It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honeybees’ lifespans are now 50% lower — and it’s not clear why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Not true.

Bees are not the only pollinators.

It is true that the panic button is often pushed while ignoring the facts. Bees are not the only pollinators.

However, they are the primary (80%) bio-tool for our food production industry. Now their prime pollinators are suffering from early death and mass die-off... Of course they will report this as if they were the "only" pollinators. When commerce is threatened all the stops come off the media train.

The truth is wild bees are also displaying problems coping in the environment - it's not just domesticated bees.

Perhaps the domesticated bee is - in effect - the canary in the coalmine for wild bee populations... which isn't a problem until it threatens quarterly profit grown for Mosanto, conAgra, Dow, Purina, Bayer, et. al. Then it's a media blitz instructing us that its' '"we" the consumers' fault because we are not 'green' enough.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's genetic defects caused by mass overuse of pesticides that alter DNA ☠️

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It always struck me as completely insane that we "feed" bees sugar, sugar syrup, and other processed garbage like that... aside from 'convenience' to the industrial process there is no parallel food path in nature to compare it to.

Nature is resilient, but it also fine tuned. refined sugar is convenient for humans, not so for nature.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

It’s not one thing but several things, a perfect storm if you will.

Pesticides
Cellular waves
Mites and diseases
Beekeepers that don’t know what they are doing
Homeowners that lump bees in with wasps and kill everything
The lack of native plants and wildflowers
Lack of or toxic sources of water

One of those things can be bad, but add them all together and we have trouble.

People around me complain of not seeing pollinators. Here’s a hint, grow some freaking flowers!!
Also I’m for RESPONSIBLE use of pesticides, however most people have no clue what that means. People just spray every inch of their yards and wonder why birds and bees never visit. Can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen spraying some pretty heavy duty pesticides while wearing shorts either, and not protective gear, then wonder why they have blood cancer later on. (Same reason I would never live near a golf course)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It always struck me as completely insane that we "feed" bees sugar, sugar syrup, and other processed garbage like that... aside from 'convenience' to the industrial process there is no parallel food path in nature to compare it to.

Nature is resilient, but it also fine tuned. refined sugar is convenient for humans, not so for nature.

Yes, that is why commercial European honey bees shouldn't be the true canary. The answer to "why" seems pretty clear based on the information on the wild bee populations. Directly related to agricultural practices in my opinion, not to down play pollution such as mentioned here earlier.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Glyphosate and EMF and whatever other evil sh# the WEF is putting out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
When the bees die, we die.

A good portion of us anyway.

The rich will be able to enjoy hand pollinated crops, there definitely wont be enough to go around..thats were Soylent Green becomes popular!

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: ARM1968
When the bees die, we die.

A good portion of us anyway.

The rich will be able to enjoy hand pollinated crops, there definitely wont be enough to go around..thats were Soylent Green becomes popular!

I know some growers are using flies for pollination. Sounds gross but it is actually pretty effective.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26769438]Maxmars[/post
We are slowly building up the bee population in Australia after most of the bees had to be destroyed due to deadly parasites found in the hives.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bathshebah

Prayers for luck and success!

I imagine that effort must be driven by careful and proper groundwork.

But since it might be done for industrial commerce... I think you'll need to vigilant - because the commercial metric isn't biodiversity, sustainability, and ecological harmony... their metric is dollars. (Oh, I know their public relations folks will cry "Green and eco-friendly" to the heavens... but really? Should we 'expect' them to forgo profit?)

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Mix of electromagnetic pollution and general magnetic disturbances in the Earth's field...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join