It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Bird Is Freed"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Play freebird!!!!

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Twitter just announced it will have new moderators with a wide range of viewpoints.

This is a good thing!

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: JAGStorm

...and oddly the biggest war is with words…

I don't think Edward Lytton could have imagined how prophetic his statement would be nearly two centuries later.

Unless he was a time traveller from the future!

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I am always open to changes in the guard... but I always guard against changes which are not specified.

I have no personal comments on Elon Musk or his nature. I suspect no one among us really knows the man behind the veneer. And rightly so. It has always given me pause that there is definitely some "machinery" behind his public image and the information we are 'given' regarding his overall presence in our world.

But that doesn't mean I can't feel hopeful that he means what he proclaimed about engendering a true public speech platform.

It won't be easy.

What will happen with those "bots?" Will we actually "see" what transpired with them? Will we be given access to the data to analyze just how deeply the system was being tooled, and what outcomes were pursued and achieved... or on whose behalf? I doubt so...

Will Musks' antagonists posts simply "vanish" or become obscured through algorithmic magic? We shall see... more or less.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
His Tesla engineers took control of the Twitter code?

Haha. Remember when I said don't say anything bad about Tesla or you'll get locked out of your Tesla?

I laughed and laughed...

This is funny to me because it is exactly what we can expect from a generically run corporate entity. Man, I hope you are wrong!

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

this is from Sadhguru on Twitter:

Congratulations @elonmusk . With responsible usage, #Twitter can become a tremendous tool not just for communication but in the making & governing of the world’s democracies. Under your leadership, may it transform into a Conscious medium of responsible voices. My Best Wishes. -Sg

Love that last part!
I think we all feel this. Censorship has happened on both side, BOTH sides and it’s time it stopped.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

I don't to be honest. If it happens maybe it'll push people to pay more attention to things.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Fri Oct 28 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

That's a fair point. I am skeptical of their focus being shifted in a constructive way.

But whatever happens, I know we will still be standing.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And some overpaid EU dumbo has already warned Musk that the "bird" will fly under EU rules in Europe. The idea of free speech must trouble him. For the record, he is part of the political left in France.

Eurocrats just can't help themselves ... ever.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join