It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You loot, we shoot': Ron DeSantis delivers unflinching warning to criminals & looters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A firm warning delivered by President DeSantis, oops, I mean Governor DeSantis today warning criminals that looting will not be tolerated and that Florida is a 2nd amendment state so you may be shot by the business / home owner (with little fear of prosecution I am sure).

This is how you deal with lawlessness.

'You loot, we shoot': Ron DeSantis delivers unflinching warning to criminals after looters caught stealing in devastating Hurricane Ian aftermath: 'Don't even think about looting'

www.theblaze.com...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a stern warning to would-be criminals thinking about taking advantage of the chaos left by Hurricane Ian: "Don't even think about looting."

DeSantis delivered an unflinching warning to anyone contemplating looting in the aftermath of the apocalyptic hurricane.

"They boarded up all the businesses, and there are people that wrote on their plywood, ‘you loot, we shoot,'" DeSantis said during a press conference near Fort Myers in southwest Florida. "At the end of the day, we are not going to allow lawlessness to take advantage of this situation. We are a law-and-order state, and this is a law-and-order community, so do not think that you’re going to go take advantage of people who've suffered misfortune."

Later in the day, DeSantis doubled down on his law-and-order tone during a press conference in St. Augustine – in the northeastern part of the state.

"The other thing we’re concerned about, particularly in those areas that were really hard hit, is we want to make sure we’re maintaining law and order," DeSantis said. "Don’t even think about looting. Don’t even think about taking advantage of people in this vulnerable situation."

"I can tell you, in the state of Florida, you never know what may be lurking behind somebody’s home,” DeSantis said. “I would not want to chance that if I were you, given that we're a Second Amendment state."

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Good for him !

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A few criminals will be shot and a lot of criminals will learn not to be robbing places anymore. That is the way it used to be, I don't know how it got so out of whack now. I suppose the kids of influential people in the government went astray and they had to pass social rules to stop their kids from getting tossed in jail or shot so they destroyed the policies that jeopardized their kids and their reputations. I know a lot of prestigious people who had their kids turn bad, the parents are so wrapped up in making themselves look good that they don't have the time to teach their kids to be good for society, they spoil them instead of punishing them for being bad.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Good

You get what you get

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Wow. It's Katrina all over again.

When did it become okay to murder people over property, especially when that property might be canned soda and diapers?

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

When did it become okay to murder people over property, especially when that property might be canned soda and diapers?

Where you been hiding, Democrat mothers have been murdering little Democrat foetus for years.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

we're a Second Amendment state."

just to remind the would be looters and gun grabbers what that means.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.".

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah.... OK

I don't think anyone needs the TV's from Walmart

edit on 1-10-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Take a few steps back, you’re heart is bleeding all over me.

You want to just let them loot anything they want?

It’s called a #ing crime.
edit on 1-10-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Please show me a documented incident when someone has been killed for stealing diapers. I'll wait.
edit on 10/1/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I will be there next week in Ft. Myers to help my mom clean up and toss out all the fruniture and bigger items that were ruined in the 4ft surge they had in their condo. I will be checking my pistol for the flight (I hardly ever do) and so help me god if I find someone trying to steal from those who have in many cases lost it all...I will ensure they lose it all as well. Since when has it been ok to loot peoples homes? Especially when so many have lost so much? Just because you lost all your things its ok to go take from another now? You are old enough to know better...I know you were raised better than that especially knowing what era you were raised in.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You loot we shoot, until it’s a politicians kid doing it.

Then it was “oh they were just trying to survive”

Remember, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Also define looting. Looting to one person can be something completely different.
People get trigger happy and feel too free to shoot when it is not even their property.

Imagine a black person looking for their wrecked boat. A white person thinks they are looting and they are shot.
Who is at fault?…………
Hopefully nothing of that nature happens, but it can very easily happen.

We are a law-and-order state, and this is a law-and-order community,

That is about the funniest thing I ever heard. I’ve lived in so so many states, and so many countries. FLORIDA takes the cake when it came to lawlessness, crime, RANDOM crime and outright CRaZies. I literally, and I mean literally got lost and ended up in a dead end where a bunch of naked homeless people were strewn all about the street. There was a guy with no legs hanging over the curb. Yea, that was real “law and order”.

If we are talking about Ft. Myers specifically. I would visit my favorite shop the Silver Witch. The owner begged me to not wear my real wedding ring out because so many people had been robbed. He said he would give me a fake one instead.

St. Augustine my 70yr old mom almost got human trafficked because they thought she was a young teen from a far because she is so petite. This van sped up opened the door, took a look at my moms old face and took off like a bat out of hell. It was funny and scary at the same time.

edit on 2-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Who are, "them" to you?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The hell are you going on about.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Who are, "them" to you?

the one going through my stuff and taking what they want during recovery from a natural disaster. just the same as the ones that break into my house when there's no recovery going on.

don't play stupid, you knew that.
edit on 2-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels
a reply to: JAGStorm

The hell are you going on about.

www.snopes.com...

News photograph captions described a black man "looting" and a white couple "finding" supplies in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Reality is what I’m going on about
edit on 2-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I will be there next week in Ft. Myers to help my mom clean up and toss out all the fruniture and bigger items that were ruined in the 4ft surge they had in their condo. I will be checking my pistol for the flight (I hardly ever do) and so help me god if I find someone trying to steal from those who have in many cases lost it all...I will ensure they lose it all as well. Since when has it been ok to loot peoples homes? Especially when so many have lost so much? Just because you lost all your things its ok to go take from another now? You are old enough to know better...I know you were raised better than that especially knowing what era you were raised in.

Looting isn’t just about going into home to take things (which btw I don’t agree with)
Looting in the past has been about people literally trying to survive and get supplies for survival from natural fallout.
I posted the Katrina link above. Should they be shot? What if they “loot” on a former but now destroyed property of someone else looking for food or water? What if it were your mom, would you want someone to shoot her because she went 10 feet in the wrong direction?

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Depends on the state...What state do you live in? Here is Texas...

Texas Penal Code (2017)

Chapter 9. Justifications Excluding Criminal Responsibility

SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Looting in the past has been about people literally trying to survive and get supplies for survival from natural fallout.
I posted the Katrina link above. Should they be shot? What if they “loot” on a former but now destroyed property of someone else looking for food or water? What if it were your mom, would you want someone to shoot her because she went 10 feet in the wrong direction?

Maybe they should go to a recovery center, or go ask their neighbors for food/water...lol Geez Its more about people driving around with pickup trucks filling up whatever they can find that would sell.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join