It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A trap for the intellect

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I haven't found space-time....have you?

Black holes eat the stuff, usually, at very high speeds, guess they are not real nether?

And then there is "Einstein's General Theory of Relativity" which implies that any massive object distorts the space-time around it, so there is that.

I have never seen or heard anything outside of now.

I hate to break it to you but lots of things in the universe exist, and have existed, and will continue to exist, long before you got here, and long after you leave, and without your permission no less.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Communication with you is what getting "ridiculous".

Really?

No one will ever see anything that's not actually showing up presently.

Really indeed.

So a newspaper lying around from last week does not exist?

What about galaxies and planets thousands of light years distant that you cannot see, do they not exist, just because you cant see them or know what time it is?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
What does this symbol
mean when you use it?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I thought we discussed this, you ask a question, you get an answer.

Answering a query, with your daft off-topic nonsense other queries, is considered to be rude and poor form.

So answer the questions posed and then we can move along as to what simple symbols mean.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I want to understand what you are trying to communicate fully....

So that's why I ask you what
means when you use it.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
What if there is nothing but a grey gooish quantum foam outside of your perception, only to condense into a nut and bolt experience when perceived?

Makes all this philosophical pondering obsolete, yet it can explain quite a lot, especially the stuff we don't agree because we can't stand there side by side and ponder the tree, cat, or whatever and reach a commonsense conclusion.

Agreed on the greyishness, gooishness, quantumishness, and foamishness, at the base of our perceptions.

For me though : that is thingness becoming.
The world of things, emanating from nothingness.

For those that believe in Quantum-Mechanics™ : that the boundless ocean of potentialities, from which all strings, particles, and thoughts arise.

For non-believers : it's just nothingness.

No perception.
Nothing to perceive, and no perceiver.

Yet : ole Nothin doesn't know this.
There is, perhaps, only one thing that is knowable : the Cogito.

" I am. "

That point at which ' physical reality ' : becomes. Comes into perception. Is perceived.
Thingness becoming.

But my ideas, are the same as any, be they scientific,
or philosophic, or artistic, or whatever..., uhmm, istic...

Just a bunch of fancy crooked-scribbles on a page, hand-waving, gesturing, beliefs, concepts,
and a whole lot of guessing ... LoL !!

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I thought we discussed this, you ask a question, you get an answer.

Your turn.

Where my answers?

I don't really care why you are asking silly questions we will get to what obvious symbols mean once you manage to learn basic etiquette and polite decorum aka stop answering questions with tangent ones of your own.

Edit: Hold your breath eh, my dinners out so be back in a few hours or so, if its always now im sure you wont have an issue or problem there.

edit on 29-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You are a fine one to preach polite decorum.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

See the above, tick tock, tis been a pressure.

Foods out Yum'yum.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
The way things are going leads me to conclude that we are living near the asshole part on this entity.

That may explain why we are continually bombarded with assteroids ...

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

When does difference in air pressure become sound?

Because I don't think you would come and tell me that a low-pressure front is a Soundwave bringing in that needed water.
but theoretically it is, you just can't hear it....
So yes... sound is the electromagnetic impulse your ear bone transmitted to your brain. Sound is all made in there... Out there only differences in air pressure exist. No sound.
edit on 29-7-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Because I don't think you would come and tell me that a low-pressure front is a Soundwave bringing in that needed water.

What about thunder?

Thunderstorms are associated with low-pressure systems and also tend to bring rain aka water.

They make sound waves aka generating sounds we can hear, and do so whether or not we are around to hear them or otherwise, as you are perfectly aware.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Good thing we live on a globe it's always 3 o'clock somewhere.

You keep dreaming my day I'll keep dreaming yours

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The low pressure brings at best the wind as a phenomenon of that diffrence in air pressure, the thunder is just the air displacement followed by the lightning, as you are perfectly aware.

Try and answer it... where is the threshold that makes a diffrence in air pressure become a sound...

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Try and answer it... where is the threshold that makes a diffrence in air pressure become a sound...

The greater the pressure change, the louder the sound, which is down to air molecule pressure compressing and expanding.

Now what about thunder?

People don't need to be around for thunder to happen or exist just pressure changes in an electrified atmosphere and clouds.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Given what we know about the nature of fruit plants and flowers in general wouldn't the colour yellow be a gift?

I always figured poisonous fruits just weren't for me and not necessarily bad. Labels are important but they do come with thought processes and baggage I'd think.

God itself is used as a label, maybe things would be easier if we learned to drop the label and respect interpretations of the divine. Even if it's Jesus on some toast, even if you're gluten intolerant.

It's been touched on that it's the extracurricular activities that separates man from beast, we should probably respect the opportunity in others.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

People don't need to be around for thunder to happen or exist just pressure changes in an electrified atmosphere and clouds

I agree, but "sound" is another shoe isn't it...

The air pressure diffrence is only significant if there is a surface onto which it can act. said surfaces happens to be connected to a very sofisticate apparatus than can translate the amplitude and frequency into an electromagnetic signal, note no sound has been heard so far... Only our brain translates this signal into an interpretation of these pressure patterns which we call sound...

You seem to think your senses are a 1to1 representation of your surroundings. you want to ignore that all your senses do, is tranlate your surroundings into an electromagnetic signal. The composition of reality happens in a place that is well protected from everything "real".

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes.

1) Who are the Gods who created God who created Man?

2) If God exists and is truly omnipotent, does he exist in all planes (dimensions), even ones with no God?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Always the starting point, a trap for the mind I shall suggest; "god is everything".
Can you escape from that thought?
To step outside so to speak?

If god is everything, is there a place in that everything, in which we can exist, to point to an external God? Clearly not, so God in that respect, only exists in the mind that remains distinct from the whole. Explaining why religions such as buddhism don't see deities as a necessary ingredient in the path to perfection.

But in my experience one can step outside the thought by becoming thoughtless. There exists a void at the core of our being. That does not exist in everything. Nor does any thing exist in it.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Pantheistic monotheism with a politheistic middle management.

LOL, one can really have fun with those words and the resulting mental landscape.

I slept on what you wrote earlier on "god" and the universe. While I also can see the wonder in how things work and the intricacy, I cannot reconcile what you wrote and the gods described within the testaments of christian thought.

Are you refering to the christian gods? My appologies, I assumed you were.

The new god seems to me to be a different person to the old god.

The old god seems blood-thirsty and quite the evil bastard to be frank.

"You shall acknowledge no God but me, . . . . You are destroyed Israel. . . . The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword, their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." Hosea 13:4, 9, 16 New International Version.

"O daughter Babylon, you devistator! Happy shall they be who pay you backi what you have done to us! Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock!" - Psalm 137:8-9 NRSV.

Source: An ATS member from another thread. Appologies for not remembering exactly who.

That's describes quite the genocidal so-and-so.

For me the spiritual world of the "testaments" is a place I stay away from. I won't walk on the same side of the street as the "old church". The fairies and I don't like them nor the places for our own good reasons.

I know the Baptists have fairly harmless churches. One time I found an old disused church in my "travels". Idaho I think it was. One lonely dead fella in the local hell below the church. Someone told him he would go to hell for his deads and he believed them. I didn't enquire what exactly, probably something he did as a kid. I just told him he could walk out of there and instantly he was gone.

From your description of "god", I wonder if you are talking about something non-christian?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join