It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland, OR/Clackamas Town Center - # Hole - Never Returning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

So open carry and a look you don't approve, makes one a piece of #? I mean that was all in your head.

Yea, the guy was probably going to attend church services after he left the mall, and then on to his volunteer work at the seniors care center.

you are so quickly to judge

That's rich. In the OP, VulcanWerks describes the guy as an armed (a criminal offense) gangbanger-looking guy.
That's a harsh judgement, but it's OK for you to presume VulcanWerks is paranoid and "white-supremacist looking".

Somehow it sounds like an encounter of two very polarized paranoid individuals.

Well, at least you got the 'polarized individuals' part correct. One was a criminal, the other a law-abiding family man.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

Everyone in that store was exposed to the same risk as me. They were not white. While my primary concern is protecting my family, many others in there who turn a blind eye or agree with this behavior could just as easily be killed by it.

This story isn’t any different if some white tatted up gang banger has his G19 hanging out of his pants. This was amateur hour and amateur hour with firearms is dangerous whether your black/white/Martian/whatever.

Frustrating.

And it's that they're relying on. They hope enough people are conned into thinking gun control will take care of people like Ram's Hair to push for banning firearms even though people like him won't be affected because they won't care. They don't follow laws anyhow and there are entire jurisdictions not invested in making them respect any laws at this point because ... racial injustice and white supremacy. It wouldn't be fair to prosecute Ram's Horns for not following the law.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It all depends on where you're at.

Most places I go are fine, but there are some places and situations that would make most people nervous. Malls are dicey these days because certain elements use them as hangouts and that leads to the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Vulcan Werks was not paranoid in that situation, nor was he judgmental. He assessed the situation with utter clarity. And I appreciated the final conclusion to the story. Perhaps Vulcan averted a potentially violent situation. (As a retired public health nurse in protective services I had to make unannounced visits alone to very rough, diverse neighborhoods in Sacramento CA. I had to be very aware of my surroundings.)

You admit you are from another country? Is it homogenous? Where? I agree, BTW, gun violence is a problem in this country, especially in certain cities. Please tell me how we get guns out of the hands of criminals? Oh, and I do not own a gun.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Totally agree...you hit the nail on the head with "racial injustice and white supremacy." AND this is not to say I don't have compassion for how people have been treated over the years. reply to: ketsuko

edit on 11-12-2022 by Seeker1910 because: grammar

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Everyone in that store was exposed to the same risk as me. They were not white. While my primary concern is protecting my family, many others in there who turn a blind eye or agree with this behavior could just as easily be killed by it.

This story isn’t any different if some white tatted up gang banger has his G19 hanging out of his pants. This was amateur hour and amateur hour with firearms is dangerous whether your black/white/Martian/whatever.

Frustrating.

And it's that they're relying on. They hope enough people are conned into thinking gun control will take care of people like Ram's Hair to push for banning firearms even though people like him won't be affected because they won't care. They don't follow laws anyhow and there are entire jurisdictions not invested in making them respect any laws at this point because ... racial injustice and white supremacy. It wouldn't be fair to prosecute Ram's Horns for not following the law.

Exactly.

We live in a society that is becoming more diverse - and will become more diverse in the coming years.

Because I’m white, and the weapon holder in question was black, this must be a racial thing.

In reality, it was a guy who 100% fit the cliche look of a gangbanger and he had the Glock in the pocket to confirm it. Note, there were many other black people in the store, alongside Hispanic people, and while I might be white and dress differently than them, they were just people.

Honestly, this guy was just a guy who looked like a cliche gang banger - of which there are many such people (wannabe’s included) - but all suspicions confirmed once I saw the firearm.

There’s also the matter of how he was carrying. Lots of people carry in my town. But, you don’t know it because the entire point is concealing it. If someone is flaunting their firearm, or perhaps teasing they have it on them, it sends a very different message. That message makes me immediately think they have a higher probability of using it.

Doesn’t matter who it is, or what color they are.

If someone wants me to believe that it’s ok for this kind of thing to go on, blatantly, and that’s how the world works now I’ll argue that to the end.

None of what I observed is acceptable for a society to be peaceful, have a sense of coexistence, and be productive/nurture a positive future for the next generations.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It all depends on where you're at.

Most places I go are fine, but there are some places and situations that would make most people nervous. Malls are dicey these days because certain elements use them as hangouts and that leads to the inevitable.

Exactly. I don’t run into these issues everywhere.

In Portland, however, I have had one employee get a gun pulled on him. Probably a dozen have had their cars vandalized there. One was borderline attacked by a homeless person. Petty theft is rampant. Shootings occur more-less daily. It’s an ugly scene.

I don’t think that’s the world most folks want to live in.

Definitely not the world I want to live in.

So I will stay out.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker1910
Totally agree...you hit the nail on the head with "racial injustice and white supremacy." AND this is not to say I don't have compassion for how people have been treated over the years. reply to: ketsuko

No, and the fact that we both have to say as much as this without having to then go on to say it's not that we don't feel bad for people also speaks volumes for just how skewed things are when it comes to grievance-mongering in this nation. If some people have a legit grievance then they all do and everything they're upset about is part of that grievance, and that not true. It never is, but that's what we're always told here.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Let's just say there are ways to open carry and ways to open carry. I saw a man at Home Depot open carrying. He had his properly carried in a holster out for everyone to see. No pocket - a proper holster like a cop would use. I wasn't nervous at all about that. He was just going about his business like any cop would be except he looked a contractor.

That would be far different than someone shoving it in a pocket, only peaking, as it were.
edit on 12-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Seeker1910

Please tell me how we get guns out of the hands of criminals?

You don't, the criminals are your problem. Affordable education has always been the best approach to lower crime... No one wants that, educated people are much harder to fool and driven to extremes.
Honestly, I think that ship has sailed and those guns will make sure it never reaches the next port.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Agreed, education is the answer. Hard work is the answer. And in my country, this is considered "white supremacy."
You have not told me what superior country you are from????? It's so easy to criticize others with a pointing finger from a "superior" vantage point.

There are so many opportunities in this country, free education and scholarships for certain groups of people. We have free k-12 education in our country, but the quality is variable. We have children from broken homes (all races) who do not have the early childhood support to learn well. I place the fault at the feet of LBJ with his Great Society program, which gave welfare support to single parent families. No father in the house.

If you are not willing to engage in a fruitful discussion without sharing your culture/country of origin, then I can only conclude that you enjoy poking fingers at people. It's so easy to poke fingers at Americans. a reply to: Terpene

edit on 12-12-2022 by Seeker1910 because: remove personal information

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Again, I agree. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I thought they were moving to New Zealand?

There's not even space in Japan. Unless you're in the countryside.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
New Zealand is too commie now what with the Covid crap. Ask musicismagic, who lives in Japan, about the rich moving there.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That's all fine. In such a situation, Terpene would likely be one of the first casualties if things went bad.

Natural selection, I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

you guessed right, I've always been an agent of natural selection... watch out
edit on 13-12-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yes, how dare you judge somebody! You should walk around with your eyes closed until some piece of # kills one of your children in front of you, right?
How sickening that the usual liberal moron comes on here and defends some black scumbag. Blacks are FAR more likely to kill people than whites. Care to discuss that? Or aren't we allowed to talk about the truth on here?

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnThomas2

Oh well.. one day you wish you had held on to the notion of innocent till proven guilty...

Till then have fun...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join