand, that beyond this it is impossible to define anything in this world as “truth”

They exist only as relative truths, relatable to the experience of the primary truth, self

As you can never fully know or experience another persons mind, body and conscious, as if it were your own, you can never say them for certainty to be a “truth”, in the same way you can, knowing yourself

Hence why they are “relative” truths

The essence of the understanding is, that though you can never know them for certain, to a be a truth in the same way you know yourself, you must assume them to be

Because regardless of whether they are a true conscious in their own right, or they exist only as part of the collective consciousness through which you experience this world, they are a condition upon which your truth reflects within this world

Which makes them as real, as you are

Regardless of if they are a whole and complete “conscious”, or just part of the collective “consciousness”

“Real”, not “Truth”

You must afford them (and respect them) the same courtesies and considerations that you would yourself

In many cases, more so than yourself. Because they represent the potential of who we could be. They can be the best, or worst of us. Something determined by our interactions, which shapes who we are as a person

The considerations as to whether or not they are a true “soul” individual person and conscious, like your own, is initially confusing

During initiation, many will go through a quite lonely process of desolation. Where they may/might find themselves doubting the existence of anyone and anything around them

Eventually, you come to the understanding, that what they are does not matter

All that you feel, is all that is real
Don't let anybody take that
You're alive

“They are, as they are. And they will be, as they need be”
“They are a likeness. They will be, that which they are like”

This is the essence of what is often referred to as stripping of the ego, or "ego death"

It is less about a sense of self, than it is about understanding that identity is a relative construct, which holds little importance

“I am, what I am
You are, what you are”

There is no truth beyond this

If you were to strip someone famous of their identity, would you find them lacking as a person?

The lesson is that "who" or "what" we are, matters little when it comes to the substance and/or worth of the individual, and/or their "souls"

What we are, and who we are
Is that which we do

We are the sum of our actions. Nothing more

But an important thing to consider is that the word "Soul" is a vastly misunderstood concept

All you need to be considered as having a "soul", is a conscious understanding of self

Anyone, or anything (man, woman, animal, or otherwise) which understands "need, want, love and pain", and is able to reflect upon themselves in order to meet these understandings, has a "soul"

A dog that knows it is hungry and needs to eat, has a sense of self, and therefore has a "soul"

It is nothing more than the understanding:

"I am ... And I need"

What you are describing with glazed over eyes and things such as this, falls more into the category of "catharsis"

Things such as repressed emotion and fear

All of this falls under two categories

"Love" and "Pain"

All of us in this world live under, and by, one or the other

In order to choose love, many repress pain

Adults that repress a great deal of pain, often have black or glazed over eyes

Likewise, you will often see light pouring from childrens eyes as they cry, Which is, essentially, them bleeding love. It is, initially, the only way that young children know how to deal with pain. Produce more love. Until later, they learn anger and mistrust

Alignment, is another consideration, which makes them appear, many times, as though they are calculatedly and intentionally against you in many ways

This is prevalent in things like the phenomena of "Gang stalking"

But this is nothing more than basic polarisation

It is, basically, the world becoming aware of you, as you become aware of it

Think of it like the Earths immune system, targeting you. But it is not yet sure whether you are a sickness, or a cure. So it quarantines you, in the way you can interact with others and the world around you

The less you push, the less pain you experience

The cure is emotional catharsis

You need to let go of any repressed pain, emotion and fear you are holding on to. Even the stuff you do not realise you are holding on to

When you do this, the alignment of the scales tip in favour

The Egyptian scales with the heart being measured against the feather

You need to lighten your heart, or the boat does not go anywhere you want it to go

What you carry in pain, determines where the boat goes

My point is, that they are as real as you are. If by nothing else, than the fact you are interacting with them

Everything else is relative and unimportant. Only how you choose to interact with them

How do you act when you think that nobody is watching? Are you still a good person?

How do you treat people when you think that they may not even be real? Are you still good to them? Even when there seems like there may be no point?

Understand?

That is what is important
edit on 3 1 23 by Compendium because: Added something and edited formatting

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Nah, it's not that. My brother-in-law agrees with me in the ideology department, but he's also verging on NPC territory.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I feel that the level of one's awareness in a spiritual sense has to do with the work they practice putting in. I had been really judgmental and condescending to others when I was younger, and my attitude interfered with my ability to perceive the spiritual world.

It's a personal journey as someone learns about themselves.Some take a structured approach depending on their belief system, for others it is a completely intuitive process.

I would say that trauma and negative experiences often result in blockages to someone's energy system. These blockages limit the ability for someone to perceive in a spiritual sense. Fortunately with time, experiencing love, and doing work on one's self much healing can occur. When the energy flows more freely then it becomes easier to perceive in a spiritual sense.

I think you’re right.

Traumatic experiences make people lean more heavily on their “fight or flight” instincts - which is pure, primal, earth human stuff.

Blockage is a fine way to put it. I think of it more as a lack of awareness that’s compounded by people not seeing the value in spiritual connection - most are ego-centric beings who aren’t wired to think beyond themselves, or. Understand more deeply what “they”.

My personal journey on this front began a few years ago. It’s a journey that never ends. However, I’ve learned a number of things that your “average person” may not even entertain:
- we live in a conscious-driven universe.
- sentient life, in one form or fashion, shares this consciousness.
- “humanity” is different than being physically human.
- Your “gut feeling”, when that feeling gives a high conviction, is a connection to your consciousness.
- One must work to master their fight or flight mechanism, emotional reactions, and objectively view themselves and humanity.

Amongst other points.

Fascinating and highly important subject here.

The answers all lie within.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I think trauma can also be seen as 'breaking down' a catalyst to 'break through', depends a little on what else is already there, personality is much more than 'learned' or copied behaviour.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"I suspect everyone does have a “soul” but very few are connected to it - instead operating in a very primal way."

I do hope you are right. That means correction is possible. That be an aim I can drive harder for. Thank You

Cheers, glend.

The correcting can begin the moment someone realizes that their thinking brain and body are not “who they are”.

Until people realize their brain is just an advanced computer than runs the body, the body is just a form to physically engage this universe, and “you” are your consciousness that never dies… we’ll be stuck here.

All of the hate, division, and tribalism we have propagated in the last handful of years only serves to feed the primal ways - and takes humanity farther away from understanding itself, what matters, and how truly connected we all are.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford
Putting all religious connotations aside, I do notice some people seem like there's "nobody home".
I don't think it has anything to do with a soul or not. People are very preoccupied, sometimes with meaningless flim-flam, other times with nothing at all.
Probably has something to do with over-connectedness via the internet and gadgets. Does a number on the psyche.

I think it has something to do with benzodiazepine. We're over medicated people and they cannot make clear decisions and go it on Auto-Pilot.

This is something like the original nazi intent to put fluoride in the water supply. The intent was to make people docile and do what they were told and nothing more. Benzo does it better than fluoride, but mix them and you have souless vessels running on Auto Pilot.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

My personal journey on this front began a few years ago. It’s a journey that never ends. However, I’ve learned a number of things that your “average person” may not even entertain: - we live in a conscious-driven universe. - sentient life, in one form or fashion, shares this consciousness. - “humanity” is different than being physically human. - Your “gut feeling”, when that feeling gives a high conviction, is a connection to your consciousness. - One must work to master their fight or flight mechanism, emotional reactions, and objectively view themselves and humanity.

I love this and share this belief, especially the “humanity is different than being physically human” part!
I also believe that journey changes at different parts of your life.
Maybe as you get older, get quieter, the understanding/journey becomes almost complete.

The other thing I’ve pondered, is what if people that are closest to understand what you’ve described (and more)
Are “finished” with their earth lesson and that is why people die at different times…

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Thank you for starting another thought provoking thread.

I do not know the answer to your question. At this point, when I look back on my own experiences working on connecting with our soul, it definitely feels like I have had to let go or had a part of me die to myself in order to learn more about those I care about around me.

Belated Happy New Year's Miss!

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

One thing that I quickly thought of when I think soulless…
School shooters, people that hurt kids, or animals.

A particular child I once knew. He was born into an upper middle class family.
Plenty of support, and no outward abuse that anyone would know of. Siblings were perfectly fine. A strong family unit.

That child ENJOYED hurting animals, ENJOYED collecting bones of dead animals. He once even tried to kill his sister at a very young age. His eyes were what I call soulless. Maybe some just called them disturbed.

Also on another note, these thoughts about souls or no souls or even dissipated souls have been around a long time.
Here

The Ancient Egyptians believed the soul had three parts, the ka, the ba, and the akh.
The ka and ba were spiritual entities that everyone possessed, but the akh was an entity reserved for only the select few that were deserving of maat kheru.

The Akh The akh, another spiritual entity which “was the transfigured spirit that survived death and mingled with the gods.”[18] One source explained that the akh was only allowed to individuals whose souls were worthy because they were good people in their past lives. Condemned criminals did not have proper burials and their real names were buried with them. So it was believed criminals could not survive in the Afterlife and the criminal could not become or have an akh.[2] “An akh is the blessed or ‘transfigured’ soul of a person who died and whose soul had been judged by Osiris and found maat kheru- justified. An akh was an effective spirit, one could still influence events in this world.”[2] The akh and ka were believed to need a preserved body and tomb in order to exist.

edit on 3-1-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I really enjoy reading about the Ancient Egyptians and what their ideas were about the world around them.

I understand that there very well could be those out there who may not have a soul, but in my personal experience have not met anyone I recognize in that way. I am practising my lessons and working on becoming a grown up in a spiritual sense just like any other. It is fascinating for me to hear others ideas about this, and I do not consider my perspective to be the "truth" of the matter. It's just my experience and what I think about what I feel following in the footsteps of my older family and people I look up to.

It is really cool to discuss this topic, it can be very sensitive depending on what someone has gone through, so I am really enjoying hearing everyone's take on this. It is not really a topic to bring up at the water cooler in the office or while waiting in line with your neighbours at 711.

I have notice those who seem to take pleasure in others pain. I feel that there can be physical problems that tend to make it easier for someone to fall into that trap, but even then it is not permission to hurt others on purpose.

I believe there are those who have these kinds of problems, often labelled as sociopaths or psychopaths who do not succumb to this side of themselves and go about living life in a more humane fashion. This is strictly my opinion and how many of those types that overcome that and live relatively normal lives is a complete unknown to me. I do feel that for those who do, it is the result of them doing the same kind of work everyone else does.

In Gnostic writings and elsewhere, there is a line of thought that individuals can be looked at as having varying levels of spiritual awareness to do with the lessons they are working on realizing in their lives. Numerology tends to suggest the same. Someone does not need to be aware of their spiritual nature necessarily, in order for others to recognize it in them.

edit on 3-1-2023 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Who Has a Soul Around You

Do people with schizophrenia or multipersonality disorder have more than one soul or do they divide up the one they have into sections?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join