It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time we name the #GreatInflation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've yet to see this thing get a name. Great Depression, Dot Com Bubble, Great Recession, and so on. The big ones always get a name, but not this one?

Imagine a war that didn't have a name. How would the world even be able to fully communicate it?

The word inflation is definitely coming up lately. It used to seem only fringe thinkers would put much weight on it and how it erodes our net worth's.

But this thing is vast, and I argue sinister. The game at hand is Artificial Inflation.

Yes, gasoline is higher than it ought to be and we can trace specific policies in that regard. That one is plain and obvious. Liberals want us using less gas and that's their solution, one could easily argue. But this problem is across the board.

Another way to look that specific subject, is Wall Street speculators. Remember during the Great Recession, right as the housing bubble burst all the sudden gas prices soared to historic heights. Was there less oil all the sudden? Nope. Wall Street speculators drove prices up artificially. It straddling the bubble burst was the one-two punch that knocked out the world economy. And that I argue is where they showed their hand, that it was all a big scheme to undermine the little people.

But this time its across the board. Sure, COVID drama can be attributed to much of the supply chain dilemmas out there. But its hardly even ceased in spite of that melodrama losing steam.

And the biggest one I feel is, once again housing. And once again Wall Street speculators are involved. The difference is the gas thing is policy and certain geopolitics (and surely some speculation too), but the speculators this time are messing with housing directly.

Surely you've heard about some crazy trends happening in housing the past couple years, they're doing it all around the nation. But have you heard about Tampa, FL and Phoenix, AZ? They're the ground zeros in this diabolical scheme.

TAMPA, Fla. - The Tampa and Miami areas continued in February to have among the nation’s largest increases in home prices when compared to a year earlier, according to a report released Tuesday.

The Tampa area saw a 32.6 percent year-over-year gain in home prices, barely trailing the Phoenix area for the largest jump in the country. Phoenix was at 32.9 percent, according to the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller U.S. National Home Price NSA Index. The Miami area was third-highest at 29.7 percent. The three markets also have topped the nation in price increases in other recent months.TAMPA, Fla. - The Tampa and Miami areas continued in February to have among the nation’s largest increases in home prices when compared to a year earlier, according to a report released Tuesday.

The Tampa area saw a 32.6 percent year-over-year gain in home prices, barely trailing the Phoenix area for the largest jump in the country. Phoenix was at 32.9 percent, according to the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller U.S. National Home Price NSA Index. The Miami area was third-highest at 29.7 percent. The three markets also have topped the nation in price increases in other recent months.
www.fox13news.com...

That was this past April. A trend that was in motion the year prior, and yet since. Renters in particular are on the chopping block in those areas. And NBC has the explanation right in this article title:
A record spike in rents hits Tampa Bay after newcomers flocked to Florida during the pandemic

Ah yes, blame COVID. Your landlord jacks up your rent $400 in one move. COVID! More people means more money around right? Guess again. But whatever. You see Florida, for decades, always has a unique influx of migrants from across the USA. So it's not like the place is dumbfounded if people start showing up.

Fine more migrants than usual is a factor. Here's another factor to consider though:
Goldman Sachs-backed firms buy entire Florida community for $45M

What's that got to do with COVID? Nothing. But that's the game, Wall Street, Black Rock, surely some hedge funds and related Wall Street speculators are just snatching them up. A local news report on the subject said point blank, if you're trying to buy a home offer more than the listing price.

What else would you do when Wall Street is steam rolling across the metro snatching up everything in sight, and not even haggling as it goes about it.

When RangeWater — then known as Pollack Shores — started building apartments in North Hyde Park, its properties saw average rents between $1,200 and $1,300 a month. That quickly grew to $1,550; by the end of 2021, when RangeWater sold The Gray, average rents were over $2,200 a month.
liverangewater.com...

So renting is done there. Because its not just houses, its even apartments. Of course the landlords cash grabbing in its wake is part of the picture there. But the Wall Street influence is the engine.

And this is just housing. More or less the same kind of trend is happening across every sector, but we're all too busy following the News in fighting each other over masks to laser focus in on this Great Inflation.

I've actually heard of reports of sabotage at factories and such as part of it all, this global artificial scarcity trend, but I was too busy living in the jungle outside of Tampa to keep notes on it all. Because of "COVID", NBC told me, I ended up in that predicament.

Which by the way Desantis did squat about it, and Tampa's mayor spun it all around 'we need to build more low income housing'. We already had that. Everything was fine. Now no one can afford to live there. What is the plan here?

A test bed is what I call it. The Great Inflation scheme is to price gouge swindle us all, and the game is with their vast computers and specialized analytics, to keep us all right on the very edge of the abyss... but do it as much and for as long as sustainably possible.

Without a name for this thing, and everyone fighting about masks and vaccines, the public has yet to be focused on and galvanized against this thing.

As usual.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Now realizing this should have went into Global Meltdown.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well there was 'The Roaring Twenties', meaning the 1920's -
Now we have 'The Soaring Twenties'!

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   
And renting in NJ has gone way past $2,000.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"Biden's Folly" comes to mind..

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We must really have a young crowd here if this is the first time you've encountered inflation. We will get through it.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ussmidway

This goes way beyond economic inflation in the sense of the devaluation of currency. There's artificial scarcity / prices being jacked up across every sector. I saw one report about there's a "global sand shortage"! What Saudi Arabia ran out?!? Chip "shortage". Concrete powder "shortage". Pipelines being sabotaged. Factories being blazed.

Sabotage: ANOTHER Processing Plant Burns to the Ground in California

Another food processing plant caught on fire on Sunday night, as multiple food facilities in the U.S. keep “mysteriously” exploding or closing down.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Artificial Inflation. I like that.

(Pardon my racism)

I got dibs on Engineered Depression for next year.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Artificial Scarcity.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I own some rentals and this year , for just two rentals, the property taxes will be close to $12k.
Insurance is also about a $1000 more than last year. HOA fees also keep going up.
Insurance may also require a new roof, it did with me , that's another $15k minimum.
And if you use an agent to find tenants (good idea with all the tenant/landlord laws) they keep the first month's rent.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

How much different is it though from say 3 years ago?

And I'm not trying to argue with you.

In FLorida there's an home owners insurance ordeal, of recent years. No doubt, but what's the excuse for big apartment complexes jacking it up?

Oh, yes, more people now. That doesnt mean more money, more industry, more jobs, and higher paying ones. It's just the SQUEEZE. If anything, 'too many' people means less competition in the employers sense to have to pay higher wages.

Same concept as the whole border crisis thing, too many migrants too fast wrecks this kind of stuff right? More illegal immigrants working for peanuts, which by the way Florida gets those too, means higher rent everywhere? We got plentiful cheap labor and such here, jack up the rent so no one can live here!

The #GreatSwindle.

edit on 15-10-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Government employees keep getting pay raises, the civilian upper middle to low income wage earners get nada, the employers can’t afford the costs of inflation to give a pay increase.

Florida used to be swamp with cheaper than dirt land back in the 20’s. Then Flagler and the railroad changed all of that. Everyone became Suckers!

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Government employees keep getting pay raises, the civilian upper middle to low income wage earners get nada, the employers can’t afford the costs of inflation to give a pay increase.

Florida used to be swamp with cheaper than dirt land back in the 20’s. Then Flagler and the railroad changed all of that. Everyone became Suckers!

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

I own some rentals and this year , for just two rentals, the property taxes will be close to $12k.
Insurance is also about a $1000 more than last year. HOA fees also keep going up.
Insurance may also require a new roof, it did with me , that's another $15k minimum.
And if you use an agent to find tenants (good idea with all the tenant/landlord laws) they keep the first month's rent.

They are making it impossible for average homeowners and the elderly.

I have seen this before. I worked in an area close to the beach years ago, where the majority of the homes were old, in disrepair, and owned by the elderly on fixed incomes. They came in, bought everything, and the people that lived there for centuries could not even afford to walk the streets they had grown up on.

Folk came in and handed those people, many of them with mild dementia, $50,000.00 dollars in cash, then had them sign their homes away. None of those people had ever held that amount of money in their hands before, and thought is was millions.

After taking possession of their homes they kicked them out. I found this all out when I ran into the demon one day when I went to check on my patient, and found out what he had done. He was there making repairs to the house and told me she had 2 weeks left to vacate the house. I went insane. She did not understand what had happened to her and she had no clue about what to do. I called everyone I could think of. Only to have the judge tell what he had done was not illegal. His exact words was that it was immoral but not illegal.

The only thing he was forced to do is to rent her the house for as long as she wanted to continue to live there, but that 50 thousand dollars was not going to last her that long, so social services used the money to buy her a trailer, and to pay the rent for a lot in a motor park.

This is happening again. This time, everywhere, and with the help of the banks and our governments at every level, State, Local, County, and Federal. No one is helping these people and there will be no one left with any power to help us, when they come for us. And you can rest assured that they are going to come for us.

new topics

top topics

join