It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with ALL Religions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DevotedResearcher
In case you're interested, the interview I'm talking about is LIVE @ 8: Uncensored: Dr. Ana - The Science EXPLAINED - Nanotech in Injections & Quantum Physics, Detoxing

The metaphor that Zeee used came into the discussion at about 23:35. Dr. Ana was talking about quantum potential. She explained that it is part of the quantum field.

She said that ideas exist in quantum potential before they manifest into physical reality.

Zeee responded that as a Christian she understands that principle as tantamount (my paraphrase) to when God "spoke" the world into existence.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
To the OP: I am an atheist, but give me a conservative Christian talking good sense over a neo-Marxist liberal talking out of their nether regions any day.

THANKS FOR SAYING THAT!!

I forgot all about atheists.

Unfortunately, that does not work both ways. No matter how centrist or conservative an atheist may be, few Christian or other religious people are going to listen if they are aware of it.

Atheism is still anathema in our world, and understandably so. We are the extreme minority in a world full of people who profess to believe in a chosen deity, whether or not they live like it.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Politics is the New religion.
edit on 30-10-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher
"The problem with that is that they can't help mentioning their religion in their podcasts. So, the danger is, only people of the same religion will listen to them. "

This problem is pervasive throughout humanity.
In psychology it would be described as the "In group/out group" phenomena.

This is utilised/abused by any group/team/religion/country-/media/mlm scam/governments.

Those in a group are more likley to stick to the ideas shared within that group,and more likley to be suspicious of,or disbelieve anything from outside group-even when it is proved to be true or a good idea.

We are strange animals..

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

To the OP: I am an atheist, but give me a conservative Christian talking good sense over a neo-Marxist liberal talking out of their nether regions any day.

THANKS FOR SAYING THAT!!

Unfortunately, that does not work both ways. No matter how centrist or conservative an atheist may be, few Christian or other religious people are going to listen if they are aware of it.

Atheism is still anathema in our world, and understandably so. We are the extreme minority in a world full of people who profess to believe in a chosen deity, whether or not they live like it.

I disagree.

I'll listen to people with common-sense who make rational arguments.

No matter what their beliefs are, unless those beliefs are anathema to their argument.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah, but I think we're all doing the best we know how to do.

I don't.

We can do much better.

I know I could, anyway.

Perhaps we can start by not calling other members names because they disagree with you.

When did I do that?

I may reference their argument, but rarely the poster...

It's wa a generic "we" and "You". I'm guilty as sin when it comes to name calling, especially in the mud pit. That's what makes it so much fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah, but I think we're all doing the best we know how to do.

I don't.

We can do much better.

I know I could, anyway.

Perhaps we can start by not calling other members names because they disagree with you.

When did I do that?

I may reference their argument, but rarely the poster...

It's wa a generic "we" and "You". I'm guilty as sin when it comes to name calling, especially in the mud pit. That's what makes it so much fun.

Yea, I have fun ribbing the lefties in the pit.

It's not personal though, most of the time I'm just joking.

I've also agreed with almost everyone on these boards in one post at one time or another.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'm really torn because people who are out there in the United States right now doing FANTASTIC work trying to save the country I was born in and LOVE—many of them, are Christians, and talk about being Christian, and quote the Bible, make me cringe, because I know they're well-meaning, but would it be better to leave (organized) religion out of it?

One of those people is Mel K, who is Jewish, but I only know that because of listening to many of her podcasts, where this has been mentioned in passing.

She talks about "God and country." She reads profusely and is an encyclopedia of knowledge about the Globalist players we're up against.

A very recent presentation by her:

Mel K Manheim Pennsylvania Speech Lays Out The Power Structure & Exposes The Puppet Masters ICYMI

[ICYMI = In Case You Missed It]

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's not personal though, most of the time I'm just joking.

I'm of the opinion that we need to be VERY careful with our jokes.

I can't emphasize that enough.

The target of the joke likely doesn't FEEL the light-heartedness.
edit on 10/30/2022 by DevotedResearcher because: Typo

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

As an atheist, do you try to treat people the way you want to be treated?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

We need people of ALL religions to listen!

Considering around 85% of humanity subscribe to some form of religious practice.

You either need a one-world religion.

Or all organized religious practices to become tolerant of one another.

If you wish them all to listen.

Now considering they are not exactly synonymous with one another or in agreement at the best of times.

I'm going to wish you the best of luck on that score.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

THANKS FOR SAYING THAT!!

I disagree.

No matter what their beliefs are, unless those beliefs are anathema to their argument.

Knowing your posts, I believe you...but would you vote for one? Most religious folks I know would not. They would feel it is a betrayal of their faith.
edit on 10/30/2022 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It seems to me that the bigger problem is how quickly and easily some reject information, even in an analogy, because they've rejected religion, or other religions.

I tend to find that this happens a lot, and goes a lot further than religion.

For example, where I grew up there was a remote area where there had been an unusually high number of road accidents for somewhere that had so little habitation.

There were several local superstitions or legends about it, and because of this nobody took things seriously, and the accidents kept happening.

Turns out that was due to a quirk of how the road was constructed, but the people who should have noticed this refused to even get involved because of the local legends.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
You either need a one-world religion.

That's the one we must avoid like the plague.

We as in "we the people."

Sometimes, on forums, it's hard to know who's who.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Every day. I don't always succeed, but I try to continually improve.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I often find it ironic that most atheists tend not to realize that they're a product of the culture in which they were raised, which in turn is typically a product of the dominant religion of that region, either long past or present day.

For example, most non-religious Chinese have deeply held Buddhist mindsets, and most of the morals and ethics, not to mention most of the laws, that we see in Western countries are rooted in Abrahamic religious teachings.

People who identify as being atheists shed the rituals but rarely the core dogma.

It's why it can feel so weird living in a country that had a vastly different religion, even if that religion isn't present in daily life. It leaves a mark behind.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

THANKS FOR SAYING THAT!!

I disagree.

Knowing your posts, I believe you...but would you vote for one? Most religious folks I know would not. They would feel it is a betrayal of their faith.

That's something for me to consider, I don't think I've ever had to think about it, as EVERYONE I've ever voted for at least claimed to be a Christian, then again, claiming to be atheist isn't usually on the ticket, lol.

I think I would if I thought the person was genuine, and I agreed with what they wanted to accomplish.

I admit it hasn't come up though.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

So what that says to me is that one of the central tenets of Christianity is something that atheists also believe.

And to me, it's a universal tenet of most humans worldwide.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
When I said "politics is the new religion" We know who the supreme being is on ATS, don't we?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No, I don't.

(I'm new here.)

Who?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join