It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building Project and Bah Humbug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I WAS trying to complete the roof and walls to my workshop addition.

And then, Canada happened FFS.

Winter Wonderland can take a hike.

Bah Hum F'N Bug

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You mean your not used to constant sub zero temps, ripping winds and pounding snow?
Just trying to accomplish that in the regular weather at this time of year where you are is commendable and challenging.
Sorry it's not going as expected. Merry Christmas anyways!!

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
You mean your not used to constant sub zero temps, ripping winds and pounding snow?
Just trying to accomplish that in the regular weather at this time of year where you are is commendable and challenging.

Yes I am used to that, it's my working conditions for 7 months or so per year, lol.

It's just that builders hope that you can beat the weather. Hope shattered, I lost.

Merry Christmas bro, hope you have a rockin Christmas!

I'll STILL finish it within the month, but it's gonna suck a bit now, lol.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

Yes I am used to that, it's my working conditions for 7 months or so per year, lol.

It's just that builders hope that you can beat the weather. Hope shattered, I lost.

Merry Christmas bro, hope you have a rockin Christmas!

I'll STILL finish it within the month, but it's gonna suck a bit now, lol.

I have no doubt you will get it framed up as soon as you do a little snow removal!
Have a healthy, prosperous and Rockin' New Year!

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
I WAS trying to complete the roof and walls to my workshop addition.

And then, Canada happened FFS.

Winter Wonderland can take a hike.

Bah Hum F'N Bug

LOL Merry Christmas MykeNukem

yep nothing bugs me like a non-finished project

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think you are missing the larger picture here. There are many mistakes you could have made, had to tried to tackle this today. Because of the snow, you can now grab a cold beer (don't worry, if it's not cold now, it will be) and walk around the project thinking about how efficiently you will work once the snow melts and wood dries out. If you don't have any building epiphanies, switch to bourbon. You are welcome.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That’s just a light dusting!

Merry Christmas Myke!

a reply to: MykeNukem

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
That’s just a light dusting!

Merry Christmas Myke!

Yea, I know, I was just hoping for a few days extra.

Merry Christmas bro.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Look at the bright side: Thanks to the weather, you don't have to worry about finding an excuse to procrastinate today.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I work long hours in summer and have to squeeze my building projects in when it's dry sometime between fall and winter. Fall came early for two years and the chores are stacking up.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Things are never so bad they can't get worse...

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am a Residential Builder and I would not take a building project that ran into winter months. I scheduled those for the five total months of spring, summer, and fall that we have here in the U.P of Michigan. seven months of winter is bad enough without having to shovel the roofs as you are roofing the house and putting siding on in the cold sucks, vinyl siding chips too much and aluminum siding is very cold.

I did interior remodeling projects and insulating of houses in the winters usually, I would lay off most of the guys and just have myself and one other worker in the winters. I have not done any building now since I got my epilepsy back in 03, but worked on that kind of stuff for thirty years when I was working.

Feel for you, seal it up for the winter and finish it on nice sunny winter days or wait till spring.

We got about two feet of snow from Thursday night till Sunday morning, I had to plow every day, there was a lot of wind with it so there was drifting going on.

They call the U.P. of michigan the winter wonderland....I think it actually means that most all of the winter we are wondering why the hell we live in this kind of place in the winter. I come from the copper country and I have seen whole houses get drifted over there, just smoke coming out of the chimney of the snowbank. But on the other side of the house it is usually not bad, but the door to get in and out of seems to always to be on the drifted over side.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We're in the same area, so you know we just got nailed, lol.

Yea, I actually like working on sunny winter days, especially if it's for myself and I do what I want.

There's now about 3 feet to clear, so I won't be continuing the build for a day or two either way.

Winter Wonderland.....makes me "wonder" why I'm not in Florida sometimes

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Things are never so bad they can't get worse...

Eeesh.

Yea, no thanks, I take the snow over the ice, anyday.

Looks gorgeous, though

top topics

join