It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Recruitment Head Refused Order to 'Prioritise Women and Ethnic Minorities over White Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The RAF is to White and Male and something needs to be done about that so rather than recruit on merit the Ministry of Defence decided it was time for a bit of "Positive Discrimination" or as the RAF put it "course loading" to meet government "diversity targets" at the expense of recruiting the best person for the job.

In response to this order the RAF's head of recruitment , a group captain , refused the order and handed in her resignation saying she believed the order was unlawful.

"This is unlawful," the officer, who headed the RAF's 450-strong recruitment team, wrote in the email, dated 4 August, adding: "I am not prepared to delegate or abdicate the responsibility of actioning that order to my staff."

It's reassuring to know that there are still people with integrity out there and I applaud the unnamed group captain for her action rather than acquiescing to the Woke agenda at the expense of our counties security.

A government minister on Friday said any evidence of potential positive discrimination - the illegal promotion of someone solely based on a specific, protected characteristic - within the RAF would be investigated and those responsible held to account.

James Heappey, the Armed Forces minister, was speaking after Sky News reported on Tuesday that the head of recruitment had resigned over what defence sources described as an "effective pause" on offering jobs to white men in favour of women and ethnic minorities to hit "impossible" diversity targets.

Mr Heappey disputed this characterisation of the pause.

He said that Air Chief Marshal Sir Mike Wigston, who heads the RAF, had asked his team to "pause" offering training slots to all candidates while he and his senior leaders consider how they might take legal steps - so-called positive action - to assist improving diversity levels on various training courses in the year to March 2023

The MoD and government are at the source of this finding scape goats within the RAF is not acceptable !

The group captain wrote in her email that the order to load women and ethnic minorities alone was "not actioned".

"This direction is to make offers of employment to additional women and EM [ethnic minority] candidates solely on the basis of their protected characteristics and in preference to non-EM men who have successfully passed all selection criteria ahead of them," she wrote.

She said such a move would be against equality legislation and against the RAF's own legal guidance.
news.sky.com... eals-12678612

My father served in the RAF and I was born on an RAF base , this news makes my blood boil.

Heads must roll ! , no scape goats allowed.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I read about this and was disgusted, ethnicity what has that got to do with anything the job's should go the best qualified and most able to perform them.

There job is to protect our nation not push political agenda's.

Well just another day in looney town I guess.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I first read about it a few days ago but have only calmed down enough today to avoid having to put the thread in the Rant forum , my concern is that the RAF is just one of our armed forces where this is happening and that our defence forces are being weakened through politically correct interference because of government "diversity" targets.
edit on 22-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

He said that Air Chief Marshal Sir Mike Wigston, who heads the RAF, had asked his team to "pause" offering training slots to all candidates while he and his senior leaders consider how they might take legal steps - so-called positive action - to assist improving diversity levels on various training courses in the year to March 2023

Wigston is a bloomin' Kaniggit of the realm

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Bah !
You're so raaaccist and sexxxist !!

It's not about being able to do the job, fly a fighter jet or win a war.

It's about getting the high pay, honors, and prestige BUT don't force them to do the hard work to get there, that would be raaacisst and sexxxist. Lower passing standards as much as possible, just for them, and screw the consequences.

And besides, they don't want to do the work. Just the high pay and honors and prestige, with no work. Give them fighter pilot licences on account of "because"....

What could go wrong ?

Kudos to that lady captain for standing up against insanity

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Theres an ex RAF dude on Youtube called "Fast Jet Performance" who has been getting more and more exasperated recently over how the whole woke virus has infected and is destroying the RAF

He talks a whole lot of sense IMO-but is likley considered evil by all the wokies.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Great video , thanks.

I think his BBC News Night interview offer then withdrawal speaks volumes about both the BBC and the current culture in general.

Top comment in the comments section from the video.

I'm a gay black Muslim transvestite who identifies as a rocking horse....I start my RAF training next week, when I get my wings I'm identifying as an angel

edit on 22-8-2022 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Does the UK still have people drawn and quartered? Sounds like subjecting those responsible for this idiotic policy to ancient style punishment might urge the rest with self-inflicted stupidity to pull their heads out of their backsides.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Every institution it infests,wokism destroys from within.
If such ideology was spread intentionaly as a form of soft warfare-that would definitely benefit our enemies,and even sometimes our own governments- as it weakens society by creating massive and often needless divisions,thus distracting people from other more serious issues.

I have long thought there is something else behind all the new wave activism that has zero regard for any of the causes,but use them to destabilize and cause harm to society for other reasons.
If you follow the money...its the usual globalists.
What a shock.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Is this really surprising? Were headed there in America too. Wait until you find out your surgeon was bottom of the class and only hired because he's a minority. Or maybe they'll want to "positively discriminate" in the airline industry next. "He's a terrible pilot but at least he's black"

edit on 22-8-2022 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The tragedy of this type of thing is that all the good and "appointed on merit" ethnic candidates will be live under suspicion that they were only appointed because of the colour of their skin.

It breeds cynicism and mistrust. This is precisely what you don't need in one of the armed services.

The MOD civil servant woke brigade need to be (er) thrown out of the plane without a parachute.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I hate to see it. Welcome, unfortunately, to woke world. What would happen here is a group of the rowdies would start following, and harassing anyone with nerve to do what is right despite the "woke decries" to do what we know is wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The tragedy of this type of thing is that all the good and "appointed on merit" ethnic candidates will be live under suspicion that they were only appointed because of the colour of their skin.

It breeds cynicism and mistrust. This is precisely what you don't need in one of the armed services.

The MOD civil servant woke brigade need to be (er) thrown out of the plane without a parachute.

I feel this too is a page out of the "Rules for Radicals" Playbook. It weakens any organization to hire lesser candidates when a superior one is available. It weakens the perception of the skill set of the individual who earned that job no matter their origins.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   
As a woman I am proud that the recruitment officer who resigned is a woman. Which should show you that most of us have principles and know there are capable women that can be hired on merit, even if there are far less then men.
I however know from life experience that once you have a minority boss, you'll never see any white people getting hired again.

Also whilst I upvoted the post, I think the video about the woman crashing the plain was unnecessary. I have seen clips of dumb male soldiers galore and they also crash planes btw.

new topics

top topics

join