It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will only bathe once a week and like it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Really? I'm not saying we have to bathe every single day, but

I will not be swayed by French platitudes.

What's next, are we going to start eating bugs?

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford
What next? Brush your teeth once a month to save water? Just rinse after you eat? Boycott toothpaste!
I've heard all about the "showers make your skin dry" stuff, never cared. If I feel like a shower, I'll take one. It's relaxing.
If I don't feel like it, I don't.
Nobody tells me what to do!
Meanwhile, wealthy people fill up a gallon of spring in a Golden Goblet, take one sip then toss the rest onto the hot pavement...

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It's time to give TPTB something to think about

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Really? I'm not saying we have to bathe every single day, but have we devolved so much that "bath credits," bathe houses and public bathing could be in our future?

I am, and in a post covid world it's all the more necessary.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I also recall reading a story where a man was bathing every day and was having quite a few skin problems so he continued to bathe every day but stopped using soap and all his skin problems were rectified, after a supposed 'stinky transition' period. (There are many positive cases online of people who stopped using soap)

More enticingly, after going through an admittedly uncomfortable, and yes, stinky transition, soap-strikers say they no longer experience body odor. "Our skin and scalp produce a lot more oil when we're constantly washing that oil away," Sarah Ballantyne explained. "Over time, my skin has adjusted. I don't smell," the author added in an interview with The Guardian. Most people like the Paleo Mom just rinse in the shower, focusing on areas that tend to get dirty. It's important to note, though, that Ballantyne remains a firm believer in the importance of hand washing as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Read More: www.thelist.com...

I also recall reading where a doctor suggested that if your lips are dry try moisturizing with oils from your body.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

For the romans going to a bathhouse (Thermen) was a daily ritual.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
a reply to: jerryznv

For the romans going to a bathhouse (Thermen) was a daily ritual.

Not if you were a Roman slave stoking the fires in the furnaces to heat the water!

Of course not all slaves worked in the furnace rooms!

Apodyterium
This is the changing room, your entry into the baths. An apodyterium had cubicles or shelves where you could tuck away your clothing and other belongings while you bathed. Leaving belongings behind unprotected was a risk, of course, for one of the most common visitors to the Roman baths apparently was thieves.

Privately owned slaves, or one hired at the baths, called a capsarius, would watch your belongings while you enjoyed the pleasures of the baths. One Roman schoolbook quotes a wealthy young Roman schoolboy who entered the baths, leaving his slave behind in the apodyterium. Master reminded slave: "Do not fall asleep, on account of the thieves."

If you were wealthy, you might even bring more than one slave along, as parading your slaves at the baths was a way to show your elevated social status.

Roman Bathhouses
edit on 3-1-2023 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Woven into to these poorly conceived ideas masquerading as “environmentally friendly” is often a control based “one size fits all” agenda, with a touch debachery thrown in (public bathing) what could go wrong there !

Sure, saving water is the way to go, not polluting it surely, recycling great too ! Stupid ideas like this one however seems just a further insult, even subjugation, of hard working blue collar workers, lol, who need regular bathing. All bad for kids too, who also need daily bathing, usually done in the evenings as a way to wind down for the evening and develop good habits.

Meanwhile collecting rain water is actually illegal in some places !

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

in the 70s it was family bathing together, ie us kids together, parents together in the bath then the bathwater used to water the plants and grass..

to push it to public bathing is interesting spin, almost kinky..

if most places are like like the UK then local gov is already on its knees heating their existing buildings, many of which they'll probably be forced to close if the energy war continues..

in that environment only the fetishists would be dreaming of local gov ran bath houses to ogle at everyone else..

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

These salt crystals are the only ones that work for me and I am not smelly under my arm pits.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I think it might be personal biochemistry that makes it effective or not.

The only one that works for me is Allmay's Hypoallergenic No Fragrance.

Everything else just reeks.

I was really hoping the salt crystal would work, but alas, I'm not built for it.

Glad it works for you!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
I guess it's a personal thing.

Really tried them all, even the ones that you put on for several days. The salt crystal is the only one that gives me dry armpits for a whole day. Burns like hell after shaving though.

Make it wet and the armpit must be dry. Rub for half a minute on each side. Costs 4€ and is good for almost a year. The only downside for me is that when I drop it into the sink, it breaks.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join