It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They aren’t even hiding their Devilish ways

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So I’m cleaning up the house and have the tv on in the background. I normally don’t watch tv but when I don’t want to listen to music I’ll just have the news on for background noise.

The Today show is on and they are showing an exercise bit. I started to pay attention.
The lady giving the exercise demo said she uses the number 666 because it is devilish and easy to remember.

They don’t even care anymore, they aren’t even hiding it.

I’m not the most religious person, but I’m also not going to devil worship while exercising!!!!!

Yes I changed the channel. I’m going back to just watching historical videos on Youtube!!
edit on 28-9-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The lady giving the exercise demo said she uses the number 666 because it is devilish and easy to remember.

*falls back on fainting couch…

“I do declare!”

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

She's really just "exorcising".

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yes I changed the channel. I’m going back to just watching historical videos on Youtube!!

Uh... Got some bad news about YouTube....

Aren't most exercise routines based on some form or another of religious worship? Yoga, Tai chi, ?pilates?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I use that number for lots or things too (though not passwords and the like). It is very easy to remember. If you need someone else to remember the number it is easy for them, too.

616 is another good one, though less people know it.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I use that number for lots or things too (though not passwords and the like). It is very easy to remember. If you need someone else to remember the number it is easy for them, too.

Why 666?

Isn't 555 just as easy to remember? Wouldn't any three consecutive numbers be just as easy to remember?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'll sometimes use 666 just to freak people out.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'll sometimes use 666 just to freak people out.

And there it is - that is the real reason. They like being provocative. These are the same people who would use racial slurs in a different day.
edit on 28-9-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I caused a stir in High School for claiming Friday the 13th was my lucky day. Apparently that made me a Satanist and wearing black contributed to the rumor.

Most things are innocuous associations and nothing more than humorous invocations.

Right now there is a big pop culture fascination with occultism and speaking as Christian myself I can understand the concerns others have with it because it may seem like harmless fun unless you take it deathly seriously in which case things are no longer a laughing matter.

I even make light of serious matters from time to time.

It's really more about intent than anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Katatonik

She's really just "exorcising".

LMAO Great reply!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

It IS a lucky day. For me anyway.

My wife was born on Friday the 13th.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What makes something evil? Man made language and numbers so why do you think that we have to power to make something evil? Think of human language as something that does not matter because it does not.
edit on 28-9-2022 by TheUniverse2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

Agreed. You jumped out of them that frying pan and into the fire, there, JAGStorm. If I wanted to get away from the devil's playground, I'd surely not go to YouTube.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

No. People remember the number of the beast a lot easier.

If for no other reason than the Iron Maiden song.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Agreed. You jumped out of them that frying pan and into the fire, there, JAGStorm. If I wanted to get away from the devil's playground, I'd surely not go to YouTube.

I love Youtube. The historical shows are amazing.
Here’s one of my favorites.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheUniverse2
What makes something evil? Man made language and numbers so why do you think that we have to power to make something evil? Think of human language as something that does not matter because it does not.

Sometimes, just intent. She may use that number to freak people out, but she then opens the door to all sorts of demonic activity for herself.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: incoserv

I love Youtube. The historical shows are amazing.
Here’s one of my favorites.

As do I - youtube has all the old movies, thrillers and mysteries, it is a gold mine!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Youtube has changed but there still is a lot of good content. I watch it a lot more than all of the paid premium crap we have. I can’t get rid of those bc my family likes it.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Right on! Congrats on finding your forever love! That's a beautiful association!

The Friday the 13th was a good day for me because we were having auditions for UIL Choir in school and I got 13th chair on Friday the 13th, so I considered 13 to be a lucky number for a while. (I love to sing, but I was new to the competative aspect).

I had to explain to folks not to have such a negative associative prejudice over small things, like numbers and colors.

Some people got it, others didn't.

Can't please everyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I fail to see how simply saying a number out loud will do that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join