It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina sheriff says 'intentional vandalism' at substations caused power outages for 40K cu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

A North Carolina sheriff and power company official said "intentional vandalism" at substations has caused outages for about 40,000 customers expected to last longer than 24 hours.

Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields reported that the mass power outage across the county is being investigated "as a criminal occurrence," according to the sheriff’s office's Facebook page.

Just after 7 p.m. on Saturday, several communities across Moore County began experiencing power outages. As utility companies began responding to the different substations, "evidence was discovered that indicated that intentional vandalism had occurred at multiple sites," the sheriff’s office said.

North Carolina sheriff says 'intentional vandalism' at substations caused power outages for 40K customers

how can this NOT be considered domestic terrorism?

trial run for serious bad actors?

environmental extremists?

someone with personal agenda against the power company?

maybe just some young males with too much time on their hands and mischief on their minds?

hope this is resolved soon.
glad the weather isn't too awful bad down there.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

A North Carolina sheriff and power company official said "intentional vandalism" at substations has caused outages for about 40,000 customers expected to last longer than 24 hours.

Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields reported that the mass power outage across the county is being investigated "as a criminal occurrence," according to the sheriff’s office's Facebook page.

Just after 7 p.m. on Saturday, several communities across Moore County began experiencing power outages. As utility companies began responding to the different substations, "evidence was discovered that indicated that intentional vandalism had occurred at multiple sites," the sheriff’s office said.

North Carolina sheriff says 'intentional vandalism' at substations caused power outages for 40K customers

trial run for serious bad actors?

environmental extremists?

someone with personal agenda against the power company?

maybe just some young males with too much time on their hands and mischief on their minds?

hope this is resolved soon.
glad the weather isn't too awful bad down there.

That's not intentional vandalism.

That's called sabotage.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its being blamed on right wing militias by the gay community.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Possibly a practice run for somewhere else and possibly observing the response time to fixing it.

24 hours of a power outage is enough time to do other nefarious deeds.

The article hints it was multiple attacks at the same time proving this was organized, but why Moore County, NC?

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Possibly a practice run for somewhere else and possibly observing the response time to fixing it.

The article hints it was multiple attacks at the same time proving this was organized, but why Moore County, NC?

Saw that this attack/outage area was adjacent to Fort Bragg.

With what's coming across the border anything is possible.
edit on 12/4/2022 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Is there a political slant to the intentional damage?

That component would need proof.

I imagine these substations are monitored so perhaps we'll know more soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's one of those damn things where it needs to be closely monitored from now on. If definitely has a feel like this is just a probe, testing response times, etc. How does this do anything to help a domestic terror group? it would seem this would just turn up the heat and bring scorn and resentment down upon them.

Regardless this can't be tolerated, hope they find out soon who and why.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Saw that this attack/outage area was adjacent to Fort Bragg.

With what's coming across the border anything is possible.

It could be a number of suspects, though I could understand if they look at local threats first and foremost.

Does a south border crossing saboteurs choose Moore County adjacent to Fort Bragg? for what reason?

Hell, I always think of Russia since the Ukraine thing but even that seems far-fetched.

But it is likely a small tight-knit group of a few people who know the area well.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Exactly my point my my previous reply. Smells like a test run. There have been many of these over the last several years; infrastructure taken down in ways that were obviously coordinated an intentional.

No "vandalism;" sabtoge.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I think Russia gave them the idea to terrorize people by cutting off their electricity while it's cold and dark outside.

You could also blame main stream media for writing about how Russia is using denial of energy as terror.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hmmm, could it be a burglary attempt, cut power means no alarms?

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wonder if it is a warning, or a narrative being pushed? Like gun laws or even Duke energy needing something passed.
Why give away your tactics prematurely and show you know where to hit these substations? This is not a new phenomenon so what is being done about it?

If these power companies are serious they could now armor these weaker areas and probably should, and in comes a company that would profit off of doing so. I guess we will see how the Governor Roy Cooper handles this. That might be telling in itself.

Otherwise we might all do ourselves a favor and get alternate means to stay warm this winter, other than electricity.

The news across the world has been warning of coming brown outs due to the energy crisis. They always foreshadow what is next to come. Covid was foretold, along with the lockdowns, right up until it happened.

edit on 4-12-2022 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I heard about this when I woke up this morning but was waiting for more info before I came here with it.

The "vandalism" was synchronized and coincided with a drag storytime event. While I haven't seen any official confirmation, apparently what authorities mean when they say vandalized is that the substations were shot up.

At the time the blackout occurred a woman with ties to J6 was tweeting things that made it sound like she knew about the attacks and that the purpose was to disrupt the drag event. She was visited by law enforcement but didn't tell them anything.

I've also heard that two gun shops were looted and possibly a Walmart.

This is definitely one to keep an eye on. At least one of the perpetrators had knowledge of the electrical grid as they knew that they would need to take out multiple substations to cause an outage.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Interesting. That's enough intrigue to peak even Scruffy's interest (Futurama reference)

I've nothing else to add, subbing to follow this oddball infrastructure terrorism-y shiz.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
It's one of those damn things where it needs to be closely monitored from now on. If definitely has a feel like this is just a probe, testing response times, etc. How does this do anything to help a domestic terror group? it would seem this would just turn up the heat and bring scorn and resentment down upon them.

Regardless this can't be tolerated, hope they find out soon who and why.

consider the reaction to 9/11. all this expensive TSA stuff.

maybe they just want us to spend gazillions of $ on an Infrastructure Security Agency. "keep my power on! do whatever it takes!"

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

edit on 12/4/2022 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
August 27, 2022 - Despite the destruction of many jihadist training facilities, numerous camps are known to still exist. Terrorist groups like the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), the Al Nusra Front (ANF), and Hamas continue to provide these facilities. WIKI

22 Jihad Camps Inside the US? Here's the Disturbing Islamic Prophecy Behind Them
[www1.cbn.com...]

[www.military.com...]

With all of the unvetted immigrant in the US we'd be remiss not to consider some of them wish to destroy the US and are/have been organizing to do so.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You really did just try to tie J6 to this. Really?

I would think it might be from the millions of people that have gone over our border unchecked and was sponsored by an overseas terror group. Way to keep it local.

Sorry, but based on the current even dartboard we are due for a Islamic Terror Attack.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It was some ENVIROMENTAL green nut job..

I am in support of conservation let us make that clear..

I am against extreme environmentalist that do things like this..

It wasnt Russia, NK, China, that would be cyber..

We need to stop these green nut jobs !! That is who did this.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This is the woman in question.

She had organized a protest of the drag event and when the power went out she tweeted "The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

When she was questioned by LEOs she told them, "God works in mysterious ways."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join