It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violets Tale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There was a time when music was the most integral aspect of my world and it defined how I experienced my life. It was ever present and to this day most of my most cherished ( and most difficult ) memories are inextricably connected to one song or another.

At some point in the past fifteen or twenty years things changed. I can't tell if if that change was internal or external - I only know that my passion for new music withered. The experience of coming across a new song that moved me on a spiritual level became less and less common, until it stopped happening entirely.

A couple of months back YouTube dropped the following into my recommendations and I randomly clicked it - mostly out of boredom and fully expecting that I would watch for 5 or 10 seconds before clicking back out of it.

But I did not. I let it play and I am glad that I did.

Understanding that music is very subjective and all of us have our own tastes - it is my personal opinion that this young man is a generational talent.

With that, I give you Ren - in the hope that maybe some of you might respond to it as I have. For the first time in a very long time there is new music that has connected with me in that very special, primal, spiritual way.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Didn't care much for it at first, but I let it play and I'm glad I did. Gonna have to check out more on this guy.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Wow.

These aren't songs, they are movies...

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Wow.

These aren't songs, they are movies...

I'm sure we will be watching them soon. This type of storytelling is so rare.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hey Hefe!

Nice to see you about on this place. But thanks for the intro to this artist!

Alternative indie artist from the UK doing songs/poetry/spoken words might seem a bit “one trick pony” material. So after being surprised and pleased by your aong, I checked out another.

Here is a bit more of a typical structured song with instruments and more vocals.

Ren - It’s Alright

It was from a while back but I think it demonstrates a range that the first song will cast aside!

I think both are really good songs. I like the use of rooms for reverb and the Kurt Cobain singing into the wall to get a slap back echo thing!

But the “new” approach is very refreshing to experience!

Ren - Hi Ren

I have become a convert! Thanks for the gift of great, new, and wonderful music!

(eggnog)

join