It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You dont need a driving licence unless

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is interesting as it does point out the fact that officers of the law have been breaking the law by even the statements in their own manual. A with it Lawyer carries the legal precedents around with him so the officer understands the implications of breaking the law. On one particular occasion, he was pulled up for not having a driving license and no plates. He informed the officer that under the law he did not need them for the actions he was engaged in. He was hustled off to the jail and spent a night inside. The only problem was that when it went to court for unlawful arrest he sued the police department for two hundred and fifty thousand for that night in jail. This makes the point that if pulled over with lights flashing the officer has to be within his rights to do it, if not the expense to the traffic department could end up being quite horrendous. www.bitchute.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
Interestingly, I just posted over on another thread that an Illegal hit our parked vehicle, leaving us with many thousands of dollars in repairs.
He had no license, no paperwork to be in our country, no plates, no insurance, nothing. The police let him go, yet American Citizens are automatically arrested and sent to county jail with multiple charges.
I was told, 'we don't do anything to them'.
So they do not require driver's licenses, just to let all you out there know.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

This makes the point that if pulled over with lights flashing the officer has to be within his rights to do it, if not the expense to the taxpayers could end up being quite horrendous.

Fixed that for ya.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You only need a driver`s license....if you get pulled over. hehehe
Sorry, couldn`t resist.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Ronnie, when I moved to AZ I remember being told by the car insurance carrier that you really must carry extra insurance because so many people/illegals didn’t have insurance or licenses. I was shocked by that at the time.

15 years later, back in Boston, I still carry the extra coverage.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You're right.
It should be the police pensions that pay for rights violations and abuse.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You aren't driving, you are traveling, that's how I'd put it if pulled over. Still operating a motor vehicle requires a license here in Michigan, not so for walking, riding a bicycle, riding horse back or in a horse drawn carriage. The motor can be any kind, internal combustion, electric, or spring wound with a flywheel. There are similar laws for motorized water craft including those using only sails, while a row boat of up to a certain size is not registered to legally be on the water.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar
You're right about that, we have it as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: zachsquatch1
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You're right.
It should be the police pensions that pay for rights violations and abuse.

I'd prefer jail time for the offender. Why should anyone else pay for his or her mistake?

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It's all a scam...license, insurance, registration, taxes, etc...it's all about money!

The laws in place enforcing it all...well...that's all about money too!

$450 no insurance ticket...$1,000 no valid D.L...$600 expired registration...the list goes on!

Just be a good sheep and keep paying your part and you won't need to worry!

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What does uninsured motorist insurance cover?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance covers your injuries, your passengers' injuries, and damage to your vehicle if you're hit by a driver who doesn't have enough or has no auto insurance coverage. Depending on your state, uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may be separate, combined, or consist of up to four coverages:

I've been paying for it for over 20 years. It used to be a $2.00 addition (against my wishes) on my monthly auto insurance premium. I haven't checked lately and I have a different insurance company so I'm not sure what it is currently. I believe it's state policy that requires it.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The State made it their business to make sure everybody pays them for a driver's license, so I'd think about suing the State if they didn't make sure everybody obeyed their law. If they can't enforce it equally on everybody, they shouldn't be allowed to enforce it on anybody. All or nothing.
edit on 31-12-2022 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
The State made it their business to make sure everybody pays them for a driver's license, so I'd think about suing the State if they didn't make sure everybody obeyed their law. If they can't enforce it equally on everybody, they shouldn't be allowed to enforce in on anybody. All or nothing.

Imagine a world where that very "all or nothing" applied!

How many government officials would be doing life in prison (or at least a few decades)?

The fact is that government is corrupt...federal, state, local, etc...and we can see it here! You must have a valid operators license to drive a car legally...and that car must have insurance and registration to be driven legally! All of which you must pay for before you can be legal...also...while they're at it...if you don't have any of these things...we'll fine you and make you get them anyway!

Corruption at it's finest...and you need to fork over the money to play the game! How fitting!

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

16 states allow the illegals to get a driver's license. Got to get them voting don't ya know.

thehill.com...

Don't know if they have to get insurance.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

What does uninsured motorist insurance cover?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance covers your injuries, your passengers' injuries, and damage to your vehicle if you're hit by a driver who doesn't have enough or has no auto insurance coverage. Depending on your state, uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may be separate, combined, or consist of up to four coverages:

I've been paying for it for over 20 years. It used to be a $2.00 addition (against my wishes) on my monthly auto insurance premium. I haven't checked lately and I have a different insurance company so I'm not sure what it is currently. I believe it's state policy that requires it.

Yet the state doesn't require illegals to have insurance.
They have to follow none of our laws, only American Citizens have to follow the law.
Where oh where is my President Trump??

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

16 states allow the illegals to get a driver's license. Got to get them voting don't ya know.

thehill.com...

I know. The state that I live in, Illinois, is one of them. That burns me up that they don't have to provide the same paperwork/proofs of who they are, but I have to or I can't get a license.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Yet the state doesn't require illegals to have insurance.
They have to follow none of our laws, only American Citizens have to follow the law.

Yes, and that just drives me crazy. Next time I get pulled over, I'm going to say, "No habla anglais - I'm an illegal alien. You can't touch me."

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

thehill.com...

I know. The state that I live in, Illinois, is one of them. That burns me up that they don't have to provide the same paperwork/proofs of who they are, but I have to or I can't get a license.

It's one set of laws for us, a totally different set for everybody else, I don't get that.
This past summer I had to go to the NJ motor vehicle office (I made an appointment, thank God!) to renew my driver's license, (once every four years). I had to have: Social Security Card, old driver's license, marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of address, credit card, and various miscellaneous paperwork I brought just in case that wasn't enough!
In other words I had to have complete proof of my identity and proof of where I am living - and I've had a driver's license since being 17 years old for heaven's sakes, in this state.
I then had to hassle with the motor vehicle person serving me, (she wasn't sure I had enough id!) for the 'passport driver's license' - In this state you Must have a 'passport driver's license' starting in 2023, it is mandatory if you want to get onto an airplane and leave this (glorious) state. (More bs if you ask me!)
I'd love to know what paperwork these 'undocumented' people have to show, and how are they able to apply for a passport drive's license without the piles of paperwork and proof that I had to present?
LOL

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

If you have no paperwork the whole system breaks up. They have to arrest you, feed and clothe you, and for some people in the present state of the economy, they would be doing you a favor. They don't want to do that because it isn't cost-effective. They are also under a time restraint, if they think you are enjoying passing the time of day with them they soon get rid of you. When going through customs, if it looks like you want to just chat, they give you the bums rush.

edit on 31-12-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

thehill.com...

What about this new Real ID - It took me 6 months to renew my DL because someone in another state has the same name , I had to have that state clear me in writing and official seal to actually receive my DL , If I would have been pulled over I would have gotten a ticket for expired DL .

<<   2 >>

join