It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Has a Soul Around You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey friends, hope you all had a great Holiday Season.
I was out of state and read something very interesting.

There is a theory that only some of us have souls and everyone else is somewhat just programmed like a play.
I thought it was ridiculous until I really thought about people around me and who I would consider soulless…

It was almost too easy… People that lack a spark in their eyes. People that didn’t seem completely right.
People that lack humanity…

Go ahead and think about it. If the theory is true and you had to identify people around you that are soulless who would they be.
I bet you can instantly pick out at least a few immediately!

Maybe a coworker, or “that” friend, or maybe even a family member?

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure most people have a soul. But I think it's more about your alignment to the "source." If you are far out of alignment then your soul's spark may be buried beneath all the distortion, for lack of a better word, but the more you are in alignment to source, the more vibrant, loving and life-like you are.

And I think there are some things, certain deeds, that might cause the soul to withdraw from you, but if you change and seek alignment then I think it can be restored.

I think the ritual abuse that is talked about so often (or torture resulting in a fragmented psyche) is an attempt to disconnect people from their soul so they are better puppets -- with seemingly no conscience. But being disconnected doesn't necessarily mean completely gone. You disconnect your wifi, but with one choice you can connect again, or call that part of yourself back.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 2/1/23 by DwindlingHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Putting all religious connotations aside, I do notice some people seem like there's "nobody home".
I don't think it has anything to do with a soul or not. People are very preoccupied, sometimes with meaningless flim-flam, other times with nothing at all.
Probably has something to do with over-connectedness via the internet and gadgets. Does a number on the psyche.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Old-ish concept: Gamers refer to souless as NPC (Non-Payable Characters)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Hey friends, hope you all had a great Holiday Season.
I was out of state and read something very interesting.

There is a theory that only some of us have souls and everyone else is somewhat just programmed like a play.
I thought it was ridiculous until I really thought about people around me and who I would consider soulless…

It was almost too easy… People that lack a spark in their eyes. People that didn’t seem completely right.
People that lack humanity…

Go ahead and think about it. If the theory is true and you had to identify people around you that are soulless who would they be.
I bet you can instantly pick out at least a few immediately!

Maybe a coworker, or “that” friend, or maybe even a family member?

I believe that people who don’t agree with me politically don’t have souls. It’s just common sense.

I think most people here on ATS will agree with me

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Souls, if you show me yours I’ll show you mine 😃

My souls really nice, its got all the slimy characteristics of a rotten log in a swamp yet refined enough to show off all the tetanus induced rust cuts you would expect from a fine soul like mine and it gets better with age.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I have no spark in my eyes because the last three years were so depressing. Maybe I have no soul. At this point I don't even care. I don't lack humanity, but caring and trying to do the right thing made most I know turn on me. Hard to relate at this point.

It's an interesting question though.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Jag. I first encountered this ''theory'' when I was 22, 54 years ago. That, as you say, is an interesting idea, that some of us are running around with souls while others are not. It can lead to the idea that only I have a soul while all those around me are not which of course would leave me alone in this world with everyone else is a mere simulacrum. While this certainly is a possibility, I recognized the danger in thinking like this and abandoned that whole line of existential considerations.

That idea that some of us do while others of us do not then lead me into an even more existential conundrum wondering if maybe I was one that was running around with no soul and while only believing that I did. Very Cartesian in the end.

So, maybe all of us do as some religions tell us but there is also the possibility that NONE of us do and we are all just running around with no sense if existence past the dying of our bodies. I didn't like that last one at all so figured that if that is the case, then what did it matter anyway, other than to set anyone who realizes it into the realm of Dahmer style approach to life with no rules or established morals other than me first, whatever I want to do because I and no one else have souls to bother about, we are all just hunks of animal meat. So no, not that one.

So then I came into the thoughts of If I do have a soul, how much of me is that soul, or for that matter, how much of anyone is their soul? So, as you mention above, there is this observation that many of us do seem to be running around merely by rote, simply running patterns unconsciously from day to day, being almost all automatic response and reaction meat machines. That is clearly a possibility. Not me though, not me.

But wait, how could I miss those non-thinking things that I do, over and over with no thought. Am I not myself, running patterns, running habits living out programs developed from childhood and on up though my ages until now, I find myself nothing more than a collection of habits and unconscious action?

So, for me it's what degree of myself is just that, meat programs and what degree is if any, really possible of qualifying to be conscious. There's the rub. Because If there is a soul, is that not what would pass along into the next life? Would it be just our patterns of existence that would continue into the next life or would it be that aspect of ourselves that is conscious and not just unconscious role playing.

So far, in my case at least, the jury is still out. Deliberating, wondering if I have anything about me that would like to be my surfboard on the swell of the next big wave that it is hoped we have in store for us.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am aware of this idea, but have yet to meet anybody who I felt had no soul. I feel it is a matter of perspective. NPC sorts of behaviour in other may give someone the idea that there is something "off" with somebody, however all the individuals I have met had spirit even if it was not obvious at first.

For those who seemed to be somewhat shallow in the "soul less" sense, I found that watching them and some of there behaviours was encouraging. I think that some people are more or less aware of their spiritual nature of that often individuals express it to varying degrees. For example, perhaps someone comes across as behaving sort of NPC. Then one day there is a staff party or something and there is pizza out. Many will grab at least a couple of slices at once, even if there is plenty of food. Then you notice that person grabs a single slice, showing some thoughtfulness for others. There are many other small examples of those kinds of behaviours that are not noticed depending how they are looked at.

edit on 2-1-2023 by dffrntkndfnml because: Added second paragraph to add more to the discussion

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Never heard the theory but know many people are totally void of any conscious communication through the spiritual gateway whatsoever. They appear to be totally void, like walking shells. Perhaps their minds have created a darkness so impenetrable that their soul cannot see the light of day through all that darkness.

The only alternative explanation I can think of is that we exist in a heightened dream. Some are real players whereas others are not.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Hi Glend, I was wondering if these people you describe are ones that you saw, or were they individuals who you actually spent some time with who gave you this impression? I have met some who strike me as being vampires of one kind or another but not completely void.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Ummm…you act as if your soul is somehow…other than you…

Rather…you are your soul…it’s the animating factor within the construct…that which animates is consciousness…

The constructs purpose is to host consciousness…you do know that consciousness can consciously step beyond the body…purposely disengaging itself…?

However…I’ve often pondered that I’m the only true consciousness extant experiencing this existence and the rest of you merely NPC’s role playing…

Of course…any good AI NPC…would be programmed to think that experiencing existence is realism…

Still…a soul would merely be a Tron disk in that event…a get out of simulation free card…essentially a free ranging sim that breaks the fourth wall…

Or…not…

YouSir

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

To explain I will go into a little more detail. Many years ago, after months of full time meditation, the firewall of my local consciousness temporarily broke down. Allowing me access to the universal consciousness. From the universal consciousness we can "hear" thoughts of others through the spiritual gateway, as if they are our own thoughts, yet with kind of different type of color to distinguish source. Of cause, I played with that new found consciousness a little on people around me. Majority, just strangers, some on trains etc. About 70% were totally void of any communication whatsoever. It wasn't a subtle feeling or impression at all, but in my face. I felt it was important for me to know why, but never did find an answer. It has bugged me ever since. I suspect Compendium, if he is around, also has accessed the universal consciousness. He is likely to be far less clueless than me.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

To explain I will go into a little more detail. Many years ago, after months of full time meditation, the firewall of my local consciousness temporarily broke down. Allowing me access to the universal consciousness. From the universal consciousness we can "hear" thoughts of others through the spiritual gateway, as if they are our own thoughts, yet with kind of different type of color to distinguish source. Of cause, I played with that new found consciousness a little on people around me. Majority, just strangers, some on trains etc. About 70% were totally void of any communication whatsoever. It wasn't a subtle feeling or impression at all, but in my face. I felt it was important for me to know why, but never did find an answer. It has bugged me ever since. I suspect Compendium, if he is around, also has accessed the universal consciousness. He is likely to be far less clueless than me.

I really like this take. I’ve had a similar experience.

My working take on this matter is that the truth lies in the middle. What I mean by that is, I suspect everyone does have a “soul” but very few are connected to it - instead operating in a very primal way.

I personally think your 70% number is right about having little connection to the soul and/or collective consciousness. But, I could say that “back of the napkin”, that 7/10 people wouldn’t really know what to do with the topic of this thread, or have explored it deeply at all. So that checks out.

This begs the question - why are some of us aware of this and others aren’t?

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Thank you for elaborating. I have also experienced altered states where I have heard others thoughts around me and also noticed that some were silent. I am not very good with colours or disciplined exploring consciousness as I could be. I am able to feel energy however.

I sometimes wonder if in certain parts of the world, individuals perceive others more like this.I appreciate you adding to your description.

edit on 2-1-2023 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I feel that the level of one's awareness in a spiritual sense has to do with the work they practice putting in. I had been really judgmental and condescending to others when I was younger, and my attitude interfered with my ability to perceive the spiritual world.

It's a personal journey as someone learns about themselves.Some take a structured approach depending on their belief system, for others it is a completely intuitive process.

I would say that trauma and negative experiences often result in blockages to someone's energy system. These blockages limit the ability for someone to perceive in a spiritual sense. Fortunately with time, experiencing love, and doing work on one's self much healing can occur. When the energy flows more freely then it becomes easier to perceive in a spiritual sense.

edit on 2-1-2023 by dffrntkndfnml because: cleaned up grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   

best you can do is be nice to a guy.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Is a soul just personality?

Ideas and thoughts circulating around the question of free will...
Non of it happens in a vacuum and I'm yet to see anything new under the sun. Given enough time everyone begins coming to similar thoughts depending on what influence/ideas they've been subjected to.

I liked the dream idea though, consciousness does have an awareness feel about it that's somewhat dream like.

Maybe we're all NPCs slowly breaking out of the matrix while the darn thing insists on anaesthetising us.

I kind of expect people to act like NPCs in public too tbh. We're taught to fit in at a very young age and anything outside the norm is discouraged. If a soul is just personality I'm definitely not expecting others to express good traits in a somewhat negative environment.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

"I suspect everyone does have a “soul” but very few are connected to it - instead operating in a very primal way."

I do hope you are right. That means correction is possible. That be an aim I can drive harder for. Thank You

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I feel like the soul slowly either accumulates or dissipates based off the totality of one’s existence.

It can be nurtured and grown into a giant towering presence or starved and desiccated into a hollow void. It can be mediocre as well.

The eyes often tell the tale, the windows to the soul some say. We all have met individuals who have this real tangible energy about them a true presence that inspires those around them and they spread joy with ease.

We have all also met the other side of the coin as well, people who by simply being in their proximity is enough to make you uncomfortable and unwell. Perhaps even flee.

Most people exist in the middle space. The neutral ground capable of both good and bad on a daily bases.

We all have souls it’s how we tend them that’s the trick.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join