It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk To Step Down As Head Of Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If Musk's word is his bond, then it looks like he will step down as the head of Twitter.

Musk tweeted, Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.

57% of 17.5 million votes said yes.

twitter.com...

edit on 19-12-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE
IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Mon Dec 19 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The results are subject to verification of Bot and Shill account votes ☠️👁️☠️

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Note he said "step down" not quit. He's just leaving the floor open for democratic process to decide what the company leadership looks like because that's what a leader does.

I would add that if this is truly his best effort to honor the principles of our republic, he should submit another poll for users to choose his replacement.

edit on 19-12-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Almost makes me wish I had a twatter account.
Almost.

I'd say he's doing better than anyone else in the last ten years just based on the number of pissed off wankers complaining about the changes.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My gut tells me he already had plans to do so and even a person he wants to replace him

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Which is exactly why he shouldn't.

The only people who would want his resignation are the ones implicated in his file releases, or general leftists who can't return their Tesla's now and are having their paradigm dismantled before their very eyes.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
He isn't going anywhere. He OWNS Twitter, lol.

CEO's can be fired.

edit on 19-12-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
He may step down, but he still owns it and can put his policies in place. If he's not happy with who takes over, he can fire them. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting rid of dead weight.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
My gut tells me he already had plans to do so and even a person he wants to replace him

Your phrasing intrigues me. One of the prominent obstacles in the media industry, particularly interactive platforms amplifying the general audience across the world, is how closely it neighbors the realm of politics to the point their causality imitates or overlaps each other. Dialogue is not policy, media channels are not federal office, journalists are not elected or representative of municipality, yet here we are treating the CEO of twitter like the governor of a sovereign community. Peculiar.

edit on 19-12-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hopefully he will put trump in charge....🤣
The meltdowns would be epic...

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not really shocking considering how much multitasking he does already.

He wanted to buy Twitter and clean Twitter and probably had somebody that he's going to let run it in mind to begin with but get people's opinions on the matter.
edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Words and stuff

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

People give them the power. People want to be told what to think and who to vote for, who to hate, who to adore. Look at all the stars of music and movies. They declare who they like and suddenly that person shoots to fame and glory.

Lady Gaga goes on Twitter and says "Listen to this persons music" and that person is suddenly famous, even if their music is not that good. It's "the thing to do because Gaga said so".

Also, people are stupid and easily lead.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: InachMarbank

The only people who would want his resignation are the ones implicated in his file releases, or general leftists who can't return their Tesla's now and are having their paradigm dismantled before their very eyes.

Not really. Tesla stockholders want him to step down from Twitter because a) playing around with his new shiny toy is taking all his time away from running Tesla, and b) playing around with his new shiny toy has removed around 10% of Tesla's value in the last month.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

People like to be told what to do, almost as much as they like telling society "you can't tell me what to do". It's the quintessential heart of democracy.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Trumps stepping in. Told some people at work that and they ???????????? Some smiled some AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TzarChasm

People give them the power. People want to be told what to think and who to vote for, who to hate, who to adore. Look at all the stars of music and movies. They declare who they like and suddenly that person shoots to fame and glory.

Lady Gaga goes on Twitter and says "Listen to this persons music" and that person is suddenly famous, even if their music is not that good. It's "the thing to do because Gaga said so".

Also, people are stupid and easily lead.

it is also the people who overthrow the powerful again. it is an eternal cycle, always has been. you also orientate yourself on others, everyone does that. you have music recommended to you, films, books... you manipulate, i manipulate, everyone manipulates. when millions know you for whatever reason, your word naturally carries more weight.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

In related news, Musk is rumored to be stepping down as CEO from TSLA too after selling $3.5 billion worth of shares last week.

www.gizchina.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

No, really.

Money is one thing and those examples you cited are relevant but miniscule when compared to controlling and manipulating speech in order to subvert that precious democracy everyone is always crying about.

Those that are having their methods exposed are more powerful than a room full of investors by far.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
He just decided to not step down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join