It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Week Two. Scammed, Flimflammed, Bamboozled, Conned, Swindled, Duped, Deceived ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, here we are. Two weeks after the most importantest election ever. Democrats and their media outlets warned us Democracy and Abortions were in danger. If we didn't vote for them, then America would become a fascist country where abortions were outlawed.

After the election, we were told the Red Wave was crushed. Even people here on ATS said they voted Democrat to save Democracy and Abortions. Apparently, they felt that Democracy and Abortions was more important than high gas and food prices, high inflation, higher rates of violent crime, and foreign policy putting us on course to war with Russia.

So I expected Democrats to come hard charging with legislation to save Democracy and Abortions. But it seems that the threats to Democracy and Abortion vanished the day after the election. We don't hear about it on the news. No politicians are talking about it. It was like turning off a light switch.

Instead, Democrats seem to be gearing up for Gun Control.

Is it the old Bait and Switch? Did anyone vote Democrat for Gun Control? Why didn't Democrats and the media campaign for Gun Control before the election? Why didn't Democrats try to pass Gun Control legislation over the past two years before the election?

If you voted Democrat to save Democracy and Abortions, do you feel like Democrats and the media pulled a fast one on you?

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They have all their underground covert plans started already ☠️

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Interesting.

Same old ‘world’ we live in.

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I voted Republican, couldn't care less about the abortion issue - which is only a political toy.
Can't understand why the states have to get involved in it anyway, ridiculous.
And no one is concerned about gas prices driving inflation??
I don't get it.

edit on 24-11-2022 by RonnieJersey because: add something

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

If you voted Democrat to save Democracy and Abortions, do you feel like Democrats and the media pulled a fast one on you?

TBF...Democrats are still actively working to Abort Democracy.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Interesting.

Same old ‘world’ we live in.

Pacifism isn't as popular as it is to you.

You kinda come off as willfully oblivious or inappropriately indifferent...I can't decide which.

Nevertheless, your position and opinions are as valid as anyone else's. I guess your cavalier delivery is contrary to the mood of the topic.
edit on 11/24/2022 by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Im a misanthropist. I am indifferent (very perceptive lol) because I am not a pacifist. But I do like being unjailed.

This ‘world’ is a corporate construct. TPTB sell everyone out for fiat and encourage others to do likewise. Pockets crammed full of fake value. They’re worth every cent.

a reply to: EternalShadow

edit on 24-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Its a very concerted effort too.

State level included

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I was so afraid democracy was going to be kidnapped and killed, I voted democrat 3 times.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good eye! Dont Jewish folks tend to vote Democrat? And hate pork? The pork barrels the Dem's be rolling might make them shudder!

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

They had to get back to their Stop Trump BAMN agenda, and the sheep happily follow along.
They won't mention abortion or "saving democracy" again until the next election cycle, when the sheep will once again be told to put on their p*ssy hats and march down the street shaking their fists and shouting obscenities.

It's what they live for.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

I voted Republican, couldn't care less about the abortion issue - which is only a political toy.
Can't understand why the states have to get involved in it anyway, ridiculous.
And no one is concerned about gas prices driving inflation??
I don't get it.

I used to wonder along these lines too. Then I stopped following the bouncing ball. Started reading between the lyrics, started looking at what was going on around me, and recognized an oblique horizon.

It was clear that following path placed before me, was never going to get me where I wanted to go.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Do we really believe that the alternative outcome would engender a different result?

At this point lots of us already can identify the way our news sources "convince" us of reality and what it means.

It was - from the perspective I hold - a pathetic showing - the "team" locked media - "telling" us what "we" all think. It almost never changes. "Red Wave" - feh. Democracy threat? ... they have us even believing that this is about one political celebrity or another. Even believing that they are not BOTH part of the same cabal. Illusions are easy to carry on especially when you have an entire industry handsomely rewarded for constructing it.

We are past the point of pretending that their manufactured "crises" are actually real.

They tell us this, that, or the other, and we whine and cry like children... or so they tell we do. They show us aberrant human behavior and program us to believe that represents what we are. They show hysterical "karens" and try to make us think we are ALL like that. They chant about their manufactured "opinions" they allege we all share. We respond, as if WE could change THEIR minds.

The "democrats." The "republicans." And talk to any fervent zealot and discover they don't agree with each other about what that actually means. "Liberals," "conservatives," or any other BS designation they can squeeze out of a think-tank full of 'experts' ... they programmed us to respond as if it were a matter of academic truth... but it is a truth about nothing.

Yeah, the people who we are to believe are "the dems," changed up their message... and? Their message sucked. They couldn't make it stick. They could report that it was sticking... and they could tell us that "we" were winning. But it was just them saying so... not reality. Conservative rags did the same... crap. They are still doing it. Pretending that if they tell you it's so... then it is. Reporting on the opinions of their mouthpieces as if that were "news" and we are playing along like it is.

The abortion issue did not sway... and they have to run from the fiasco of the "let's legalize pot" and "erase student debt" debacle. These losers (on both sides) play us this way. You want to know what's really scary? They are changing history through "fake news." Their narratives become the stuff of future "fact." This leads to some facts become criminally incorrect...

"Week Two. Scammed, Flimflammed, Bamboozled, Conned, Swindled, Duped, Deceived" ... The only problem that I have with this title is that it hasn't been two weeks since this crap started... it's been at least two generations.

new topics

top topics

join