It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France running out of gas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Blaine91555

But Unions don't like harming people, they negotiate a fair day's wage for a fair day's work, so you can live If left to the employer you would get SFA
If you are confused go and take some comprehension lessons, as the thread is a glance at what happens when the fuel dries up.

I can only speak to the US, but here non-union more often than not pays better than union with better benefits. There was a time that was not true, but that's the past. That and the unions here have corrupt leadership, often criminally corrupt and they force workers to pay them while they are literal arms of a political party.

As to your OP there is not much meat on the bone. Is it just throwing mud at Macron, or is it about why the shortages exist? Seems like the cause is in fact the unions and it's intentional.

Unions cause a lot of harm when their demands get out of control. Overpaid union workers lead to prices so high it harms the general public. It's inflationary in the extreme.

We have examples here like the Longshoremen, who are so overpaid they make more than people like MD's who paid huge amounts of money and put in huge amounts of time in school to earn their pay. While the dock workers do jobs than can be learned in a day to a month on the job. That's an example of a union out of control. We've had auto worker unions here bankrupt the companies.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Here in the UK train drivers are striking and they are on more money than some lawyers I know.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

When unions hold countries hostage to demand excessive pay while threatening to destroy economies, they become the enemy of the people.

I'm pro-union where needed, but most unions in the US are now just a strong-arm scheme to line the pockets of the union leaders while buying politicians with union dues.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Agreed.

But then I am constantly accused of being an evil leftist Dem on here so, what do I know?

I belong to a Union but they don't have my interests at heart.

Just political crap.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Unions have gone very quiet over the last few years, I think they have had the riot act read to them.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Not very quiet here in the UK

Lots of strikes here.

Wrong again.

Don't you get tired of lying?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Like anything else in life, they can be good or bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Unions have been infiltrated by NWO they have been bought just like your politicians. A strike is a great way to stand down a workforce if they are all hanging around doing nothing. Like we have no orders please go on strike?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

That makes no sense at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

No orders for what?

Here it's Train Drivers, Postal workers, Nurses etc who are striking.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Demand has plummeted because people haven't any money to spend. They are using what they have got for essentials and saving what is left if any to keep warm when winter hits. Same all over the clown world.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Demand for trains, letters and nursing?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why not, the nurses in the NHS need to give to them to get a decent pay rise. But since it's the free NHS they don't give a toss because the rich go private anyway.

<< 1   >>

join