It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty International- "Ukrainian fighting tactics endanger civilians."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

When you are defending a city where are you meant to defend it from?

And, Russian precision guided munitions seem strangely attracted to residential apartments and shopping malls.

As do their shells when they use them to indiscriminately flatten whole towns and cities.

You OK with that?
edit on 6-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: DanGua
a reply to: Xcathdra

What is your evidence the US does not want to have other country's land? While it is true the US has not annexed anymore land after Puerto Rico and Guam in America Spain war, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Ummm...it's not the land per se that the US covets...

It's what's contained within and under the land...all those natural resources...

That's why we're still there in Syria...stealing all that oil...

YouSir

Apparently not. Care to comment on some facts which directly contradict your statement?

www.militarytimes.com...

"The Biden administration has decided it will not renew a waiver that allowed a politically connected U.S. oil company to operate in northeast Syria under President Donald Trump’s pledge to “keep the oil” produced in the region, according to a U.S. official familiar with the decision.

Treasury Department rules prohibit most U.S. companies from doing business in Syria. The waiver for Delta Crescent Energy was issued in April 2020, months after Trump announced that he wanted to keep some U.S. troops in the oil-rich region to maintain control of the oil profits."

So, no, then.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

When you are defending a city where are you meant to defend it from?

And, Russian precision guided munitions seem strangely attracted to residential apartments and shopping malls.

As do their shells when they use them to indiscriminately flatten whole towns and cities.

You OK with that?

I'm OK with that because they are usually full of military hardware and right wing militia.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Usually? Any evidence for that?

You've gone quiet about the nuclear plant thing.

Care to comment on that?

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Usually? Any evidence for that?

You've gone quiet about the nuclear plant thing.

Care to comment on that?

Amnesty International.

If the Ukrainians are shelling a nuclear power plants its clear they don't care about their people.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

"If"? They aren't.

Read the article.

The plant was damaged by Russian missiles. And it is not being maintained by Russia properly. It's out of control.

Put aside your anti Ukraine hate and look at the bigger picture. Such hate makes you part of the problem.

This could be a major disaster for all of us as the plant is located on the Dnieper river. Which runs into the sea.

Unlike Chernobyl.

But you carry on with your hate.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Amnesty International has not said "usually".

You did.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Perhaps you might care to point out where I have approved of that, "proudly", or at all?

Ummm…Carp…old bean…you’re as close to an unpaid spokesperson for daddy.gov as a poorly timed lip lock can get…

Wear that badge with pride bro…

Don’t get me wrong…I totally appreciate every single word your fingertips utter…

Totally…

YouSir

(post by BillionaireBooks removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
I posted this in the update thread as well and for the most agree with what you've said. The Russians have done a lot of nasty stuff during this war but that doesn't excuse the Ukrainians for doing nasty stuff like this either. Particularly the hospitals.

If they want to maintain support in the countries giving them the weapons to fight this war, they need to keep stuff like this to a minimum. Or the might find them selves being referred to as Novorossiya and not Ukraine.

They told civilians to leave as both sides are bombing the areas, Russia at a much higher rate and with zero accuracy though. So where are they suppose to go as they basically have only buildings as defense as there is not really anything else. Russia is trying to take every small town and village along the way as that is where ROADS are...lol

Both sides need the roads, so guess what to all the armchair warriors out there...that is where the fighting happens and all roads lead to towns.

Someone tell Amnesty International that war sucks....

edit on 7-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SinoWarrior

Ukraine is also a dictatorship.

So their President will be in charge for then next 30 years?

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I think the last estimate i saw recently was for every 1 military target ruSSia hits, its hit around 60 civilian targets... the saddest part is, even a military like China would find that ratio unacceptable in my opinion.

Absolute ruSSian bastards honestly... and theres recent photos of ruSSia hiding its own military vehicles within and in civilian centers and structures, yet somehow AI didnt care about those reports and photos.
edit on 7-8-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

(post by CrazyGoding removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Well plenty of forces hid in plain sight in the past. As i said only a fool lines up in the freaking open when you can blend in to the scenery.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I know that X. They are defending their country. And I don't have a problem with them staging from urban areas. They aren't, like yuppa said, going to stand out in a field. This isn't the 19th century where everyone lines up in neat rows and advances. My concern is when they are using places like hospitals as staging areas, inviting shelling of those places. There are lots of other infrastructure they can use that wouldn't have as many civilians that can't get out of the way around. My guess is that those hospitals are being used for both civilians and their military so they are also presenting targets that will eliminate more of their wounded. Or conversly, remove an area where they can actually take their wounded.

Russia is trying to take every small town and village along the way as that is where ROADS are...lol

I'd be more apt to describe it as Russia is trying to level every little town and village along the way a la the two Chechen wars.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So you can't actually back up your claims, then.

You just make up stuff that I have never said.

Why?
edit on 7-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

I'd be more apt to describe it as Russia is trying to level every little town and village along the way a la the two Chechen wars.

I think they have come the conclusion it doesn't matter where they go since Russia is going to blow up every building anyways. This has always been Russia's SOP for many decades when they fight.

Personally for me when someone invades my country rules of engagement go out the window in my retaliation.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes, they just flatten everything, indiscriminately.

Yet so many folk on here ignore this and hate on Zelensky and Ukraine's beleaguered military.

I find it very disturbing when longstanding members on here support a murderous dictator's unjustified invasion of another country whilst criticising that country for defending itself.

Obviously, there are a lot of new members on here who's sole purpose is to push pro Russian propaganda.

For some reason.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yes, they just flatten everything, indiscriminately.

Yet so many folk on here ignore this and hate on Zelensky and Ukraine's beleaguered military.

I find it very disturbing when longstanding members on here support a murderous dictator's unjustified invasion of another country whilst criticising that country for defending itself.

Obviously, there are a lot of new members on here who's sole purpose is to push pro Russian propaganda.

For some reason.

Its not just Ukraine, Russia is extremely brutal in all their wars as a part of their doctrine is to destroy everything including the will of the people. This is so when they move in and take over the masses have nothing and then they need Russia for everything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join