It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Americans working in Chinese tech must quit and come back to US or lose their citizenship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Biden on a bicycle!

sure sounds like America is holding a Trump card!

a reply to: Roxstar

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LunaticPandora
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Until we start making our own steel and processing our own raw materials again, the manufacturing sector is going to suffer.

We don't even mold our own plastics for prototyping or limited runs let alone full-tilt manufacturing; this includes heavily regulated industries like medical device manufacturing not just plastic Tupperware and trinkets.

We have a long way to go but I do hold out hope that we can one day have a robust manufacturing sector again.

I am well aware. We do make our own steel and such, but not at levels near what we import. And unless things have changed in the past few years most of our steel plants are more or less recycling plants, and not even US owned.

I had a chance to do some contract work for a steel plant on the Arkansas-Tennessee border just west of Memphis, and guhhhh. No thank you. The whole place was a death trap. I asked and they honestly told me they had at least a few deaths every year.

I've done contract work all over the country and honestly the only places worth working in my opinion are places like EV battery manufacturing and chip manufacturing plants.

I wouldn't recommend working in food manufacturing whatsoever to anyone. They can't even keep people employed, wouod rather fire people than train people, and purposefully hire a majority of temp workers so that unions have no real bargaining power.

Unions aren't eve worth a damn anymore. They just collect the dues and act like they care, but never do anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
This will cause China to restrict exports on rare earth metals. The US is still years away from increasing it's on supply of rare earth metals.

I'm sure the us.gov is eyeing China after a Russia loss.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Idiot!!! Biden can't have Americans taking Chinese jobs, they're for the Chinese. Now , if he says ALL Chinese working in the US must return to China as the are taking American jobs, then that would be something.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Idiot!!! Biden can't have Americans taking Chinese jobs, they're for the Chinese. Now , if he says ALL Chinese working in the US must return to China as the are taking American jobs, then that would be something.

Hahaha, no kidding! I doubt we'll hear that tho!

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
As much as I'd love manufacturing in the USA -- it's just not realistic.

We can't compete.

I think people will give up their US citizenship rather than come back under force.

We can't compete because our workers actually have rights lmao. I agree though, let's continue keeping China's population working 12 hours a day to send us our cheap plastic Amazon goods.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Would violate the constitution for anyone natural born, so not gonna happen

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

threats might work on those not prepared to fight their corner.. but then like other arenas the Chinese will just pick up others like the 80 or so British fast jet pilots teaching them to defeat western tactics some one will take the money on offer its not like the west has anything better to offer at this point as its devolving into a divisive mess.

my wife and I've talked about upsticks and moving, not china but certainly out of the West as it has nothing to offer bar angry people which rubs off even when you try to avoid the divisive stuff..

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Would violate the constitution for anyone natural born, so not gonna happen

Oh I know, but you can't put it past these clowns to try and push it through anyways. They pretty much have abused the constitution at every turn.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: Annee
As much as I'd love manufacturing in the USA -- it's just not realistic.

We can't compete.

I think people will give up their US citizenship rather than come back under force.

We can't compete because our workers actually have rights lmao. I agree though, let's continue keeping China's population working 12 hours a day to send us our cheap plastic Amazon goods.

True. I've watched online documentaries about China's work conditions.

But China is becoming too expensive for shareholders. Gotta drop that bottom line and find cheaper labor elsewhere Money/Power/Control.

Do you read manufacturer tags? I do.

A friend married a girl OTB from China. Her "stories" are pretty shocking. You're basically a "robot". There's very little humanity.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...

This is long in the making and China is attempting a run-around

Anyone engaged in the semiconductor industry had since 2019 to repatriate. This was no surprise.
And all Joe had to do is rescind or overwrite Trump's E.O. 13873
But he can't.
I wonder why he can't?
edit on 18-10-2022 by Nevercompromise because: (no reason given)

And Joe gets all the flack.
This act is one of the better written parts of the play leading to January 1 2023.
I am so excited
edit on 18-10-2022 by Nevercompromise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevercompromise
trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...

This is long in the making and China is attempting a run-around

Anyone engaged in the semiconductor industry had since 2019 to repatriate. This was no surprise.
And all Joe had to do is rescind or overwrite Trump's E.O. 13873
But he can't.
I wonder why he can't?

And Joe gets all the flack.
This act is one of the better written parts of the play leading to January 1 2023.
I am so excited

That's awesome!
It's looking more and more like white hats have been doing a lot behind the scenes since 2017. What we were learning back then, has slowly started manifesting these past couple of years. It's reassuring to say the least. It's almost looking like they might have a lot of it wrapped up before the 2024 elections. By then quite a bit of the DS might be taken out of commission. At least we can hope anyways. And if true, could lead to a secure and fair election process.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yeah US citizens can NOT lose their citizenship unless they voluntarily give it up. Absent that the government cannot take a person citizenship from them. The only time a person can lose citizenship is if they came from a foreign country, applied and was granted US citizenship, only to find out they lied on their application.

The Supreme Court case is Afroyim v. Rusk

A US citizen CAN lose their citizenship for:
* - treason
* - joining a foreign military
* - holding a government position in a foreign country

and even this list is severely restricted

Absent the above Biden can go f**k himself

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm Canadian so I don't fully understand your Constitution, but what you say makes perfect sense.
I've been considering moving to the US for a few years now to semi retire. But it's kind of confusing to me how to obtain citizenship there. I would definitely want to be in a red state. More than likely Texas or Florida.
I know I can find work there in my profession very easily, but would I need a green card first to do that, or would I be able to land the job first, then pursue citizenship?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You misunderstand. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm disagreeing with the premise that it is impossible and it absolutely is a trope that corporations propagate for exactly the reasons you mention.

As to your question, I buy the best I can of American products for the best price I can.

Down to my wallet which was made by an Apache native. What ever I can't buy made in America I make myself or have made for me within reason by an American.

This is not to say that I don't buy foreign products. I absolutely do. There are limits imposed on all of us as to what can be made here and I understand that. My phone is not American. It's Korean, my truck is a Honda and I also own a Toyota, but they are the most reliable car companies in the world and that's not likely to change.

There's plenty of foreign products that I buy. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that. But it's one thing to have good foreign products available amongst a domestically supported economy and entirely another to crowd out a domestic economy in favor of cheap goods from slave labor overseas that competes with Americans.

It isn't sustainable in any sense of that word.

Edit:

My welders are American made. My safety equipment and tools are all American made. Most of my firearms are American made, and ALL of the services I use are based in the US-run by American companies, and staffed by Americans.
edit on 10182022 by LunaticPandora because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LunaticPandora
a reply to: Annee

You misunderstand. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm disagreeing with the premise that it is impossible and it absolutely is a trope that corporations propagate for exactly the reasons you mention.

As to your question, I buy the best I can of American products for the best price I can.

Down to my wallet which was made by an Apache native. What ever I can't buy made in America I make myself or have made for me within reason by an American.

This is not to say that I don't buy foreign products. I absolutely do. There are limits imposed on all of us as to what can be made here and I understand that. My phone is not American. It's Korean, my truck is a Honda and I also own a Toyota, but they are the most reliable car companies in the world and that's not likely to change.

There's plenty of foreign products that I buy. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that. But it's one thing to have good foreign products available amongst a domestically supported economy and entirely another to crowd out a domestic economy in favor of cheap goods from slave labor overseas that competes with Americans.

It isn't sustainable in any sense of that word.

Edit:

My welders are American made. My safety equipment and tools are all American made. Most of my firearms are American made, and ALL of the services I use are based in the US-run by American companies, and staffed by Americans.

Good post.

Would if I could.

At least I am aware -- and read every mfg label.

What happened to American steel? (yes, I can look it up)

How much of this did we do to ourselves?

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Could this be a low key way of bringing Americans back because of the ensuing world war?

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AquaAscending
Could this be a low key way of bringing Americans back because of the ensuing world war?

The timing of it is connected for sure. Plus as nevercompromise pointed out, Trump wrote an EO back in 2019 about this type of thing. So i assume that's what Biden is using?
edit on 18-10-2022 by Roxstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join