It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Admiral Byrd

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Some of you might remember back before this site became a political troll farm that we used to talk about all kids of conspiracy theories.
My favorites were always about humanities secret past. And one of the more interesting of those was the story of a united states admiral that flew to antarctica and the amazing things he was rumored to have seen while there.

I'm not going to rehash all of it but long story short he saw ancient megalith buildings, advanced nazi tech, and maybe some aliens.
I never put to much faith in the last two but ancient megaliths imo where not out of the realm of possibility.

This link is said to be dozens of photos from one of his expeditions. In them can clearly be seen megaliths with their classic giant block building style. Check it out. Real? Fake?
imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I did a visual search on Google lens of the first photo. They are from a book published this year. Notice the disclaimer at the bottom of the entry of the first link.

"Note: Certain elements of these images may have been enhanced or generated by AI for quality purposes"

That could mean anything as far as photo manipulation goes. Also the book has a one of five star rating.

lostbooks.medium.com...

lostbooks.gumroad.com...

It seems to be an AI generated art book.

edit on 8 28 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Some of you might remember back before this site became a political troll farm that we used to talk about all kids of conspiracy theories.
My favorites were always about humanities secret past. And one of the more interesting of those was the story of a united states admiral that flew to antarctica and the amazing things he was rumored to have seen while there.

I'm not going to rehash all of it but long story short he saw ancient megalith buildings, advanced nazi tech, and maybe some aliens.
I never put to much faith in the last two but ancient megaliths imo where not out of the realm of possibility.

This link is said to be dozens of photos from one of his expeditions. In them can clearly be seen megaliths with their classic giant block building style. Check it out. Real? Fake?
imgur.com...

Fake.
Computer generated image - using LALL-E.
See the small five-color mark at the bottom right?
The hoaxer didn't even bother to remove the DALL-E watermark.

Harte

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

imgur.com...

Fake.
Computer generated image - using LALL-E.
See the small five-color mark at the bottom right?
The hoaxer didn't even bother to remove the DALL-E watermark.
Harte

I have to agree with Harte. Although these are in some ways different than the Dall-E generated art I usually see, the watermark is the same as is that look and feel they usually have.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
I was also thinking why all the faces were blacked out or blurred. Picture #4 as you scroll down in particular.
I also noticed something very odd with picture #7. Look behind the men's legs and there is a well defined bright white area.
Hmmmm..... you are right, something fishy here.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Even if these were real... Cool? Those chiseled rocks don't look very high tech lol

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Why would finding 6ft tall stone obelisks cause mass panic of the population?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
These are art pieces. Clearly there is artistic manipulation in these depictions.
Wish they were real...but the artistic eye is there behind each image.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Maybe if there is any actual scientific proof that Pangea existed, then what Byrd found would have been ancient buildings from that period? Science currently says no humans existed 200 million years ago, same time as Pangea started to break up.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I would love the man's account and the diary to be real, but that's just wishful thinking.

Great topic all the same and indeed reminiscent of the old ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Aww really, that sucks.

It felt to good to be true. And it was. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Imagine if you will that we're going to see more and more pictures that have been classified, but only after they went trough the dall-e algorithm. Would make for a very sneaky declass.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
Correct, the information gets released with an easy debunk, it's a double bluff
Standard operating procedure

Who cares either way, there's more interesting things to be found by looking within, Dragons, Humanoid frogs, and much more

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

they are blacked out or blurred because currently Dalle2 doesnt allow the upload or use of real human faces.
I think its against their policy because it could be used with nefarious intent.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

the only thing I will say to this , is that the AI is trained using the millions of images found on the internet
so it has to have source material.

so there is the possibility that maybe there is a black and white antarctica photo somewhere online which features an obelisk that it used as training data. Or as I suspect its just using other source material and then sticking it all together to match the User text input

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

20 minute video about operation high jump. I thought it was fun to watch and pretty unbiased.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Computer generated image - using LALL-E. See the small five-color mark at the bottom right? The hoaxer didn't even bother to remove the DALL-E watermark. Harte

Admiral Byrd was the highest decorated officer in the US Navy. He stopped off in South America and in an interview said the world was up against a more advanced opponent. After his death fake diaries where found with fanciful tales.

The images are hoax but there is far more to this story for those that have a discerning eye.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They're not even wearing the type of polar exploration clothing that Admiral Byrd wore. If you google for Byrd Expedition Antarctica you can see a bunch of photos. None of them match that hot mess you linked.

So, yes. Fake.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

the only thing I will say to this , is that the AI is trained using the millions of images found on the internet
so it has to have source material.

so there is the possibility that maybe there is a black and white antarctica photo somewhere online which features an obelisk that it used as training data. Or as I suspect its just using other source material and then sticking it all together to match the User text input

More likely to be something from a movie. It looks rather staged and the clothing is all wrong (at least for that time period. For modern times, when there's better heat-retaining material, the clothing's possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Isn't there a surfaced submarine (conning tower) in the background of a couple of pics?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join