It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Supreme Court reinstates all employees fired for being unvaccinated, orders backpay

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The New York state Supreme Court has reinstated all employees who were fired for not being vaccinated, ordering back pay and saying their rights had been violated.

The court found Monday that "being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19." New York City Mayor Eric Adams claimed earlier this year that his administration would not rehire employees who had been fired over their vaccination status.

New York Supreme Court reinstates all employees fired for being unvaccinated, orders backpay

Darn, wish I woulda known. I was an unvaxxed until my wife (a retired RN) finally convinced me to get vaxxed. If it made no difference, then why the HELL did I just put those darn drugs into my body?

I was scammed.

(post by pureblood69 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

The New York state Supreme Court has reinstated all employees who were fired for not being vaccinated, ordering back pay and saying their rights had been violated.

The court found Monday that "being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19." New York City Mayor Eric Adams claimed earlier this year that his administration would not rehire employees who had been fired over their vaccination status.

Darn, wish I woulda known. I was an unvaxxed until my wife (a retired RN) finally convinced me to get vaxxed. If it made no difference, then why the HELL did I just put those darn drugs into my body?

I was scammed.

I feel for you .. it did make a difference just not the way you hoped.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

And justly so, no one should be sacked because of a personal choice to a medicine/vaccine

Shame on the companies in the first place, scum, I wonder if they claimed government money during the stupid lockdowns for wages

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Very good news to see that some people have received justice for the way they were treated.

Good for NY.

Never forget and don't let it happen again!

edit on 10/25/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I always said that people should have waited until they were fired for not being vaxxed. All those people who quit rather than take the jab have nothing to stand on.

I figured this would eventually be the outcome. Lots of people are going to get paid for all that time they sat at home after being fired. Good for them

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

Hey now wait a minute- my wife and I held out for the longest time. At least give us credit for that. But when things got really bad, and cases started rising in our county, which we were watching carefully- she finally decided to vax. I still held out for at least another two months. Then it became a requirement at my job. Had no choice then.

And we never did catch it, but we were careful- masks, constant washing hands, etc.

When I showed my wife this story, she said "not surprised- I still recommend getting vaxxed against the flu- it's an incurable virus.... what are you gonna do?"

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Seems this would likely lead to people suing private businesses for wrongful termination and back pay does it not?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Good on you for holding out as long as you could. Once the job is on the line hard decisions have to be made.

My wife and I held out. Our circumstances may have been different. Nearing retirement with no kids gave us the option to play hardball.

My wife lost her job in health care but I hung on to mine by testing.

But damn, it feels good to be right.

If this can happen in NY Iā€™d expect a tsunami of court decisions all over the place.

Fingers crossed, and I hope that you and yours weather getting the jab.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is a slow drip of info coming out showing how much people were manipulated.

Did you see the stories the past few days about how far behind our kids fell due to school closures? The progressive left is starting to acknowledge it....

US Test Scores Down Due to Pandemic

Oct 24 (Reuters) - U.S. students have suffered historic learning setbacks with math and reading scores falling to their lowest levels since before the COVID-19 pandemic, national exam results released on Monday showed, the latest sign of the damage school closures wrought on children.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Of course this will go to the US Supreme Court. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, considering SCOTUS upheld vaccine mandates on the regular.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nice win. But I wont forget that a sizeable portion of our society wants the unvaxxed essentially dead.

Doubt this is over.
edit on 25-10-2022 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was worried that my friend and his wife would get the jabs. His job required the vaxx, and she was a nurse who had been out on maternity leave. They both quit their jobs and found a job that required no shots, and they could both work together.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Of course this will go to the US Supreme Court. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, considering SCOTUS upheld vaccine mandates on the regular.

The NY decision cited the fact that the vaccines didn't prevent people from getting COVID. I think that's a huge difference. Because at the end of the day, the people who were afraid of the vaccine turned out to be 100% correct. It's beyond debate that the vaccines were never properly tested, and now that the hysteria has died off cooler heads are concluding that the whole thing was completely unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Amazing news!

Let's hope this decision is made everywhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This puts a bad stench on the politicians who kept shouting "MANDATES" "MANDATES" šŸ˜Ž

Next they're going after the murders šŸ˜Ž

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
There is a slow drip of info coming out showing how much people were manipulated.

Did you see the stories the past few days about how far behind our kids fell due to school closures? The progressive left is starting to acknowledge it....

US Test Scores Down Due to Pandemic

Oct 24 (Reuters) - U.S. students have suffered historic learning setbacks with math and reading scores falling to their lowest levels since before the COVID-19 pandemic, national exam results released on Monday showed, the latest sign of the damage school closures wrought on children.

My brother teaches grade four and told me that his students are at a grade one level academically, and the behaviour is even younger. He says it is the same across the school district though his school is worse due to being inner city/lower socioeconomic status and that about half the children face some major issue whether themselves due to mental health issues or external like poverty. His other concern is the few students whose parents educated them during the pandemic are likely going to lose interest in school as they grow older because they will always be doing remedial levels and never be challenged. At the moment those kids are excited to be back in school and fairing ok.

Sad overall.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Not necessarily. I do feel it has been settled with a common sensical ruling that a major majority of people on Earth are good with. The foolish leaders of the woke businesses who play along with the DS have been exposed ONCE AGAIN! At every turn their control is crumbling at a frantic pace. A good day for mankind and a bad day for tools of the DS.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Seems this would likely lead to people suing private businesses for wrongful termination and back pay does it not?

Yes, and rightfully so, problem is in this corrupt system the taxpayer will foot the bill

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

I think in Thailand one now gets compensated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join