It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Peter Jennings Diagnosed with Lung Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ABC News President David Westin informed his news team today that long time anchor Peter Jennings has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Jennings, 66, has decided that he will continue to work, and report the news, despite the diagnosis. Jennings is to begin outpatient treatment next week.

www.cnn.com
(CNN) -- ABC news anchor Peter Jennings has been diagnosed with lung cancer, his colleagues were told Tuesday.

ABC News President David Westin informed the staff of ABC News in a memo saying Jennings, 66, would begin outpatient treatment and expects to continue to anchor "World News Tonight."

"There will be good days and bad, which means some days I may be cranky and some days really cranky," Jennings told ABC News employees in an e-mail, according to The Associated Press.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Peter Jennings has been a familiar face and voice of ABC news. Since 1983 Jennings has been the only host of World News Tonight's news broadcast. Jennings stated that he mayl be cranky some days and really cranky others. His colleagues and co-workers have vowed to support and encourage him as he attempts the biggest challenge of his life.

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.bloomberg.com
www.boston.com

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thats what he gets for effin wit da aliens! Lol jk thats too bad damn smoker.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Thats what he gets for effin wit da aliens! Lol jk thats too bad damn smoker.

WOW, thanks for that illuminating post, in the news forum no less.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wish him success in his battle with cancer. My heart goes out to his family. That's a terrible thing and it does deserve compassion, not laughs.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I feel for him and his family, I know how it is to have a love one having to deal with Cancer, my father and grandfather did.

I hope he will be able to fight it and win, times like this is when family and friends are most needed.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wish Peter recovers and all the best to him and his loved ones. Prayers will help and you'll have mine, Mr. Jennings.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hope he recovers quickly and continues to produce more lovely shows for us all Americans peoples ofs thes worldszzz.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
with peter jennings taking this hit it's the end of an era... All of our old familiar hard drinking newsmen will just be fond memories soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thats true I guess its time for the next gen. As much as I used to like A Cooper I will hate the day that he becomes one of these big guys. And dont even get me started on Zahn the real life bobble head. lol

[edit on 5-4-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

top topics

join