It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ukraine about to get M1 Abrams Tanki

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
NEW: U.S. defense official said "tanks are on the table" for Ukrainian forces but Ukraine will need to show the ability to maintain more modern variants to receive them.

Western countries have already provided Ukraine with Soviet-era tanks.

LINK

I mean... i'm pretty sure Ukraine will find a way to maintain them if those are the terms, they've done pretty well with everything else

But then it makes sense... as Prior to recent Abrams build up we see HIMARS arriving in Poland and Romania and i wasnt expecting that, so perhaps were going to see Abrams on the battlefield this Autumn/Fall
Abrams tanks from US Army stocks continue arriving in Poland.
Abrams Poland

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wonder if these will retain the depleted uranium armor skirting? Will be a bit of a game changer if they get trained up on using the on board systems and optics. The night vision/thermal optics on these are deadly accurate, better than some of the attack helicopters optics.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I wonder if these will retain the depleted uranium armor skirting?

along with the reactive armor I'm sure other wise what would be the point of sending them Abrams ?

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I hadn't expected M1s for Ukraine, primarily due to it's turbine engine being radically different than anything Ukrainian tank mechanics had ever worked on, which requires all new training, tooling and equipment in order to maintain them.

My best guess is still that we are pushing M1s into Poland so that Poland can donate more old russian tanks to Ukraine, but...

Lend-lease is about to start, and Poland has already developed all the necessary M1 maintenance capabilities, so it's possible that we give M1s to Ukraine on Lend-lease (where Ukraine gives back any surviving equipment after the war), while Poland provides any required major maintenance for Ukrainian M1s (via swaps maybe?) during the war.

Definately worth keeping an eye on, even 50 M1s used properly would very difficult for russia to stop with the ancient tools available to them.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

along with the reactive armor I'm sure other wise what would be the point of sending them Abrams ?

They outclass any russian armor by a country mile in every way other than fuel consumption, and no russian tank gun has ever penetrated an M1.

M1 compared to T72/T90 is similar to HIMARS compared to Grad.

edit on 19-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

I hadn't expected M1s for Ukraine, primarily due to it's turbine engine being radically different than anything Ukrainian tank mechanics had ever worked on, which requires all new training, tooling and equipment in order to maintain them.

My best guess is still that we are pushing M1s into Poland so that Poland can donate more old russian tanks to Ukraine, but...

Lend-lease is about to start, and Poland has already developed all the necessary M1 maintenance capabilities, so it's possible that we give M1s to Ukraine on Lend-lease (where Ukraine gives back any surviving equipment after the war), while Poland provides any required major maintenance for Ukrainian M1s (via swaps maybe?) during the war.

Definately worth keeping an eye on, even 50 M1s used properly would very difficult for russia to stop with the ancient tools available to them.

No i hadn't either if i'm being perfectly honest, way off the radar, i would have expected F-16 before Abrams, because 250 were to replace Polands T-72 sent to Ukraine right? so ok that explains the hundreds of Abrams arriving in Poland

But.... then there has been story all summer how Ukrainians in Poland were training on Abrams

Jack Detsch must have been in a recent Pentagon briefing regarding the issue though, and if those are the terms to obtain them, and crews are already trained on the M1 Abrams...i'm sure Ukraine will find a way to meet them, so soon?

Surprise is everything

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If/When they field those tanks, thats going to piss of those Russians and it should, thats a major escalation right there and Russia has already targetted shipments of munitions and military equipment to Ukraine.

They best not, Russia said they did not want this to turn into a proxy war.

Well, what did they expect? Ukraine to just roll over? I think they underestimated how much the US is willing to spend to prop up a gorilla campaign against their invading force and they also did not certainly expect this many casualities.

Russia bit off more than they can chew and are now choking.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

No i hadn't either if i'm being perfectly honest, way off the radar, i would have expected F-16 before Abrams, because 250 were to replace Polands T-72 sent to Ukraine right? so ok that explains the hundreds of Abrams arriving in Poland

But.... then there has been story all summer how Ukrainians in Poland were training on Abrams

Jack Detsch must have been in a recent Pentagon briefing regarding the issue though, and if those are the terms to obtain them, and crews are already trained on the M1 Abrams...i'm sure Ukraine will find a way to meet them, so soon?

Surprise is everything

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ukrainians were being trained for operations and tactics for M1s, but even basic maintenance training would (should?) take a lot more than a year, which is why I'm speculating on Poland possibly providing major maintenance for Ukraine.

F16s are not on the table. They just aren't.

Ukraine wants that model specifically because they were specifically designed for fast training of pilots and maintenance crews, and they frighten russia, but F16s just aren't a good choice.

F16s have design limitations that would prevent Ukraine from using them in the current environment, and russia has made nuke threats if we give them any.

I do think that Ukraine will get some American (and possibly European) fighters after russia surrenders, but they won't be F16s.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

They outclass any russian armor by a country mile in every way other than fuel consumption, and no russian tank gun has ever penetrated an M1.

M1 compared to T72/T90 is similar to HIMARS compared to Grad.

Yup they're great tanks, definitely will be the superior tank on the battlefield now, Only real rival would be the T-90M... Russia Has something like 60 odd T-90M left I THINK? only two destroyed but they're rare trophies

Which they're probably saving for deep into Lughask, those will be slightly more difficult to knock out for the T-72 and ATGMs, so getting a number of M1 on the field sure is a good idea for the final push to steamroll these clowns

Ah which reminds me here is the video of the first captured T-90M recently, i wouldn't suggest anybody would be interested in back engineering, but as an intelligence gold mine, of the charts good news

VIDEO

Tanks for playing:

A Ukrainian T-72 tows a captured
Russian T-90M, one of the newest Russian tanks in their inventory.

Although very few have been destroyed in the war so far, a captured T-90M will be an intelligence gold mine, as NATO can reverse engineer it and more.

Some pics

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ah , why doesn't the United States and the Criminal Biden Administration just Declare WAR with the Russian Federation Already ? The MAJORITY of the American People Do Not Support the Ukraine nor the Russian Federation . A Vote of " No Confidence " is in Order here . A POTUS Escalating a Military Conflict without the American People's IMPUT is an Unconstitutional Criminal Act .

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ah , why doesn't the United States and the Criminal Biden Administration just Declare WAR with the Russian Federation Already ? The MAJORITY of the American People Do Not Support the Ukraine nor the Russian Federation . A Vote of " No Confidence " is in Order here . A POTUS Escalating a Military Conflict without the American People's IMPUT is an Unconstitutional Criminal Act .

Because contrary to russian propaganda, the US and NATO have no interest in fighting russia, only in helping Ukraine defend itself from an invasion.

Also - no confidence votes aren't really a thing in the US.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
If/When they field those tanks, thats going to piss of those Russians and it should, thats a major escalation right there

Nobody cares, Its War

Where long past... Ohh Russia will be annoyed, don't care, mushrooms lots of mushrooms

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Because only the US version is equipped with depleted uranium for obvious control reasons, other countries that have Abrams get the this steel version skirts. That’s why.
edit on 19-9-2022 by 38181 because: Spellcheck

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Because only the US version is equipped with depleted uranium for obvious control reasons, other countries that have Abrams get the this steal version skirts. That’s why.

That is only one of MANY ways they outclass russian gear, and not even the most important one since russian tanks can rarely hit an M1 when used properly.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Helping Ukraine defend/beat the guy who has had Nukes pointed at them for 60 years?

TREASON Treeeeeeeeeson i tell theee

How dare we knock out a strategic competitor hellbent on countering our foreign policy with other peer competitors building an axis against us

THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS

How dare we ensure our survival

RETREAT

LMAO omg lol you guys are great

edit on 19-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

" Because contrary to russian propaganda, the US and NATO have no interest in fighting russia, only in helping Ukraine defend itself from an invasion. "

Is that Your Personal Opinion , or do you have Inside Information to Support that Claim > ?

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

" Also - no confidence votes aren't really a thing in the US."

Are you a American Citizen > ? If Not , your Opinions about U.S. Foreign Policy is Irrelevant ....

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

" Also - no confidence votes aren't really a thing in the US.

Are you a American Citizen > ? If Not , your Opinions about U.S. Foreign Policy is Irrelevant ....

Not that it's any of your bizness, but yes.

No confidence votes are mostly a parliamentary system thing, not even mentioned in our constitution or used in many governmental affairs here.

The only tools provided by our constitution to congress for the type of situation you have in mind are to change existing laws, impeach the president, or restrict funding to something.

We don't have no confidence votes that prompt new elections like many parliamentary system countries do.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Helping Ukraine defend/beat the guy who has had Nukes pointed at them for 60 years?

TREASON Treeeeeeeeeson i tell theee

How dare we knock out a strategic competitor hellbent on countering our foreign policy with other peer competitors building an axis against us

THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS

How dare we ensure our survival

RETREAT

LMAO omg lol you guys are great

As an American Citizen , I , and Tens of Millions of my Fellow American Citizens STILL Consider Russia and Ukraine as ENEMIES of the United States . If you are somehow looking for Sympathy considering the Conflict between those Two Foreign Powers , you will get NONE . Let them Both Kill each other till the Cows come Home while My PRESENT Corrupt Federal Government gets itself Involved in yet ANOTHER Proxy War Against the Best Wishes of it's People that will Not End Well for the American People .

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

" Because contrary to russian propaganda, the US and NATO have no interest in fighting russia, only in helping Ukraine defend itself from an invasion. "

Is that Your Personal Opinion , or do you have Inside Information to Support that Claim > ?

See every public statement by every US leader and high ranking military official since Feb 24.

Google might help.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join