It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty International- "Ukrainian fighting tactics endanger civilians."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Amnesty international has finished it's investigations of the areas around Kharkiv, Donbas and Mykolaiv and has concluded what some of us already knew.

Ukrainian forces launching strikes from within populated residential areas as well as basing themselves in civilian buildings in 19 towns and villages in the regions. The organization’s Crisis Evidence Lab has analyzed satellite imagery to further corroborate some of these incidents.

Source
For anyone who justifies such actions.

“Being in a defensive position does not exempt the Ukrainian military from respecting international humanitarian law.”

Russia was found to have committed a few war crimes themselves.

In certain other locations in which Amnesty International concluded that Russia had committed war crimes, including in some areas of the city of Kharkiv, the organization did not find evidence of Ukrainian forces located in the civilian areas unlawfully targeted by the Russian military.

This certainly doesn't exonerate Russia but perhaps it will show some people Ukraine isn't some innocent victim of unchecked Russian aggression, and perhaps we shouldn't be sending billions of dollars in aid and weapons to the second most corrupt country in Europe...

Just a thought...
Newsweek

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I posted this in the update thread as well and for the most agree with what you've said. The Russians have done a lot of nasty stuff during this war but that doesn't excuse the Ukrainians for doing nasty stuff like this either. Particularly the hospitals.

If they want to maintain support in the countries giving them the weapons to fight this war, they need to keep stuff like this to a minimum. Or the might find them selves being referred to as Novorossiya and not Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It appears that Russia was correct that Ukrainian military were hiding among civilian population centers. While the Ukrainian officials were calling that propaganda.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
but that doesn't excuse the Ukrainians for doing nasty stuff like this either.

yes it does, dont want to die then dont wage wars, people didn't just surrender when iraq or afghanistan was invaded so why should Russians expect anything different.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

It is okay to use your citizens as shields, because some other entity is invading you? You sure that's where you stand?
edit on 8/4/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

im not arguing right vs wrong for a situation i know nothing about, the simple fact is that russia invaded and invaders get killed, when places get occupied by invaders what should you expect to happen?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Hey Boss, The link in your signature, "I think it is time the world gets one" doesn't work anymore due to RICO taking it off You-Tube. I clicked on it thinking this may be something good to watch...

I was sadly disappointed...

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

You might be ok with what amounts to war crimes but I am not. I support Ukraine's fight against the Russians as I believe the Russians invaded on BS pretexts and none of this would be happening if Russia had just stayed within their own borders. That includes the 8 years prior to the full scale invasion.

But that support isn't unconditional. Bad stuff happens during war, not going out of your way to cause it is pretty imperative if you want to hold any semblance of moral highground.

a reply to: NightFlight

Thanks. It's been fixed.
edit on 4-8-2022 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It to bad Amnesty International isn't in charge of the war; else they could do something about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

This certainly doesn't exonerate Russia but perhaps it will show some people Ukraine isn't some innocent victim of unchecked Russian aggression, and perhaps we shouldn't be sending billions of dollars in aid and weapons to the second most corrupt country in Europe...

Just a thought...

Being found guiltily of international humanitarian law on your own people after being attacked doesn't really justify the attack in anyway.

ETA

The Nazi weren't a little bit right because the allies did a few things they shouldn't be proud of.
edit on 4-8-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: JAY1980

It appears that Russia was correct that Ukrainian military were hiding among civilian population centers. While the Ukrainian officials were calling that propaganda.

And the russian backed seperatist do it as well. So it evens out. It shard to sit in a field when you are the weaker opponent. Its called guerilla warfare and the UKE people are ok with it who want their country back apparently.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   
this is being labeled as fake news by our corrupt wef owned media for ur information

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Eastern Europeans are pretty barbaric in general, at least compared to Western standards. This goes for both Ukrainians and Russians.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Bad things happen on all sides in wars.

This is bad:

BBC News - Ukraine war: 'Russia using Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant as cover to shell us'
www.bbc.co.uk...

As the plant is reportedly out of control it could turn out to be extremely bad.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Russians say Ukrainians shelled Zaporizia power plant. Should there be a leak, millions of civilians could become contaminated by radiation.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YongpengSun5

"Shelling" ain't the reason it's out of control.

According to the IAEA "every principle of nuclear safety has been violated". By Russia. Nice try but:

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Zaporizia nuclear plant has been neglected by Kiev after USSR. Kiev has no technology to do maintenance for it. Now that it is back under Moscow control, RosAtom can fix it, provided Kiev army stop shelling it.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: YongpengSun5

Do you have any evidence for that, other than "Russians say"?

They also said that they had no intention to invade Ukraine.

Which was a massive lie.

Also, it's "Zaporizhzhia".
edit on 5-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Russians invaded Ukraine to bring better lifestyle to Ukrainians. Better standard of living.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YongpengSun6

By killing them, flattening their villages, towns and cities, causing millions of them to become refugees?

Not to mention wrecking their economy.

I'm sure they'll be eternally grateful for all that.

I thought it was about 'denazification", NATO and such.
edit on 5-8-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join