It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Honestly, they're all going to die" - Interviews with Russian soldiers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Meduza is a Russian website, but since they are often in opposition of the government, they had to move to and currently operate out of Latvia. Here's a bit about them:

Every day, we bring you the most important news and feature stories from hundreds of sources in Russia and across the former Soviet Union. Our team includes some of Russia’s top professionals in news and reporting. We value our independence and strive to be a reliable, trusted outlet for verified, unbiased information about Russia and the former Soviet Union, as well as a source for sharp insights about one of the world’s most enigmatic regions.

Meduza is now granting open access to all coverage of the war in Ukraine under a Creative Commons license.

Here are some excerpts of the interviews with the soldiers that have already fought in Ukraine and their thoughts on the current mobilization efforts by the Russian government.

Meduza

Kirill, a contract soldier said some of this in his interview:

If I’m being honest, they’re all going to die there. They'll be mutilated and killed. This isn’t a trained army! I, for example, served [as a contract soldier] for a long time, then chose to go [to the front in Ukraine] myself — and I still found myself unprepared. The very first day, I realized I had made the biggest mistake of my life.

When I decided to go to Ukraine, I was a staunch patriot. I believed there were Nazi formations of some kind there, like the Right Sector, the Aidar [Battalion], the Azov [Battalion]. Plus I’d watched a bunch of [Russian] films like Soltsepyok and Opolchenochka. Plus, all of the Telegram and TV channels were designed to pump [that stuff into] our brains.

I’ve served more than a few times, and I can tell when I’m being sent in for slaughter. And I immediately told this guy with big epaulets to # off: “I’m not just a bargaining chip! I’m a soldier for the Russian army! You can’t just throw me under the bus like this!” To which he answered, “You’re all just cannon fodder. You’re the third group of people to form this battalion. Do you know where the first two groups died? And you’ll die here.” Then he told my commander, “Send in the meat." [Us.]

And from Anatoly, a mercenary:

Some of my friends have recently had children — theoretically, those people can’t be conscripted. But they’re conscripting them anyway. People are clutching their head; they don’t know what to do. A lot of people have loans and mortgages — who’s going to pay them now?

I don’t understand what this crowd of people is going to achieve. If we, the professionals, got our asses whipped out there, what do they think they’re going to do? The best case scenario is that they stay in the reserves [in the Donbas]. The worst is that they die a hero’s death. Two options.

Especially if they get thrown out there after a week of training. A week — that’s nothing at all! Combat units need at least a month to a month and a half for unit cohesion.

And from Chingiz, a contract soldier:

This [mobilization] is evidence that the army’s been defeated. And they’re conscripting anyone and everyone. A lot of people don’t understand, but that’s how it is: Russia’s professional army has been destroyed over the last six months — and now they’re conscripting the entire reserve.

I was a contract soldier myself — and [even] we were given inadequate training. The photo reports [of the training] are one thing — but the results [at the front] showed that it was all a Potemkin village.

These are just excerpts and the longer read is very interesting. How will this all end? How long before more Russians realize they are just being used as cannon fodder by a madman? Sacrificed in a war they already lost.

Article in Russian

p.s. What is up with image upload? Process seems broken, how do we upload images we wish to head the article? Grassyass.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

p.s. What is up with image upload? Process seems broken, how do we upload images we wish to head the article? Grassyass.

Use the following link;

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Use the following link;

img.abovetopsecret.com...

That's what I was looking for, thanks! Forgot to bookmark it last week and other solutions I found didn't work. Appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Russia is fighting the full technological might of NATO, they’re not fighting Ukraine, they’re fighting Ukrainians under full NATO leadership and technology

Russias can fire their artillery in barrages

NATO commander will know exactly where they fired from due to sensors and NATO hardware, pinpoint their i location in seconds and provide Ukrainian artillery with counter battery return fire with Excalibur rounds where every shell is a guided munitions and direct hit

NATO Satellites and SIGNIT aircraft will track in real-time every Russian movement and filter down to command geolocation and targeting data their exact position accounting for speed of transport or walking to take your head of with HIMARS

Russia doesn’t have this capability and it’s commanders are seriously inexperienced, or incompetent

They don’t have the supplies or logistics capabilities

They do not have the kit or advanced modern hardware

All Russia has now is cannon fodder ?

A long hard winter and stalled positions fit both sides, until spring and the cannon fodder is burnt out

This will be one of the greatest military defeats is history, bigger that the Finish victory and the Israeli 6 day war combined

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Funny how none of these articles talk about the fact your average American is unable to watch any Russian news outlets. But your average Russians can still watch CNN, BBC, FOX, etc.

You all are being lied too...

I know many won't believe me.
Perhaps you will listen to him...

edit on 28-9-2022 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Funny how none of these articles talk about the fact your average American is unable to watch any Russian news outlets. But your average Russians can still still watch CNN, BBC, FOX, etc.

Have you seen what russian's call 'news'?

It isn't what anyone else would call 'news'.

Pro tip: You can watch segments from russia's most popular (by FAR) 'news' show on the Tube every day:

youtube.com...

It's frighteningly hilarious!

edit on 28-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Funny how none of these articles talk about the fact your average American is unable to watch any Russian news outlets. But your average Russians can still watch CNN, BBC, FOX, etc.

Having watched what ruZZia calls news... I know well and good whos being lied too. (ruZZia has been lying every day, since day one of the 'training exercises' prior to the invasion til present) anyone that thinks otherwise is being willfully ignorant on a god like level.

Funny you include FOX as a western news source, I watch a few of tucker carlsons stuff on and off... I wouldnt call that news, although it is funny that ruZZian state media likes to play his stuff from time to time as an example of good pro-ruZZian western media.

Noams lost it the last decade, the guy was decent and respected once (hey I liked him), but lately the guys gone so far out of field he's in the rough, down the bank and plopped into the duck pond. Especially if he's willing to go on a show like russel brands BS. Not sure why, sad really...
edit on 28-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

I look at it this way, either the president of Ukraine would be looking to make peace, or he isn't. Since he is now demanding all territory returned, this tells me that he thinks he is winning. Why is that? Is it because of how the military is performing? If it is, then it must be good. If they are doing good, there is no reason to cede territory. If they are doing bad, well, then you might give up Crimea or something. This dude isn't giving up anything. Either he is a fool, and has bought into a Russian trap, or he is correct, and the next 6 months will show it.

I do know one thing though, Russia is getting ready to claim those areas of Ukraine under referendum. Once they do, they are part of Russia, from the Russian perspective and hence, any attack on them is attack on Russia. Russia could then declare war, and instead of 300k recruits, they have 3 million. now i am not saying they can or will win, but when you have 3 million rifles shooting at you instead of 300k, that is a force factor of 10. Shear numbers could beat Ukraine into a better negotiating position. time will tell.

Camain

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Your source is not very reliable.
edit on 28-9-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

Funny how none of these articles talk about the fact your average American is unable to watch any Russian news outlets. But your average Russians can still still watch CNN, BBC, FOX, etc.

Pro tip: You can watch segments from russia's most popular (by FAR) 'news' show on the Tube every day:

youtube.com...

As funny as CNN MSNBC promoting Russia Gate and pee tapes for a year and a half? I don't watch Russian news so I can't comment on the accuracy but if they get it right every once in a while they have a higher accuracy rating than here in the states.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Russia is fighting the full technological might of NATO, they’re not fighting Ukraine, they’re fighting Ukrainians under full NATO leadership and technology

Russias can fire their artillery in barrages

NATO commander will know exactly where they fired from due to sensors and NATO hardware, pinpoint their i location in seconds and provide Ukrainian artillery with counter battery return fire with Excalibur rounds where every shell is a guided munitions and direct hit

NATO Satellites and SIGNIT aircraft will track in real-time every Russian movement and filter down to command geolocation and targeting data their exact position accounting for speed of transport or walking to take your head of with HIMARS

Russia doesn’t have this capability and it’s commanders are seriously inexperienced, or incompetent

You're basically right, except that Russia is not actually fighting the full technological capability of NATO. If Ukraine had NATO aircraft, for example, there wouldn't be any Russian aircraft still flying inside Ukraine. If Western naval forces got involved, the Russian Black Sea fleet would be parked on the bottom of the Black Sea, etc. The Western alliance is trying to do just enough to defeat Russia inside Ukraine without doing anything that could be viewed as an offensive push into Russian territory.

If Russia decides to use weapons of mass destruction (tactical nuclear weapons, for example) the rules will change. Tactical nuclear weapons inside Russia will be taken out with precision conventional strikes before they can get in range of Ukraine and other parts of Europe, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

The problem is that they still will have the logistical issues that they have now, whether it's 300,000 or 3 million troops. In fact it will probably be worse with more troops. Unless they can overcome the logistical issues that they have now, which is not something that you can overcome quickly, throwing more troops into the mix is going to exacerbate their issues.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

youtube.com...

As funny as CNN MSNBC promoting Russia Gate and pee tapes for a year and a half? I don't watch Russian news so I can't comment on the accuracy but if they get it right every once in a while they have a higher accuracy rating than here in the states.

Picture pee tape x 10,000.

Not exaggerating.

They don't even pretend to be 'real' anymore.

I've been watching daily for about 6 months.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Do you think Russia was at some point that their homeland was going to be invaded anytime in the next 50 years where they needed to make a stand in Ukraine? Was NATO planning some massive invasion? Was EU ready to not buy Russia's energy at their price? Was there really any threat to Russia from anyone for them to decide to do the unthinkable in 2021?

We are talking about the unthinkable and even Russia can not say why they did it, or more importantly do not want to say because it is about money, power and control they once had with the old world USSR. It's not about the poor Russians in Donbas, it is not about the 100 super secret US bio weapons they talked about for like a week and then disappeared, It is not about some massive invasion of their homeland... now what is it...

Russia is willing to kill 100,000s to include the poor Russians in Donbas, their own people, or anyone else. They are willing to wipe cities off the map in their goal, for what? They do this because those Ukrainian's decided to fight back, so please explain it to us...

edit on 28-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OP. As a Soldier. I personally question this "interview".
This poor sucker, ain't a Soldier.

Soldiers, (of any country),... don't humiliate themselves like this.

No Soldier goes to war, expecting to live. If they did? Soldiers would not exist!

There's not to many of them. It takes special men to fight.
Idiots have taken control of the "propaganda"/news....
In all countries....

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You guys could always kill your leader instead of innocents.

You do you I can't gaf what happens.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Logistics only matter if you care about the troops. If you don't care about the troops, its a none issues. Its about short term gains based on huge sacrifice. If you have 3 million soldiers overwhelming the Ukrainian lines and pushing them back, you seize more territory. One Ukrainian can only fire one rifle at a time, when they have 10 rifles firing back, they got issues. doesn't matter how many supplies you blow up, once that army gets to the front and disburse, it will be hard to hold it back.

This could be the reason why Ukraine wants long range weapons. If you hit those troops while they mobilize near the border, its alot easier than once they walk into combat.

Camain

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."
-S.T.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Do you think Russia was at some point that their homeland was going to be invaded anytime in the next 50 years where they needed to make a stand in Ukraine? Was NATO planning some massive invasion? Was EU ready to not buy Russia's energy at their price? Was there really any threat to Russia from anyone for them to decide to do the unthinkable in 2021?

We are talking about the unthinkable and even Russia can not say why they did it, or more importantly do not want to say because it is about money, power and control they once had with the old world USSR. It's not about the poor Russians in Donbas, it is not about the 100 super secret US bio weapons they talked about for like a week and then disappeared, It is not about some massive invasion of their homeland... now what is it...

Russia is willing to kill 100,000s to include the poor Russians in Donbas, their own people, or anyone else. They are willing to wipe cities off the map in their goal, for what? They do this because those Ukrainian's decided to fight back, so please explain it to us...

Russia was falling apart. They were looking at a population implosion. It was now or never.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
OP. As a Soldier. I personally question this "interview".
This poor sucker, ain't a Soldier.

Soldiers, (of any country),... don't humiliate themselves like this.

No Soldier goes to war, expecting to live. If they did? Soldiers would not exist!

There's not to many of them. It takes special men to fight.
Idiots have taken control of the "propaganda"/news....
In all countries....

Ummm... EVERY soldier should go to war expecting to live. If you didnt you should probably check in with behavioral health. These guys see the elites in their country with mega yachts and mansions, and they are getting told to buy their own supplies for a war with people that did nothing to them.
edit on 29-9-2022 by Beans4breakfast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join