It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.1808 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2022

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The US House of Representatives has passed the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2022" And they did it on a Friday as usual.

I am more of a shotgun guy but from what I have read, it applies to probably 3/4 of all semiautomatics above .22 cal. It will ban a very large part of all semiautomatic rifles and pistols.

This bill will make the people less protected from all threats, whether form wild animals or home intruders.

Please consider contacting your senators on this as soon as possible to let them know what you think of this.

The Fox news article.
www.foxnews.com...

The text of the bill.
www.congress.gov...

edit on 7 29 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So now what these clowns have achieved is unleashed a bonanza spree of firearms and ammunition purchases. The market and production will ramp up to satisfy demand (panic buying) until/if the bill becomes law (which I'm thinking it wont). Even then this SCOTUS will slap it down.

Tine to dust off "pry it from cold lifeless fingers" meme.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I will be handguns and pistols next. Little by little they strip away . My guess is that they , the 'elites' , will still have their security with assault weapons

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

I will be handguns and pistols next. Little by little they strip away . My guess is that they , the 'elites' , will still have their security with assault weapons

This bill already applies to handguns if they are semiautomatic. Please read the text link provided. The United States Government was kind enough to post it online.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The next time someone asks why you need more than 7 shots

Say the guy who killed the Indiana Mall shooter took ten shots.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
The next time someone asks why you need more than 7 shots

Say the guy who killed the Indiana Mall shooter took ten shots.

I thought it was because more than 7 members of the house voted for this nonsense?

I'll see myself out...

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It's unconstitutional.

It's violating the SCOTUS decision.

You want to start something, this is what will do it.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They can ban in one hand and crap in the other . See which one fills up first.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If you are a US Citizen please let your senator know your opinion. I think their phones will be very busy Monday.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   

As your link www.foxnews.com... says, it's DEAD in the Senate.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

And once again I will point out that a 45-70 hopper fed Gattling Gun is still permitted even under this restriction.

At its core though, this bill will go nowhere. The SCOTUS already struck down state level laws like this as being unconstitutional. Even outside of that how will the Democrats get the Republicans to agree to this. It's an election year and a lot of people are up for re-election, so I doubt this bill is anything other than show for votes.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I hope so. I see this as a show of trying to do something that is illeagle just to say they tried.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

its a publicity stunt to use during the mid-terms , they know it will die in the Senate but they need to pass some bills in the house so they have something to stand on.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

I hope so. I see this as a show of trying to do something that is illeagle just to say they tried.

Democrats are putting most of their emphasis on things that DO NOT MATTER to the vast majority of Americans.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Democrats are putting most of their emphasis on things that DO NOT MATTER to the vast majority of Americans.

With the help of republicans.

You still think these folks from 18-21 shouldn't be able to own these firearms?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
AR-15-style rifles are NOT 'assault weapons' or 'assault rifles.' An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934."

Just like the dems changed the meaning for a recession they also changed the meaning of assault rifle to include any semi-automatic rifle.

So a deer hunting rifle is an “assault weapon” too?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I barely think about Assault Weapons or who buys them. Of greater personal concern are the 16,000 Blacks/Hispanics killed by bullets every year. A 4 year old shot at police last week.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It looks like my "battle rifle" is on the exempted list.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
AR-15-style rifles are NOT 'assault weapons' or 'assault rifles.' An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934."

Just like the dems changed the meaning for a recession they also changed the meaning of assault rifle to include any semi-automatic rifle.

So a deer hunting rifle is an “assault weapon” too?

Dim clowns also changed the definition of "vaccine".

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I barely think about Assault Weapons or who buys them. Of greater personal concern are the 16,000 Blacks/Hispanics killed by bullets every year. A 4 year old shot at police last week.

and yet, you find yourself in another firearm thread. One that has nil to do with handguns and those 16000 killed every year.

Consistency is elusive to some...it seems. Like R's and D's. Crazy eh.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join